Do people still love Britney?

stateofgracebritney

Her image and career have been on the decline since 2008.

Unfortunately, she stays too quiet for her own good. It’s easy to forget she is still around when she is making zero impact. Also, her lack of caring has affected her career as well; her lack of live singing, good dancing, lack of in depth interviews. She did this to herself.

I believe she still has a fanbase because most of her hardcore fans will follow her forever no matter what but the GP have completely moved on.

She will have to do something miraculous so that B10 can perform well otherwise it will be a flop and we all know it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is wrong. Actually the general public has some sense of respect for her nowadays. specially look at the breakdown like a bravery thing, like a cool rebellious act. you even see meme's everywhere of how "if britney made trough 2007, so can you!". which is very positive and good overall. and i think in general they only remember the 1999-2005 prime britney. somewhat about blackout which the highlight was piece of me but that's it. i don't think people recognize anything else after that or mention it.

Even tho that FF had a commercial success at the time, nobody talks about it, the FF sound nowadays looks like mediocre. nothing here to do.

Regarding, Glory, maybe that was underrated for Britney. But that's it. I think her career is kinda done for the GP. unless she comes out really strong but I doubt it. I'll believe it when she drops some of her meds, fires larry and ends the C-SHIP. and then starts doing music in the studio freely like she did with Blackout. and like Danja said once, "we had no pressure, things went fast, fun and free-lose.... that's how music should be done", and yet Britney managed to have her best album of her career. that's it.

24 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Yes, but if you actually watched the VH1 special from 2004 that I linked, you’ll notice she doesn’t get the same respect... sure, people like her but do you seriously think she still has all of those dermatologists, personal trainers, body guards and all those people to make sure she’s treated the best she can be? Cause if she does, she’s very good at hiding it :4music: 

when was the last time you saw a nightclub being closed because she was there? When was the last time she bought the most expensive Lana Marks, Michael Kors, Hermès in the mall? When was the last time she had people praising her for a tour stage and costumes? :schoolingtime: 

To be far, most of that stuff is by choice. She could have the best of the best as far as skin care, bodyguards, etc. Clubs would still be closed if she attended, but she doesn’t. Her name holds a lot of power (even if the GP doesn’t talk about her anymore), she just kind of chooses to lay low.

I don’t really blame her either, she’s been humbled as she’s gotten older. She probably soaked up fame for the first few years, then clearly got tired of it when the train didn’t stop. Now that she’s older, it seems like she tries to have a balance between being Britney and Britney Spears. She’ll attend the industry stuff she HAS too, but would rather be at home chillen with her kids and watching a movie.

Chick would rather shop at Target then the high end stores:quirkney: She’s got the options, she just chooses to live simply. She certainly could afford it. As far as the being praised for music/performances/costumes, sadly that is also all by choice, just on a different tier of that makes any sense :demi: 

1 minute ago, mystic falls said:

Well, her main goal was to be as much irrelevant as she can ever since 2007 so I guess she did a good job. :jj:
Can't blame her tho. :raven:

But I still think this is 90% on Britney’s team , not her... they’re afraid of taking risks and doing promo for something decent when this is the year pop music needed her the most... 

also she was still prime level famous until Britney Jean happened. The irrelevance didn’t come packaged with Blackout, it came packaged with Britney Jean :4music: 

too sad Glory was so underr:crying1:ated  

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

had they not existed, there would be other "it-girls".. that's just the circle of pop music and stardom y'all.. how long can one celebrity milk the same image for? unless you constantly reinvent yourself like Madonna did, the shelf life of a pop star isn't that long and they're bound to be forgotten.. :sipney:

I mean, yes, but if she was still the “it-girl” of pop music, people would actually care about her legacy and not say she’s a lip syncing flop :meltdown: 

when she is actually one of the best pop singers that ever existed :anxiety:

1 hour ago, #Brunetteney said:

