Do people still love Britney?

stateofgracebritney

She's never been entirely love or hated. In her prime she was on top of the world but she also had many hater, like that one woman who said if she had the chance she would shoot at her, imagine a statement as such nowadays!!! The Internet would blow up but anyways. 

I guess the gp opinion would be calling britney an icon but they couldn't really say anything specific since Britney's popularity is just gone, ofc she's still famous but she isn't in people's mind as much as jb, Selena, ariana and these new pop kids 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Scrappy said:

You’re delusional. Man in the Mirror, heck, all of MJs discography transcends anything Britney Spears has put out due to the complexity of his many hits. Britney’s lack of diversity, her inability to speak about any humanitarian cause or even give back in any significant way, her failure to mature at all, sadly, means her legacy is as one dimensional as her ***-kitten image/product.  In karaoke bars across the world, you will barely see Britney listed if at all.  You’re guaranteed to find MJ, Celine, and Madonna.  The only songs I ever found of Britney outside the States consistently were Stronger and Lucky, and even then people preferred Kelly Clarkson’s version over Brit.  Most of Britney’s songs are not anthems.  There’s nothing there that transcends her era.  She will ultimately be forgotten and remembered only as a once talented, overly sexualized and sadly abused *** icon, who sabotaged herself to become a tragic Greek character. She’s no Phoenix either as she never came back or hit it as hard as she once did. MJ, despite his many problems, could still work it and This is It proves that. When Britney manages to do that, call me, and I’ll eat my words and call her a legend. Until then, ...

What :wow: 

britney has countless anthems :wow: 

bomt, Oops, slave, me against the music, toxic, everytime, My Prerogative, State of Grace, gimme more, welcome to me, Piece of me, make me, slumber party, change your mind, where can I even begin :wow: 

last time I went on a karaoke it had about six Britney songs which included FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY BROKEN HEART. 

Ftbombh is not even know by the GP and not really remembered cause it hadn’t had that much promo 2001-onwards but it was still relevant enough to be on a karaoke:akii: 

also the karaoke had, in fact, MJ but still had no Madonna :checkit: 

like I said, respect your opinion tho, this is just my point of view. :bedtime:

2 hours ago, tommy_boy said:

LMAO, you guys forget how hated Britney was back then? People actually praise her more now than when she was 100% popstar mode. :well:

Yes, there's people who still love her, but there's also people who don't and won't ever, so... :well:

Something missing here, you don't see her out there anymore, not in nightclubs or any public events/awards (except if she's gonna win something, maybe she'll attend), no promo, she does nothing. Even the Piece Of Mess tour, she basically just annaunced it via her ig. So, for what exactly will paps follow her now? I bet they pretty much still did a couple years ago until they got tired because she didn't do something strange or acted crazy, so there's no point for them to follow her through the grocery store. I mean, when she went to that award show last year with Bin Laden, paps were following her, there you go. :well:

But, isn't that what she wanted? Be out of the radar? You can't expect her to be the it girl when she doesn't show up in ****. I don't care about Britney that much anymore, I check this forum because it's funny sometimes. BUT, I do believe if one day she wants to become that relevant again, she will without a doubt. But the question is, can she handle that will she feel that passion again? :shark:

Who is that? :wtf:

2 hours ago, tommy_boy said:

LMAO, you guys forget how hated Britney was back then? People actually praise her more now than when she was 100% popstar mode. :well:

Yes, there's people who still love her, but there's also people who don't and won't ever, so... :well:

Something missing here, you don't see her out there anymore, not in nightclubs or any public events/awards (except if she's gonna win something, maybe she'll attend), no promo, she does nothing. Even the Piece Of Mess tour, she basically just annaunced it via her ig. So, for what exactly will paps follow her now? I bet they pretty much still did a couple years ago until they got tired because she didn't do something strange or acted crazy, so there's no point for them to follow her through the grocery store. I mean, when she went to that award show last year with Bin Laden, paps were following her, there you go. :well:

But, isn't that what she wanted? Be out of the radar? You can't expect her to be the it girl when she doesn't show up in ****. I don't care about Britney that much anymore, I check this forum because it's funny sometimes. BUT, I do believe if one day she wants to become that relevant again, she will without a doubt. But the question is, can she handle that will she feel that passion again? :shark:

Who is that? :wtf:

Disagree 

Britney was maybe bullied in her prime but she was still considered cool and rich and fun and pretty and talented both singing and dance-wise, at least in my country

also, Billie Eilish is not THAT famous yet (not as much as Demi and others) she is a 17 year old singer with blue hair who got famous for that music video where she drinks some black stuff that looks like black paint and then she cries all that black drink, it’s quite creepy 

18 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

What :wow: 

britney has countless anthems :wow: 

bomt, Oops, slave, me against the music, toxic, everytime, My Prerogative, State of Grace, gimme more, welcome to me, Piece of me, make me, slumber party, change your mind, where can I even begin :wow: 

last time I went on a karaoke it had about six Britney songs which included FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY BROKEN HEART. 

