If Britney never had the breakdown, where would she be?

AndyFoster

2 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Without the breakdown, Britney and Kevin would still be married. Before 'Blackout', Britney and Kevin would have released a video for Kevins song 'Crazy' ft. Britney. The the video would have been insanely popular which would cause the song to be seen as a success despite radio airplay. Britney would have released 'Blackout' with the lead single being either Piece of Me or 'Break the Ice'.

She would have been still been very successful but I doubt we would have recorded 5 albums within a 10 year time frame. With married life and being a fulltime mother, she wouldn't have released another album and toured less than 2 years before her previous album. Larry Rudolph wouldn't return as her manager either.

Britney was smoking before Kevin. Before "In The Zone" was released she said she liked the effect smoking has on her voice. :cackling:

She was, in fact, smoking before in the Zone came out, but it wasn’t as exaggerated as it was from 2004-2008. :endit: 

she said: “I love to smoke in the studio, but it’s not healthy, so I don’t do it all the time” 

but after Kevin she started doing all the time :gloss: 

also, she said that she LIKED TO SMOKE as part of the creative process and writing of her albums, but when did she said “I love what smoking does to my voice” ??? :evilpatrick: smoking is doing nothing but making your voice crack in an awful way :imdying: thank god she stopped and does it only once in a while :jj: am I correct:whatitellu: 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

smoking is doing nothing but making your voice crack in an awful way :imdying: thank god she stopped and does it only once in a while :jj: am I correct:whatitellu: 

i think she wanted a p!nk kinda voice :whatitellu: raspy tone...

btw how does p!nk even manage to have such a voice after all the smoking and drinking... :-O 

I disagree with comments saying that she would have progressed into a Beyonce-level performer, that's just plain delusional. :frenchy: One of the main differences between Beyonce and Britney is that Britney was oversaturated to the market from 1998-2004 and Beyonce was known as a member of Destiny's Child. Beyonce becoming a solo artist was like starting a career so she didn't have that level of saturation. Beyonce was always going to progressively end up selling more than Britney even if Britney cared about her career. 

On to the topic, I honestly feel like she still would have ended up in Vegas one way or the other and her performance levels would have still declined into what they are today. SHe already began to stop giving a **** about her career by the end of the ITZ era and as others have mentioned, her breakdown is what really gave her career the publicity to be reborn in the Circus era. The circus era was the first time since the Oops era where Britney had a squeaky clean image and the public were on her side, there were no public scandals or controversies.

12 minutes ago, Hannah said:

I disagree with comments saying that she would have progressed into a Beyonce-level performer, that's just plain delusional. :frenchy: One of the main differences between Beyonce and Britney is that Britney was oversaturated to the market from 1998-2004 and Beyonce was known as a member of Destiny's Child. Beyonce becoming a solo artist was like starting a career so she didn't have that level of saturation. Beyonce was always going to progressively end up selling more than Britney even if Britney cared about her career. 

On to the topic, I honestly feel like she still would have ended up in Vegas one way or the other and her performance levels would have still declined into what they are today. SHe already began to stop giving a **** about her career by the end of the ITZ era and as others have mentioned, her breakdown is what really gave her career the publicity to be reborn in the Circus era. The circus era was the first time since the Oops era where Britney had a squeaky clean image and the public were on her side, there were no public scandals or controversies.

Britneys break from 04-07 was the reason why people started to miss her. It wasn't until Blackout where most of the general public was openly here for Britneys music. Before that it was joke to be a fan of hers, and it wasn't until mid/late 06 when Pop music was mainstream again. I believe if she hadn't had that breakdown and came back during that time completely ready and focused to push her music she would have exceeded where Beyonce is now. By 06 people were already over Beyonce. But she had no competition. There were no other performers putting out "acceptable" pop music who also performed and danced at her "entertainment level. Rihanna and Katy Perry didn't reach those heights until late 2010-2011.

This is a complex question. While the breakdown happened in 2006-8 there was already signs of Britney crumbling under the stress when ITZ was being promoted. The Miami special was good, but by the end of the tour Britney wasn't even trying, and having spent 5 years consistently on top people were getting tired of her. I truthfully think Britney needed a break then, and her breakdown ended up putting her in the public's good graces for the first time since like 2001. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

She needed a break for sure. Ppl were annoyed after onyx and kfed. 

Idk I can’t imagibe old Britney now. Who knows tbh 

Onyx was wonderful and Kevin who the cared, about was her life?!It pisses me off so much!. I understand that fans will not like Kevin but the general public that cared about more trying to direct her life and boycott her professional life!

6 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Without the breakdown, Britney and Kevin would still be married. 

Supposedly Britney and Kevin were going to divorce after being born Sean Preston and they definitely divorced after being born Jayden James.This what should have been:Britney recently divorced from her husband,released her album in late December or early 2007.The album is a success at the level of criticism and sales.Get Number 1 on Billboard for consecutive weeks,In March she will start her last tour that she combines with the filming of her second movie"Funny Games" or "Eastern Promises".In 2008 she has several grammy nominations including "album of the year" and Oscar nomination for "supporting actress".In the middle of 2008 she continues with the tour and announces that she retires from the stage forever and start a new life together with her children.Britney goes to live in New York and found a record company.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:06 AM, The Greatest Show said:

I think her career would be over. Either she would have started flopping or she would have retired. The breakdown and all the media attention are the main reason why the Circus and Femme Fatale eras was so successfull (+ they did a good job) . Everyone wanted to see her succeed or **** up so she got a lot of attention. I feel like during the release of her Greatest Hits album and Chaotc the public really started to turn on her. She was cool in 2004 because of Toxic but for some reason just a year later people wrote her off and acted like she was over. The press was very negative and the public laughed about her.

