I'm ready for your hate: i actually like Britney Jean

britneymegamix

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good aspects: bass quality is amazing, "Work *****" instrumental and idea, "Perfume" vocals, "Til It's Gone", "Body Ache" instrumental, "Don't Cry", "Now That I Found You", "Hold On Tight" just because it helped a fanmade acoustic version be created lol

Bad aspects:  VOCAL production abd quality, Myah Marie, "Alien" vocals, "PASSENGER" sucked... the marketing strategy... ugh... the things that should matter SUCKED

14 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Good aspects: bass quality is amazing, "Work *****" instrumental and idea, "Perfume" vocals, "Til It's Gone", "Body Ache" instrumental, "Don't Cry", "Now That I Found You", "Hold On Tight" just vevause it helped a fanmade acoustic version be created lol

Bad aspects:  VOCAL production abd quality, Myah Marie, "Alien" vocals, "PASSENGER" sucked... the marketing strategy... ugh... the things that should matter SUCKED

The vocal production on Britney Jean is beyond tragic, how can anyone listen to “Brightest Morning Star” and “Hold on Tight” and think they are OK? The vocals are so obviously cropped-and-chopped, it's painful to listen to. Both songs sound like a fan re-arranged a bunch of different vocal takes and put them together. 

EMA (who is an experimental musician) did a pretty spot-on review of it at The Talkhouse 

https://www.talkhouse.com/erika-m-anderson-talks-britney-spearss-britney-jean/

The problem with Britney Jean is that it managed to up the level of how bad a pop album can be while simultaneously being too irrelevant for anyone to care. To me, it is a genuine 0/0 pop album, the work of an artist who knows we will be there to listen anyway.

I remember the fanbase being pretty okay with what they were hearing when it came out, but as soon as the Myah Marie rumors and fake confirmations from stems (ANYONE scan edit those let’s be honest) everyone HATED the album

I remember not being a fan of what I heard when it first came out. I remember doing the iTunes preview streaming thing and just not caring for it. It seemed so odd to follow up high energy Femme Fatale with such a mixed bag album. I partially blame the album’s track order for its incohesive sound but I couldn’t get past that. Everything was just so different. I really didn’t like Work ***** when it came out. It took a LONG TIME for it to grow on me, but that’s really the only song I can truly say I like from that album. I also don’t wanna accuse Myah of singing lead as so many do. I think Britney definitely sang on every song, I think the album was just mixed HORRIBLY. But we cannot deny that there are some parts where it truly doesn’t sound like her. And her vocals on passenger...definitely some bad mixing on that one but I’m also convinced Britney only did one take of that song. Her vocals are just rough. I also just don’t feel the album is worthy to her name. It just feels boring and like the majority sounds like filler. That’s just me though!

But honestly you go girl. I think pretty girls is a cute song not her best by any means but I don’t think it deserves as much hate as it got. I think it was cool to hear Britney so clearly after two eras of heavily processed vocals and I liked the choreography and video.

Different strokes for different folks

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS!

I am Britney Jean's number one fan SINCE DAY ONE! ***** fight me!

lol but seriously (I am type in Anticonformity + Britney Jean and you'll see) and that's awesome that you like it...

I have 10+ copies 2 signed lyrics from Now That I Found You (my fave song ever) tattooed on my arm etc

This is my fave album and ever and its unfortunate that a small but LOUD part of the base was pissed at Britney's team and started the whole mess *spoiler the whole ZOMG THE STEMS ALL SAY MYAH isnt real* and got every1 else rilled up... if you look at posts from November 2013-Jan 2014 no 1 complained like they do now...

There was a time that I love it and thought everything was at least decent. 

Then came a period in time where I hated everything about it.

I'm now at a place where I see its flaws, but also see the redeemable qualities it has.

I still come back to songs like "Passenger" or "Perfume" and really enjoy them. 

Then again, "Body Ache" is the only song I think has no good qualities whatsoever.  It's a prime example of a song that just exists to be album filler. 

If you hate it, that's cool, I can see why. 

If you love it, that's cool too, I can see why. 

Archived