When’s the last time you listened to Britney Jean?

Urbanney

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Like last week.  I actually do like the album.  Obviously not up to Britney standards...and all Myah drama aside, it’s got some serious bops. 

Myah drama aside, I just find the production of the songs to be cheap. The instrumentals lack originality and are low quality.  What do you like about it? If Britneys name wasn't on it, I would have no interest in the album outside of Passenger and Work *****.

46 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Myah drama aside, I just find the production of the songs to be cheap. The instrumentals lack originality and are low quality.  What do you like about it? If Britneys name wasn't on it, I would have no interest in the album outside of Passenger and Work *****.

Oh totally.  It’s definitely not a Britney-level album, if that makes sense.  Easily her worst.  The songs do sound uninspired and almost like they should’ve been offered to a new artist, but still I do find myself able to bop to it.  It’s a mediocre pop album that does have some gems.  WB is a new Britney fan base classic.  Not necessarily my cup of tea, but I like it.  “Perfume” is alright...same level as “Out From Under” imo...potential, but they wasted it.

I love “Don’t Cry”, the whistle in the instrumental is a nice touch and, lyrically, I think it’s decently written.  I also really like “Now That I Found You”...she serves some vocals on the verses and the beat is infectious imo, very lighthearted and it makes me smile.

I appreciate “Brightest Morning Star” (don’t mistake that for LIKING it lol)...it had SO much potential, but they went ahead and had to use f**kin Myah.  I love the lyrics and the instrumental...but it could’ve been a great moment for Britney to really shine and show she is more than just ***.

While I do think it’s a SUPER uninspired song and it never really goes anywhere (TI’s feature seems super out of nowhere and copy and pasted in)...part of me really likes “Tik Tik Boom” and I low-key wanna see her do it on Domination...I think with a solid remix, eliminating TI’s part, and using Britney’s vocals lol...it could be a hot performance.

“Till It’s Gone” is beautifully written, but they totally destroyed it by making it this uneccesary banger.  It should’ve been boarderline ballad/mid tempo.  And obviously all of the songs needed to feature Britney’s vocals at the forefront.  Would’ve been cool to have it build the way “Before the Goodbye” does.

Other than that, the rest of the album is totally disposable imo.  “Body Ache” is f**king awful, “Chillin’ With You” is ummm...yeah and the others that I’m forgetting are just so forgettable that I can’t even remember them. Lmao. But yeah I totally understand what you mean when you say the album sounds cheap.  It totally does and if it hadn’t been Britney’s album, I never would’ve listened to it either.   Especially with WB as the lead single.

Last time i listened to the whole album was probably 2014... Not only for the Myah mess (which i'm still pissed off about it :badthoughts:) but i abandoned it after Britney and her team abandoned it (i still remember when Brit and Mr. ItDidn'tWorked talked about releasing Alien as a single on February 2014, i think it was in the documentary IABJ, but surprise!!! it was scrapped :ohi:) but i still listen to some songs to these days: WB, Perfume, DC, BMS, HOT and that's it, i think... :yaknow:

Archived