I’m 17. On Instagram I follow a lot of the pages my friends and younger people follow. One page posted that oops video where’s she’s making the funny faces that got a little popular on Twitter a few weeks ago, and a alarming amount of people my age and even younger were saying “who is that?” “What song is that?” “I don’t know who she is??” And could not immediately know it was Britney. :disappointed:They know her name but not her songs or music videos. Toxic is the only song the teenage GP knows, maybe bomt. Another time, I saw this one post that had a bunch of singers like Michael,Britney, Madonna and it implied that they were legends. A LARGE amount of comments from young people said “Britney isn’t a legend lol” “remove Britney” or “she’s an icon maybe but she’s not a legend”. :jlostare:

i fear for the future of music to say the least :wontcry: 

I think they’re right tho.  Britney to me is not a legend.  A legend implies you touch everybody in some way... just think of Man in the Mirror or Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On.  Britney doesn’t have a song remotely of that caliber.  She never grew as an artist and in fact regressed to the point that other people are on her albums to fool us in to thinking she can still sing.  At one point, she should have broken free and become extraordinary, but sadly she remained bubblegum mediocre and never reached that acclaimed status.

1 minute ago, Scrappy said:

I think they’re right tho.  Britney to me is not a legend.  A legend implies you touch everybody in some way... just think of Man in the Mirror or Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On.  Britney doesn’t have a song remotely of that caliber.  She never grew as an artist and in fact regressed to the point that other people are on her albums to fool us in to thinking she can still sing.  At one point, she should have broken free and become extraordinary, but sadly she remained bubblegum mediocre and never reached that acclaimed status.

blame her father and her team.

6 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Ok, this is not right in so many ways :hahaha: 

I respect your opinion but toxic and BOMT are far more remembered than man in the mirror :cackling: 

I don’t know about your country but in mine people always remember I wanna Go and Pretty Girls much more than Madonna’s Ray of Light itself :orangu:

edit: forgot to add 2011-onwards actually got a lot of radio playings, even make me and slumber party 

Her prime was only four years. Contrary to what Britney thinks she deff has/had a lot to prove and she just hasn’t proved it and now ppl are over it. 

Yes her prime will always be remembered but she has lost a lot in the last decade.

Not to mention all these other artists are so into their careers and Britney can’t even tell you what year Glory came out... 

1 minute ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Ok, this is not right in so many ways :hahaha: 

I respect your opinion but toxic and BOMT are far more remembered than man in the mirror :cackling: 

I don’t know about your country but in mine people always remember I wanna Go and Pretty Girls much more than Madonna’s Ray of Light itself :orangu:

You’re delusional. Man in the Mirror, heck, all of MJs discography transcends anything Britney Spears has put out due to the complexity of his many hits. Britney’s lack of diversity, her inability to speak about any humanitarian cause or even give back in any significant way, her failure to mature at all, sadly, means her legacy is as one dimensional as her ***-kitten image/product.  In karaoke bars across the world, you will barely see Britney listed if at all.  You’re guaranteed to find MJ, Celine, and Madonna.  The only songs I ever found of Britney outside the States consistently were Stronger and Lucky, and even then people preferred Kelly Clarkson’s version over Brit.  Most of Britney’s songs are not anthems.  There’s nothing there that transcends her era.  She will ultimately be forgotten and remembered only as a once talented, overly sexualized and sadly abused *** icon, who sabotaged herself to become a tragic Greek character. She’s no Phoenix either as she never came back or hit it as hard as she once did. MJ, despite his many problems, could still work it and This is It proves that. When Britney manages to do that, call me, and I’ll eat my words and call her a legend. Until then, ...

9 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

You’re delusional. Man in the Mirror, heck, all of MJs discography transcends anything Britney Spears has put out due to the complexity of his many hits. Britney’s lack of diversity, her inability to speak about any humanitarian cause or even give back in any significant way, her failure to mature at all, sadly, means her legacy is as one dimensional as her ***-kitten image/product.  In karaoke bars across the world, you will barely see Britney listed if at all.  You’re guaranteed to find MJ, Celine, and Madonna.  The only songs I ever found of Britney outside the States consistently were Stronger and Lucky, and even then people preferred Kelly Clarkson’s version over Brit.  Most of Britney’s songs are not anthems.  There’s nothing there that transcends her era.  She will ultimately be forgotten and remembered only as a once talented, overly sexualized and sadly abused *** icon, who sabotaged herself to become a tragic Greek character. She’s no Phoenix either as she never came back or hit it as hard as she once did. MJ, despite his many problems, could still work it and This is It proves that. When Britney manages to do that, call me, and I’ll eat my words and call her a legend. Until then, ...