2005 Britney was seen as trailer trash and I think that in combination of her planning Original Doll (none of the songs sounded great) would have been really hard to overcome. Like this was how she was seen by the public. A blonde trailer trash bimbo, The dateline interview didnt help either.

normal_UTB_XRAY_DRUGSTORE_28329.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_SHOP_031.jpgnormal_XRAY_BG_HQ_BALCONY_28529.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_BAREFOOT_003.jpgnormal_BSPEARS_28229.jpgnormal_XRAY_X_HQ_HAIR_281929.jpgnormal_XRAY_SN_HQ_270605a_28829.jpgnormal_SPARITEAID_281429.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_XESARRIVE_281729.jpg

Then again, Britney has been underestimated her entire carreer. People have been saying she will be over soon for 19 years now, so you never know.

The yellow bikini pic. Are those Kevin's shoes?

To answer the question, it's hard to tell. People always underestimate how much Britney was hated back then. Toxic was a surprise hit as Britney was seen as a joke that never sings and was seen as trashy for the OHT antics. In this way the breakdown really helped her as people began feeling sorry for her and gave her a chance. 

Also, how over it Britney was. She really just wanted to be a mom and a wife. Maybe she would have had more kids.

2 minutes ago, CuriousaboutBrit said:

The yellow bikini pic. Are those Kevin's shoes?

To answer the question, it's hard to tell. People always underestimate how much Britney was hated back then. Toxic was a surprise hit as Britney was seen as a joke that never sings and was seen as trashy for the OHT antics. In this way the breakdown really helped her as people began feeling sorry for her and gave her a chance. 

Also, how over it Britney was. She really just wanted to be a mom and a wife. Maybe she would have had more kids.

Yes, it's Kevin shoes.She always wears boy clothes with Justin and I think with David or Jason ,she did too.Honestly find it incredible that they hated her for this.

3 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

Yes, it's Kevin shoes.She always wears boy clothes with Justin and I think with David or Jason ,she did too.Honestly find it incredible that they hated her for this.

So do I! I've always been a huge, unapologetic stan but back then if you said you liked Brit people would be like "why?" The Britney backlash during the ITZ era was huge. We look back on it fondly now as Primeney but during that actual time the GP thought she was trashy and talentless. It got worse when she hooked up with Kevin. It was actually a hard time to be a fan.

9 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Well, i’m probably the only one who doesn’t think Britney ever had a real breakdown.

come on people. We know this was just stress because of the bad media attention she was getting. I’m sure she was really depressed at that time so why would she act like everything was fine?

and, judge me, but she was still pretty and really really hot in 2006 and 2007.

sure, she had the three worst years of her life (2006-2007-2008) but I will never understand why the fact she was stressed out was seen as a breakdown. Everyone has bad days.

also, she was still making excellent music with an extraordinary voice so...

the breakdown is a lie. It’s just the fact people were being mean and shady about her. :(

Are u 9 years old or what? 

What WE SAW britney go through those years WASNT just common STRESS for hods sake

9 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

Onyx was wonderful and Kevin who the cared, about was her life?!It pisses me off so much!. I understand that fans will not like Kevin but the general public that cared about more trying to direct her life and boycott her professional life!

I look at it as ppl wanted to protect Britney from the heartbreak That was going to happen because kfed was a poor choice as a mate. Everyone was right.

Honestly what Britney had with kfed was a fantasy (no pun intended). She thought some random easy guy would be her Prince Charming and stay at her side every second. That isn’t reality for normal men, more like a bad boy. It was just unrealistic 

Well... let’s see... I remember when they released the photoshoot where she was posing half naked (I think it was the Allure one), I couldn’t stand the way she was overshowing herself, it was not necessary. I started getting less interested in her... then all the trashy pics with kfed and pu$$y showing during the Paris Hilton friendship I wasn’t caring any longer about her. 

I guess all the breakdown part gave me the possibility to feel Ford her and support her again... I wanted her to be back on the track and then womanizer arrived, and circus and the vma’s and “stage”. Then again, something happened again And after that, I still hope she’s getting back in track

Are we just removing her breakdown or other aspects as well? Britney was in an overall decline, breakdown or not, the GP would’ve gotten bored of her

I think the real question is what if she never broke her leg on the set of Outrageous. She finished the video and the era is finished off. She has her kids, marries K-Fed, but that’s really it. If you remove the breakdown, you remove Blackout. In my honest opinion, the breakdown fueled that album in its entirety. I don’t know what we would get.

I don’t think she’d be considered Beyoncé because Beyoncé never went through everything Britney went through. Britney is in her own realm of legend status. Beyoncé never had a huge public breakdown and a fiery comeback. If anything Britney is currently more in the current realm of Mariah Carey if we *need* to compare.

Britney would’ve become like Xtina or even Justin in my opinion. Yes they are successful artists that are generally liked within the GP, but their star wasn’t nearly as bright as Britney’s during Circus. It’s a weird question to ask and you have to consider a lot of aspects.

Archived