If Britney never had the breakdown, where would she be?

AndyFoster

I genuinely think she is stil liked by the GP. Over 500m streams this year with no new album says to me people are still interested in her. But, if she never had the breakdown I don't think she'd be as iconic as she is today. She probably would have had maybe 2 albums left in her before the GP got bored of the *** appeal.

How do you think her career would have went without the breakdown?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a tough one. To me, her breakdown has become so intertwined with her image and career, that’s difficult to separate them. 

But, like another member said, I do feel she would’ve gained a spot similar to Beyoncé within the GP

Many pop girls wouldn't have happened or wouldn't have had the massive success they had back in 2006-07 (Gwen, Fergie, Rihanna). And Beyonce wouldn't be where she is right now, Britney would dominate the world and no other popstar would be able to compete with her. And Pussyfied would've been exposed by Britney and wouldn't have a career either. She would be as huge as Madonna in her second prime:bedtime:

I think her career would be over. Either she would have started flopping or she would have retired. The breakdown and all the media attention are the main reason why the Circus and Femme Fatale eras was so successfull (+ they did a good job) . Everyone wanted to see her succeed or **** up so she got a lot of attention. I feel like during the release of her Greatest Hits album and Chaotc the public really started to turn on her. She was cool in 2004 because of Toxic but for some reason just a year later people wrote her off and acted like she was over. The press was very negative and the public laughed about her.

2005 Britney was seen as trailer trash and I think that in combination of her planning Original Doll (none of the songs sounded great) would have been really hard to overcome. Like this was how she was seen by the public. A blonde trailer trash bimbo, The dateline interview didnt help either.

normal_UTB_XRAY_DRUGSTORE_28329.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_SHOP_031.jpgnormal_XRAY_BG_HQ_BALCONY_28529.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_BAREFOOT_003.jpgnormal_BSPEARS_28229.jpgnormal_XRAY_X_HQ_HAIR_281929.jpgnormal_XRAY_SN_HQ_270605a_28829.jpgnormal_SPARITEAID_281429.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_XESARRIVE_281729.jpg

Then again, Britney has been underestimated her entire carreer. People have been saying she will be over soon for 19 years now, so you never know.

I don't know. If she was still performing like her prime she would be well respected, a legend, a forced to be reckoned with, able to tour and pul in huge crowds,  etc.  But if she didn't have the breakdown but started decling in her performances anyways she would be completely irrelevant and forgotten about. 

So many what ifs, but I generally think a breakdown would happen somewhere if she was constantly working. She needed a break badly. And a real break, not the Break she had with papz following her everywhere.

But I go back to the Britney that spoke to People magazine when she was pregnant. I just have a hard time thinking the Britney we have now is the same Britney in 2005-2006. It’s like a completely different brain. First, she didn’t have Larry as a manger at that time. She sounded so smart and confident and knew what she was doing.

Ideally, I think she would release something like blackout and it would do really well. After maybe 4 years off with side projects like fragrances and spending time with her family and kids. So around 2008-2009, would be the “blackout era” and it would be a new sound. It would coincide with 10 year anniversary. She would still be passionate and hungry for her career and would truly be a “perfectionist” she claims to be because of that long break. We’d see more music videos directed by Mona Lisa. And Britney in charge of her career.

after that era, another movie and 2 or 3 more albums. But somewhere in 2018 we’d end up in Vegas for the 20th anniversary. She’s always spoke about Vegas early in her career so I think she’d still end up in Vegas somehow.

I think she would have developed as artist and could be more respected today. That ofc if she sang live. That for me is the main reason why she is discredited today within the GP. A singer who can’t sing will never be taken seriously by the industry. 

But then again, she would probably still need some image cleaning. Chaoticney really f**ked up her image and people started seeing her like white trash :janet:

21 minutes ago, NostalgiaAct said:

I think she would have developed as artist and could be more respected today. That ofc if she sang live. That for me is the main reason why she is discredited today within the GP. A singer who can’t sing will never be taken seriously by the industry. 

But then again, she would probably still need some image cleaning. Chaoticney really f**ked up her image and people started seeing her like white trash :janet:

Britney managed to have 4 years of success with minimal live singing.