I live outside the states and no one even knows Kelly once covered lucky :well: and you’re being way too harsh that you sound like, well, not a fan.

So many of you have it backwards. Britney was not respected in her prime. It was not cool to like Britney and it was cool to talk **** about her. Not just when she went a little trashy, always, from the beginning. She earned the respect she has today because of what she went through and retrosepctively earned respect for her talent in her prime because of the huge difference from before and after and it’s the younger crowd that doesn’t respect her now. I never see or hear anything negative said about her except on this site and when I do see a random negative comment on a Britney related topic I can always tell that it’s somebody from this forum or who reads it 

Britney has a couple things working against her; for one, this new generation consumes music differently. (Most) people constantly want new music and only care about new music.. they cycle through it pretty quickly and discard it when it's even remotely old. It's kind of alarming and it's why everything is terrible on the radio. Like idk it's probably just me but I looked at spotify's 100 most played songs of 2018 and in all honesty I only listen to one or two of those songs. I knew and had heard everything on the list but I didn't like any of it enough to actually listen to on my own accord.

The other thing is she doesn't care enough about her career and music. That's like step one, the artist has to want it.

LMAO, you guys forget how hated Britney was back then? People actually praise her more now than when she was 100% popstar mode. :well:

Yes, there's people who still love her, but there's also people who don't and won't ever, so... :well:

Something missing here, you don't see her out there anymore, not in nightclubs or any public events/awards (except if she's gonna win something, maybe she'll attend), no promo, she does nothing. Even the Piece Of Mess tour, she basically just annaunced it via her ig. So, for what exactly will paps follow her now? I bet they pretty much still did a couple years ago until they got tired because she didn't do something strange or acted crazy, so there's no point for them to follow her through the grocery store. I mean, when she went to that award show last year with Bin Laden, paps were following her, there you go. :well:

But, isn't that what she wanted? Be out of the radar? You can't expect her to be the it girl when she doesn't show up in ****. I don't care about Britney that much anymore, I check this forum because it's funny sometimes. BUT, I do believe if one day she wants to become that relevant again, she will without a doubt. But the question is, can she handle that will she feel that passion again? :shark:

5 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

i think that nowadays teens are just too interested in newer artists like Demi Lovato, Billie Eilish, Ariana (which i’m also a stan btw)

Who is that? :wtf:

The GP has never liked Britney, it was awkward listening to Britney in the begining they began hating her from 2001 on wich peaked in 2007/08. She gained respect afterwards. I dont think she will ever come back to be a Tina Turner, Micheal Jackson, or even a Christina Aguilera.  

3 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I kind of agree with some of what you are saying but honestly some of this is whack. I was a hardcore mj stan before I was a Britney stan, and tbh Britney does have SOME music on the caliber of mj. No, not all of her music is on that level, but you have to admit songs like Toxic or BOMT are amazing quality songs. What do you consider complexity? With the humanitarian thing, not every artist has to make songs like heal the world in order to be a good person. Has Madonna or Celine  made well known humanitarian songs? (I’m genuinely asking). Sometimes songs like that just don’t fit that artist and it wouldn’t really make sense for primeney to go sing a song like that. Mj’s whole image was this transcending Peter Pan childlike angel guy. He fit that, and songs like Heal the World also fit that, so it was appropriate. Britney’s image was way diffrent. So is Celine’s and so is Madonna’s. She doesn’t have to make peace songs and constantly do things like that to be a good person. She has plenty of foundations and charities and has done lots of humanitarian work, she just chooses not to broadcast it or build amusement parks in her backyard. Plus, a lot of people had issues back then with mj making songs like that because it made him seem like he had some type of messiah complex. Britney doesn’t have to do all that. Second of all, you said MJ despite his problems could still work it. Part of the reason why he died in the first place (god bless his soul) was from overworking himself. Ask any MJ stan and they will tell you if MJ hadn’t died before this is it, he would have died during it. It was way too much work for him at that point. Like I said, I love MJ, but him and Brit are to completely different artists and to compare them would be ridiculous because their music is complex in different ways. Music doesn’t have to be super deep to be good.

Archived