Do people still love Britney?

stateofgracebritney

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

I’m even younger than you and I know every single song of her discography :cackling: 

i think that nowadays teens are just too interested in newer artists like Demi Lovato, Billie Eilish, Ariana (which i’m also a stan btw) and at THE OLDEST maybe Katy and Taylor. People just have a huge problem with artist over 35 and imo this just has to end :4music: 

i mean, the fact Britney is almost forty doesn’t make her any less talented or prettier than Selena Gomez for example :schoolingtime: 

Yeah I think a lot more teens are into more indie type stuff and rap (Billie, Tyler the creator, xxxtentacion)  as well and not so much mainstream pop. Ariana is the only pop girl who is really bringing it to the table tbh. Sometimes when I see the records she’s breaking for streaming or her performances she gives me slight modern primeney vibes and I live for a few moments  :anxiety:

I would add that maybe she’s also liked because some people may feel bad for her breakdown. On the other hand some of my friends think that’s she’s cool because of the head shaving/umbrella/underwear incident and her breakdown in general, they’re like OMG she’s a badass lol

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney never needs to be worried about that fickle audience

She kinda does tho :bedtime: 

adults grow up and have children, of course some of them would forget Britney.

not everyone has time and money to buy all the cds and frequently stay on exhale like us.

so in order to stay relevant, she must get the support from younger audiences who will spread the word about her music in school, university, friends, and mainly social media :well:

1 minute ago, #Brunetteney said:

Yeah I think a lot more teens are into more indie type stuff and rap (Billie, Tyler the creator, xxxtentacion)  as well and not so much mainstream pop. Ariana is the only pop girl who is really bringing it to the table tbh. Sometimes when I see the records she’s breaking for streaming or her performances she gives me slight modern primeney vibes and I live for a few moments  :anxiety:

Exactly! I’m so proud of ariana for being “the new Britney” and the princess of pop of 2010 decade, but I also want Britney to never be forgotten:otears:

4 minutes ago, #Brunetteney said:

Do not compare that mediocre girl to Britney

16 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

had Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Rihanna never existed, plus Beyoncé never going solo, Britney would still be number #1 every time, or am I wrong:mj:

had they not existed, there would be other "it-girls".. that's just the circle of pop music and stardom y'all.. how long can one celebrity milk the same image for? unless you constantly reinvent yourself like Madonna did, the shelf life of a pop star isn't that long and they're bound to be forgotten.. :sipney:

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Do not compare that mediocre girl to Britney

Ok nobody offended Britney so why offend Ariana? She is really talented and is breaking records so I do call her the Britney of this generation, what’s the matter? Just so you know, she was never rude to Britney, they actually really respect each other as artists so... :raven: 

stream 7 rings, it’s gonna be released today :hiii:

3 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Ok nobody offended Britney so why offend Ariana? She is really talented and is breaking records so I do call her the Britney of this generation, what’s the matter? Just so you know, she was never rude to Britney, they actually really respect each other as artists so... :raven: 

stream 7 rings, it’s gonna be released today :hiii:

She's doing her thing but she's nothing like Britney

Just now, really really cool guy said:

She always receives the VIP treatment though :juggingu:

They always give her the best seats on award shows, announce her attendance, the crowd always screams louder when she goes on stage, people in general praise her and talk nice things about her. She always gets all the attention from the media and the comments are positive all the time. 

Yes, but if you actually watched the VH1 special from 2004 that I linked, you’ll notice she doesn’t get the same respect... sure, people like her but do you seriously think she still has all of those dermatologists, personal trainers, body guards and all those people to make sure she’s treated the best she can be? Cause if she does, she’s very good at hiding it :4music: 

when was the last time you saw a nightclub being closed because she was there? When was the last time she bought the most expensive Lana Marks, Michael Kors, Hermès in the mall? When was the last time she had people praising her for a tour stage and costumes? :schoolingtime: 

I think in general, she's completely off the radar of the average person. She's no longer in the spotlight, her songs don't get much radio play, and sadly there's no real place for her legacy to be displayed except for online.

In a way, she has the perfect opportunity to reinvent herself as an artist and a performer - if she wants to continue, of course. I don't get why she and her team are so scared to take risks when her level of fame is way past its prime, I don't think there's nothing left to lose by doing something left field and unexpected. She'll be 40 in a couple of years and is still chasing the same kind of performances she was doing 20 years ago. The sooner she and her management realize that the Britney brand isn't what it was, then we may just see some growth.

1 minute ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Yes, but if you actually watched the VH1 special from 2004 that I linked, you’ll notice she doesn’t get the same respect... sure, people like her but do you seriously think she still has all of those dermatologists, personal trainers, body guards and all those people to make sure she’s treated the best she can be? Cause if she does, she’s very good at hiding it :4music: 

when was the last time you saw a nightclub being closed because she was there? When was the last time she bought the most expensive Lana Marks, Michael Kors, Hermès in the mall? When was the last time she had people praising her for a tour stage and costumes? :schoolingtime: 

Her team gives her the best stuff for important events but the rest of the time she chooses what to wear and how her hair and makeup will look. That's because she doesn't like sitting on the chair to get ready for anything and has changed with time. She said that she used to get really anxious if a hair was out of place but now she doesn't care about it. And she still buys expensive cars and stuff but she's more secretive now. About the clubs closing because of her, she doesn't go out anymore and if she did they'd help her get out through the backdoor and stuff.

26 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Me too :hugs: I am seriously scared of her being forgotten by the younger audience if she doesn’t release new music fast tho :crying1:

original

I think it's too late for that, they've let a lot of time pass already.

As I've said on another thread a few days ago, the only hope is that in the next decade, the 2000's will most likely become "trendy" again, and that's when her music can have a second chance, just like this decade has been all about the 90's. So people (the young ones) may start discovering her, her fashion, and even in music, maybe her sound will be sampled, her songs will be covered (in the mainstream) and she'll have her second chance. I don't have many hopes for that though.

Archived