I'm ready for your hate: i actually like Britney Jean

britneymegamix

10 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Further, one of the only songs (if not the only song?) she re-recorded POM vocals for was WB, presumably because she knew she’d be opening her shows with that same damn song around the entire world for the next five years straight, and eventually people would notice the non-Britney parts.

That makes sense. After all, it was the only Britney Jean song performed on Piece Of Me for both the original show and the revamped version, while "Alien" and "Perfume" were replaced by tracks from Glory.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

This is exactly what I came in here to write, but then realized that if Exhalers actually understood and/or respected the subjectivity of personal taste, this cult website would effectively cease to exist as we’d have nothing to argue about anymore (and then I'd need to find a new stress-reliever/mindless hobby, and no one likes change). So purely for sick personal pleasure, I deleted my comment and watched the thread unfold as per usual. Maybe that is officially the sign that it’s time to leave this site. :orangu:

Also, despite what I endorsed above regarding personal taste, I'm quite honestly baffled that some fans keep bringing up BJ and trying to rewrite history by pretending it was a good, albeit rushed, album that would've been great sans will.i.am and Myah Marie. Britards: WAKE THE **** UP. 

BRITNEY SPEARS released a BRITNEY SPEARS album wherein she wasn't the primary vocalist on several of the 10 tracks.

Those are the facts. It's indefensible, and if I didn't have such a maddening lifelong loyalty to her, I would've stopped purchasing anything and everything with so much as her name attached henceforth. But luckily for her, I (and many others), have such a soft spot for Britney that she actually got away with it. I don't know how, but she did.

Truthfully, (and with just cause, if we are being really honest), it should've completely ended her career, and effectively tainted her entire legacy thus far (it would've solidified the decades of Milli Vanilli-type accusations, and left us fans wondering if any part of her career had been authentic thus far). Admittedly, the latter has already crossed my mind since BJ, and it seriously bums me out. :( 

So, to the BJ apologists, I'm glad you like the music, but it seems many are still, five years later, missing the point. It's not about a rushed album with generic tracks that failed to make a commercial impact and/or was critically panned.

Hell, I wouldn't care if the songs had been on par with ITZ/BO in terms of quality when both she and her management knowingly deceived both the general public and two decades of loyal fans by releasing a "Britney Spears" album in which she is not just frequently vocally absent in lieu of an impersonator(!), but then further added insult to injury by claiming writing credits on songs that were already 100% completed, and most egregiously, continuing to have the gall to claim it was her most personal album. :overitkbye:

It's shocking and beyond disappointing, and there's no way to reframe the facts or alter history in an objective manner to lessen the utter brazenness and frankly criminality with respect to the actions of Team B, whom willfully and mendaciously, and with Britney's knowledge, released and promoted that which can only be referred to as a sham. Britney's management and team created and promoted a fake Britney album "just for the fans," when in reality it was "just for the $10 per each gullible consumer." 

So while, for example, I genuinely think HOT is a great song (and not just by BJ standards), I'm not giving an iota of praise toward a money-grubbing facade that I was dupable enough to donate my own $10 towards. 

For me at least, literally everything (including the first paragraph) is true for me.

Although it's a long post, I congratulate you for saying everything that need to be said here and basically summing up the whole thread. 

52 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

For me at least, literally everything (including the first paragraph) is true for me.

Although it's a long post, I congratulate you for saying everything that need to be said here and basically summing up the whole thread. 

Sadly, that was one of my shorter posts. :orangu: 

I’m apparently not very skilled at being succinct and/or have far too many opinions.

But thanks for the kind message; I’m never aware if anyone even bothers reading my novellas and yet I continue to write regardless, probably to the annoyance of everyone. :evilpatrick:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I really don't mind how people rank Britney's albums cause it's all a matter of taste however I do have little to no respect to fans who prefer BJ over one of Britney's 8 other albums. Cause to me that sounds you rather listen to Myah than Britney, lol

I absolutely LOVE Britney Jean, knowing I shouldn't. It's really a guilty pleasure. It has zero substance to it, it has zero cohesiveness to it (which I think is fundamental to classify any album as good), I find it criminal (as other user pointed out) that there is the Myah Marie mess...

