Do people still love Britney?

stateofgracebritney

Of course, she is one of the richest female singers and her fans, like us from exhale, are always supporting her, but for some reason she doesn’t seem to get the same VIP treatment she used to a couple of years ago.

this episode of “The Fabulous Life” is from 2004, I believe? And it seemed like everybody loved her.

from the In The Zone era, 2004, from now, what could have changed? Paparazzi barely follow her... could that be the lack of new music or is there something.. more??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Of course, she is one of the richest female singers and her fans, like us from exhale, are always supporting her, but for some reason she doesn’t seem to get the same VIP treatment she used to a couple of years ago.

what could have changed? Paparazzi barely follow her... could that be the lack of new music or is there something.. more??

20 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

i think the GP doesnt really care about her but If you would question them they wouldnt really have anything negative to say. Maybe they would bring up 2007 but overall I dont think people care anymore.

In truth, she has been steeply declining in relevance since the 'Circus era', in part because of newer acts like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga Rihanna, Miley Cyrus and the 'real emergence of Beyonce in late 2008' (Beyonce was always far less famous than Britney until 2008/Single Ladies)  The glut of female stars helped make her less relevant.

But another thing that steeply dropped her relevance is her image.  The simple fact is that after 2013 (Coinciding with Britney Jean release) her face was simply not the same face that made her extremely famous.

Sure there were many times she looked messy from 1999-2013, but her face was always recognizable, even with lackluster makeup.  Even here she had work done but she's instantly recognizable.  Image made her career.  She was able to get away with lacklusterness from 2009-2013 because of her image.

Now, her dancing talent is not what it was, she doesn't sing live much and plastic surgery makes her look far too less recognizable; it's certainly not hard to see how she has little appeal today.  I've said in past that yes, there are recent clips/photos of her where she looks great but doesn't 'accentuate' her beauty.  Even then, she had a distinct smile that is pretty much not there after 2013.

I think she probably looks great in person but for branding purposes, she simply looks less recognizable.  Not 'terrible' or anything, but less recognizable.

11 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

In truth, she has been steeply declining in relevance since the 'Circus era', in part because of newer acts like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga Rihanna, Miley Cyrus and the 'real emergence of Beyonce in late 2008' (Beyonce was always far less famous than Britney until 2008/Single Ladies)  The glut of female stars helped make her less relevant.

But another thing that steeply dropped her relevance is her image.  The simple fact is that after 2013 (Coinciding with Britney Jean release) her face was simply not the same face that made her extremely famous.

Sure there were many times she looked messy from 1999-2013, but her face was always recognizable, even with lackluster makeup.  Even here she had work done but she's instantly recognizable.  Image made her career.  She was able to get away with lacklusterness from 2009-2013 because of her image.

Now, her dancing talent is not what it was, she doesn't sing live much and plastic surgery makes her look far too less recognizable; it's certainly not hard to see how she has little appeal today.  I've said in past that yes, there are recent clips/photos of her where she looks great but doesn't 'accentuate' her beauty.  Even then, she had a distinct smile that is pretty much not there after 2013.

I think she probably looks great in person but for branding purposes, she simply looks less recognizable.  Not 'terrible' or anything, but less recognizable.

Make Me went #1 on itunes, so folks still check for Britney

The appeal will always be there

Just now, joe sp said:

I want this face back, so beautiful! :wontcry:

And DESPITE of all the changes she was still getting LOTS OF POSITIVE media press following the 2016 Billboard Awards, and her and her team subsequently squashed the Glory era with that horrendous first video and underwhelming VMA performance (Given the hype).

So she and her team got lots of chances from 2009 2016 so let's not pretend they didn't.  There is no reason for her to be relevant these days. 

(I've always been of the opinion that she should have made her real comeback after Circus; Circus was necessary to replenish her bank accounts but she should have taken a real break and comeback as a performer, which she could have.) 

TOO Many changes have been made over the years for people to stay interested in her.