Ftbombh is not even know by the GP and not really remembered cause it hadn’t had that much promo 2001-onwards but it was still relevant enough to be on a karaoke:akii: 

also the karaoke had, in fact, MJ but still had no Madonna :checkit: 

like I said, respect your opinion tho, this is just my point of view. :bedtime:

I think you need to look up the word "anthem" in the dictionary. We're talking about something that means something to more than one select group of people: a message that resonates.  Man in the Mirror is about how to elicit change in the world through the self. It's very reflective and invokes a certain level of passion that none of Britney's songs about *** or this boy or that boy will ever do. I'm sure *** is not the epitome of your world either, nor is it the top thing on everybody's mind. The human condition, however, and the legacy we pass on to another generation, is a concern for many people across age groups. It's a message young and old can appreciate.

Again, call me when Britney achieves an anthem of substance. Only then will she become a real legend. 

She still carries a legacy and she'll always be remembered for her previous work.

But moving forward, she'd have to really be putting herself out there in all corners of the world to retain any sense of a resurgence in relevance. And I don't see her doing that any time soon tbh.

Otherwise she'll only be celebrated for her past thus becoming a nostalgia act.

She had a good run though :mhm:

7 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Again, call me when Britney achieves an anthem of substance. Only then will she become a real legend. 

That completely defeats the idea of what Britney's persona represents though, let's be real. She is/was essentially a form of escapism, light and uplifting form of entertainment.

And I don't think you need to create something of hard-hitting substance to become "a real legend". She connects/connected with people through her vulnerability and passion and that's just as much of a reason to be a legend.

10 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

I think you need to look up the word "anthem" in the dictionary. We're talking about something that means something to more than one select group of people: a message that resonates.  Man in the Mirror is about how to elicit change in the world through the self. It's very reflective and invokes a certain level of passion that none of Britney's songs about *** or this boy or that boy will ever do. I'm sure *** is not the epitome of your world either, nor is it the top thing on everybody's mind. The human condition, however, and the legacy we pass on to another generation, is a concern for many people across age groups. It's a message young and old can appreciate.

State of Grace is an anthem of substance :yesplease: 

listen to it with attention one more time and I promise you won’t regret it :yesplease: 

recommend don’t hang up, Outta This World, better and invitation as well, tho State of Grace is the best 

1 minute ago, BabyBabyBay said:

That completely defeats the idea of what Britney's persona represents though, let's be real. She is/was essentially a form of escapism, light and uplifting form of entertainment.

And I don't think you need to create something of hard-hitting substance to become "a real legend". She connects/connected with people through her vulnerability and passion and that's just as much of a reason to be a legend.

:whatitellu:

37 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Disagree 

Britney was maybe bullied in her prime but she was still considered cool and rich and fun and pretty and talented both singing and dance-wise, at least in my country

also, Billie Eilish is not THAT famous yet (not as much as Demi and others) she is a 17 year old singer with blue hair who got famous for that music video where she drinks some black stuff that looks like black paint and then she cries all that black drink, it’s quite creepy 

Ok, you can disagree all you want. But why did you downvote me? :wyd:  Fix that ****. :lessons:

I still love Britney but she is mainly a nostalgia thing for me now I’m most interested in her work from 1999-2004. I will always love her but I don’t really enjoy any of the new music/performances, I will always root for Britney but she is not the same music/ dancing and face I feel in love with as a young girl. 

Um what a redundant thread. Yes, people still love Britney and if anything, she’s more beloved/respected nowadays after all the trials and tribulations she faced. Not to mention, Britney’s prime represents a time of nostalgia and late 90s/early 00s innocence that is cherished a lot in our society. 

She obviously isn’t the most relevant pop star anymore but that doesn’t mean the general public doesn’t care about her. There is still a fascination and public interest, especially for the generation that grew up with Britney Spears, even if her star power has diminished. And the reason her star power diminished is because she didn’t want to put in the effort of being a high-profile pop star anymore, nor did her work post-Blackout transcend her over towards a major reinvention. Regardless, she was our generation’s Marilyn/Elvis and when all is said and done, she will be remembered as a legend who was responsible for the resurgence of pop music in the late 90s and who defined popular culture/music in the 00s.

9 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

She still carries a legacy and she'll always be remembered for her previous work.

But moving forward, she'd have to really be putting herself out there in all corners of the world to retain any sense of a resurgence in relevance. And I don't see her doing that any time soon tbh.

Otherwise she'll only be celebrated for her past thus becoming a nostalgia act.

She had a good run though :mhm:

Best answer. Her legacy is too far ingrained in popular culture for her to be forgotten, at least for the next 20 years. Only time will tell if Britney makes a resurgence and decides to put in the effort again. She has a lot working in her favor and at this point, the ball is in her court.

Archived