BUT it's a hell good 'let it out' album. Whenever you're upset or angry (which is me 90% of the time, I admit) or need a good workout song, Britney Jean has the answer. Its EDM and uptempo tracks are better, more well-done and effortlessly more lifting than anything on Femme, and I like the lack of ambition (not trying to make the album of the millennium, or a big statement, or anything. Just get your *** up and dance). Without any doubt, I find myself listening to it more than Baby, Oops, ITZ, Circus and Femme for sure. I think it's a fundamental album in her career, and I think we should stop hating on it. There is far worse stuff scattered through Britney's discography to be bashed. Also, it's the only Britney album cover that doesn't look bad as ****, and that aged like sour milk (well this and Circus, perhaps).

ALSO: Leave It Should Be Easy alone, it's iconic bad but I love it! #Justice4MyahJean

19 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I'm not saying that Glory has incredible songwriting, but I personally think most of the BJ lyrics are beyond cringe-inducing, and that includes both singles.

Work *****:

You wanna
You wanna

You want a hot body?
You want a Bugatti?
You want a Maserati?
You better work, *****!
You want a Lamborghini?
Sip martinis?
Look hot in a bikini?
You better work, *****!
You wanna live fancy?
Live in a big mansion?
Party in France?

You better work, *****!
You better work, *****!
You better work, *****!
You better work, *****!

Now get to work, *****!

Perfume:

"Gotta mark my territory"

It Should Be Easy:

If there was a scale from one to ten
My love for you is a million billion

La di dee, la di dah
It's the only way you are
La di dee, la di dah
It's the only way you are
I don't know how to say it*

*(Author’s note: that’s one hell of an understatement).

Chillin’ With You:

When I'm witchu, I'm chillin'.
I'm chill.

And just the above examples alone consist of nearly half (40%) of the standard tracklist. :ehum:

At least Glory had some moments where the songwriting shined exponentially more than it has in the past several albums (e.g., Invitation, Just Luv Me, Man On The Moon, Mood Ring, etc). It also had some terrible lyrics, but it wouldn’t be a Britney album without a few. :tehe:

I agree with the all the lyrics you mentioned and, of course, Chillin' With You is a complete disaster. But BJ has great lyrics and some of them are very personal. But I feel that Glory is 80-90% about *** and I hate that. The Intivation's "Put your love all over me" part is :ehno:

For example, Just Like Me has great lyrics but It's so repetitive that it kinda ruined the song for me :nochillbrit: (It's still one of my faves tho)

So if I compare the albums' lyrics, both have terrible lyrics but I still feel that BJ's best lyrics are better than Glory's best lyrics (Don't Cry, HOT, Perfume and even TIG, BMS, Alien and Passenger are great with it's  flaws). Which is crazy becuase of course overall, Glory is 100% better than BJ :orangu: If they hadn't ruined it, it could have been an amazing album :tiffsniffle:

6 minutes ago, Catalin said:

She hates it. I mean, when was the last time she performed a song from it other than WB? 2014?

yeah britney makes it very evident how much she is not a fan of it. she would even ditch going the studio to record the songs :tifflmao:

13 hours ago, Catalin said:

She hates it. I mean, when was the last time she performed a song from it other than WB? 2014?

C'mon, if it was successful she would have performed it a little bit more for sure. 

Also, Britney hates performing her old and iconic songs too (and Hiam), so her judgment is nothing important. And if the Myah's thing is real, you should blame her, not her team or whoever. 

1 hour ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

since this thread i listen to it non stop hehe

Brightest Morning Star is my jam now: 

...... You put your hands out, you catch my tears,
And I'm feeling so close to your love now
If I was lost out like ...

tumblr_o0rew12zD51qdcxoeo1_500.gif

I lift my hands and pray 'cause life is tough some days
But I will not lose faith 'cause you will lead the waaaaaay ...

giphy.gif

You're my light when it gets dark

You're always in my heart

giphy.gif

You're my Brightest Morning Staaaaaaaar 

s-e5786463643e29c8d4a8c7180a77b242950d3d

Archived