"Hold It Against Me" Did Not Make Britney's Domination Setlist

Cigarettes&Cologne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FatteFemaleStan said:

you guys really chose Overprotected over Hold It Against Me :airpls: I dont want to see a woman whos almost 40 perform a song about being overprotected :demi:

Ajá, because she's totally not overprotected at her age, am I right? I prefer that song, that's kinda personal to another of her begging a men to **** her.

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

I have a theory and I think she hates the song due to the video I think it wasn’t until she finished filming it and seeing it and what it actually meant which it was about her rise and fall and rise again and she didn’t want that. They film videos out of sequence and I can imagine Britney being like oh this is cool - then it all got pieced together and she Didn’t like it. 

Theres a reason why she hasn’t performed it since the tour. Another mysterious Britney conspiracy :heresthetea:

That’s a stupid theory, they presented her the concept and it’s all laid out before filming, they need to in order to properly budget the video and schedule hence why sometimes things are shot out of sequence. Sure she wasn’t in the right state of mind but then again she was acting like that for the whole era. Just because the fans hate the video doesn’t mean it reflects her opinion on it.

Maybe she doesn’t like the song itself, which lyrically is pretty stupid and just a bunch of lines you would say at a bar when hitting on someone. There’s tons of songs she hasn’t perform either. 

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

That’s a stupid theory, they presented her the concept and it’s all laid out before filming, they need to in order to properly budget the video and schedule hence why sometimes things are shot out of sequence. Sure she wasn’t in the right state of mind but then again she was acting like that for the whole era. Just because the fans hate the video doesn’t mean it reflects her opinion on it.

Maybe she doesn’t like the song itself, which lyrically is pretty stupid and just a bunch of lines you would say at a bar when hitting on someone. There’s tons of songs she hasn’t perform either. 

I don’t hate the video and imo it’s one of her best videos because of the story told. 

• Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

I don’t hate the video and imo it’s one of her best videos because of the story told. 

So I don’t understand how you came to that conclusion. I’m not saying Larry is a trustworthy guy but he said that they love the video and love working with Jonas and was hoping to work with him more but I’m sure with all the fans bitching and complaining about the video that it convinced them not to collaborate with him.There could be a lot of reasons but I doubt she doesn’t perform it because of the video. I mean it was a poorly written song from the start but the production and the video is what made it great. 

This has nothing to do with bad memories. She’s performed half the Blackout album and Gimme More many times. Yes FF was a bad era in terms of her happiness but she’s still performing TTWE and IWG. She probably doesn’t care for the song and I’m not sure where it would fit in the show anyways. 

That's unfortunate, but that's not a big deal.  There are other awesome songs on the setlist as well as newly pre-recorded vocals and costumes. So we can't really complain.

That being said, HIAM deserved so much more.  It's such an iconic bop, yet it had a sh*tty video and FFT choreo.  Hopefully one day we'll get it again.

Archived