"Hold It Against Me" Did Not Make Britney's Domination Setlist

Cigarettes&Cologne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a theory and I think she hates the song due to the video I think it wasn’t until she finished filming it and seeing it and what it actually meant which it was about her rise and fall and rise again and she didn’t want that. They film videos out of sequence and I can imagine Britney being like oh this is cool - then it all got pieced together and she Didn’t like it. 

Theres a reason why she hasn’t performed it since the tour. Another mysterious Britney conspiracy :heresthetea:

6 minutes ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

I have a theory and I think she hates the song due to the video I think it wasn’t until she finished filming it and seeing it and what it actually meant which it was about her rise and fall and rise again and she didn’t want that. They film videos out of sequence and I can imagine Britney being like oh this is cool - then it all got pieced together and she Didn’t like it. 

Theres a reason why she hasn’t performed it since the tour. Another mysterious Britney conspiracy :heresthetea:

Britney is aware of the mv's concepts before filming but sometimes directors take it too far and make her feel uncomfortable. She was supposed to be covered in paint (face included) for the breakdown scene but Britney refused and they had to use a body double. But I don't think she doesn't like the mv, maybe it's just the song.

:watrusayin: If she does indeed hate the song and will never ever perform it or talk about it again, honestly I can live with it. I understand if you start to hate your own work; maybe she has bad memories linked with the song or just thinks it's corny and stupid like sometimes or BTMYH (I think she thinks those are too childish for adult woman). I love HIAM but she has 42 singles and many, many well known non-singles so she can choose whatever she likes to perform. 

:useeinthis::lemmetellu:But BOYS was never that iconic as a song, it's now lesser iconic when she performs it like me in my room when I was 12. It has to go.

11 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

Maybe they feel like the hiam performances were another low point in her career like the vmas and they don’t want to awknowledge it like gm on circus tour but they realized gm was at least iconically bad 

This, she was also the most medicated (and presumably depressed) around that time. She'd probably rather forget those times.

Archived