If she wanted respect by the Grammys and all the snooty people then Yes, I agree. But all she needs is to slay choreography like no ones business. Britney had star power that commanded the stage despite the lip syncing. So I think she would be fine if she just still had that passionate and drive. She’s always been a performer not so much a singer. So I think the respect would be there despite lip syncing.

• 4 weeks later...

She probably would be even more successfull. Probably no conservatorship. I still think her family and her marriage to Kevin did a lot of damage to her. Instead of trying to help her they took of her kids. That a loving man would do that. Even if there were situations when she could be a harm for her kids or herself. She still could be treated. If her family would think of her health not wealth. She wouldn't be that odd and  her interviews wouldn't be so nervewracking. I mean i watched jonatan ross show and really 30 year plus woman behaving like that it was embarassing. She is grown woman and she still acts like kid. It's not funny anymore. I wish Britney could have more freedom to do or not do anything she wants.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:06 PM, The Greatest Show said:

I think her career would be over. Either she would have started flopping or she would have retired. The breakdown and all the media attention are the main reason why the Circus and Femme Fatale eras was so successfull (+ they did a good job) . Everyone wanted to see her succeed or **** up so she got a lot of attention. I feel like during the release of her Greatest Hits album and Chaotc the public really started to turn on her. She was cool in 2004 because of Toxic but for some reason just a year later people wrote her off and acted like she was over. The press was very negative and the public laughed about her.

2005 Britney was seen as trailer trash and I think that in combination of her planning Original Doll (none of the songs sounded great) would have been really hard to overcome. Like this was how she was seen by the public. A blonde trailer trash bimbo, The dateline interview didnt help either.

normal_UTB_XRAY_DRUGSTORE_28329.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_SHOP_031.jpgnormal_XRAY_BG_HQ_BALCONY_28529.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_BAREFOOT_003.jpgnormal_BSPEARS_28229.jpgnormal_XRAY_X_HQ_HAIR_281929.jpgnormal_XRAY_SN_HQ_270605a_28829.jpgnormal_SPARITEAID_281429.jpgnormal_XRAY_HQ_XESARRIVE_281729.jpg

Then again, Britney has been underestimated her entire carreer. People have been saying she will be over soon for 19 years now, so you never know.

Actually I think Original Doll would in fact be great. We haven’t even listened to all the songs but the ones who leaked sounded good.

5 hours ago, princessmimi said:

My god she looks SO trashy in these pics! K-fat REALLY brought out the trailer trash out of her! Im not a hater, im just saying

The main thing that messed her up was Kevin :crying1: he made her story really sad 2005-onwards. 

You see no k-fed means no smoking, and we know that she still smokes ONCE IN A WHILE (not all the time anymore) but I do think it had a bad effect on her voice.

Well, i’m probably the only one who doesn’t think Britney ever had a real breakdown.

come on people. We know this was just stress because of the bad media attention she was getting. I’m sure she was really depressed at that time so why would she act like everything was fine?

and, judge me, but she was still pretty and really really hot in 2006 and 2007.

sure, she had the three worst years of her life (2006-2007-2008) but I will never understand why the fact she was stressed out was seen as a breakdown. Everyone has bad days.

also, she was still making excellent music with an extraordinary voice so...

the breakdown is a lie. It’s just the fact people were being mean and shady about her. :(

Without the breakdown, Britney and Kevin would still be married. Before 'Blackout', Britney and Kevin would have released a video for Kevins song 'Crazy' ft. Britney. The the video would have been insanely popular which would cause the song to be seen as a success despite radio airplay. Britney would have released 'Blackout' with the lead single being either Piece of Me or 'Break the Ice'.

She still would have been very successful but I doubt she would have recorded 5 albums within a 10 year time frame. With married life and being a fulltime mother, she wouldn't have released another album and toured less than 2 years before her previous album. Larry Rudolph wouldn't return as her manager either.

9 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

The main thing that messed her up was Kevin :crying1: he made her story really sad 2005-onwards. 

You see no k-fed means no smoking, and we know that she still smokes ONCE IN A WHILE (not all the time anymore) but I do think it had a bad effect on her voice.

Britney was smoking before Kevin. Before "In The Zone" was released she said she liked the effect smoking has on her voice. :cackling:

Archived