I’m 17. On Instagram I follow a lot of the pages my friends and younger people follow. One page posted that oops video where’s she’s making the funny faces that got a little popular on Twitter a few weeks ago, and a alarming amount of people my age and even younger were saying “who is that?” “What song is that?” “I don’t know who she is??” And could not immediately know it was Britney. :disappointed:They know her name but not her songs or music videos. Toxic is the only song the teenage GP knows, maybe bomt. Another time, I saw this one post that had a bunch of singers like Michael,Britney, Madonna and it implied that they were legends. A LARGE amount of comments from young people said “Britney isn’t a legend lol” “remove Britney” or “she’s an icon maybe but she’s not a legend”. :jlostare:

i fear for the future of music to say the least :wontcry: 

She’s not the biggest pop star in the world right now but she’s definitely not forgotten, I mean she’s not like Avril Lavigne or Jessica Simpson. Despite the plastic surgery I think she still has a recognizable face for most people of every generation. I’d say her voice and songs are recognizable as well, like Pretty Girls may have flopped but most people I know know about it (even non-fans) and I’m from the newer generation.

5 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

And DESPITE of all the changes she was still getting LOTS OF POSITIVE media press following the 2016 Billboard Awards, and her and her team subsequently squashed the Glory era with that horrendous first video and underwhelming VMA performance (Given the hype).

So she and her team got lots of chances from 2009 2016 so let's not pretend they didn't.  There is no reason for her to be relevant these days. 

(I've always been of the opinion that she should have made her real comeback after Circus; Circus was necessary to replenish her bank accounts but she should have taken a real break and comeback as a performer, which she could have.) 

TOO Many changes have been made over the years for people to stay interested in her.

That VMA performance gave Make Me a huuuuuuuuuggge increase that night pushing it up one spot to #2 on itunes

It would have been #1 again that night had the Closer song not existed

So the people loved what they heard

4 minutes ago, #Brunetteney said:

I’m 17. On Instagram I follow a lot of the pages my friends and younger people follow. One page posted that oops video where’s she’s making the funny faces that got a little popular on Twitter a few weeks ago, and a alarming amount of people my age and even younger were saying “who is that?” “What song is that?” “I don’t know who she is??” And could not immediately know it was Britney. :disappointed:They know her name but not her songs or music videos. Toxic is the only song the teenage GP knows, maybe bomt. Another time, I saw this one post that had a bunch of singers like Michael,Britney, Madonna and it implied that they were legends. A LARGE amount of comments from young people said “Britney isn’t a legend lol” “remove Britney” or “she’s an icon maybe but she’s not a legend”. :jlostare:

i fear for the future of music to tell you the least :wontcry: 

I’m even younger than you and I know every single song of her discography :cackling: 

i think that nowadays teens are just too interested in newer artists like Demi Lovato, Billie Eilish, Ariana (which i’m also a stan btw) and at THE OLDEST maybe Katy and Taylor. People just have a huge problem with artist over 35 and imo this just has to end :4music: 

i mean, the fact Britney is almost forty doesn’t make her any less talented or prettier than Selena Gomez for example :schoolingtime: 

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

That VMA performance gave Make Me a huuuuuuuuuggge increase that night pushing it up one spot to #2 on itunes

It would have been #1 again that night had the Closer song not existed

So the people loved what they heard

Cappy, people still love Britney’s music but what I mean is as a person, not a singer. 

Do you see the same respect and recognition she used to get during ITZ era back in 2003 and 2004? No, because people are trying to give way too much space to younger artists and forget about real legends :lemmetellu: 

had Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Rihanna never existed, plus Beyoncé never going solo, Britney would still be number #1 every time, or am I wrong? :mj:

2 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Cappy, people still love Britney’s music but what I mean is as a person, not a singer. 

Do you see the same respect and recognition she used to get during ITZ era back in 2003 and 2004? No, because people are trying to give way too much space to younger artists and forget about real legends :lemmetellu: 

had Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Rihanna never existed, plus Beyoncé never going solo, Britney would still be number #1 every time, or am I wrong? :mj:

Nobody stays popular forever

This normally happens to anyone who has a long career

I believe Britney remains well-liked among her peers and in the industry. But the general population I would say is mixed, varying with age. Also, I think it matters if you were a fan of hers at one point but aren't anymore (for what ever reason), or if you never much cared for her music to begin with. Those who "know of her" but haven't followed her career to this day still reference the events that took place 07-08. Teens and under either don't know her at all and/or may recognize the Primeney hits. 

Archived