OMG when Britney snapped at the 2001 AMAs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I also just realized this!!:unreal:omg flopfan. But in my defense the quality of the videos i have downloaded are blurry. And i just focus on her. I didn't even know the guitarist was a woman:ehidk:

Don’t you love when the guitarist and Britney start vibing with each other? I also love the whole apocalypse feel to this. Queen of rock and roll lol 

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Well, I never realized until now that the dancers took their blonde wigs off halfway through!

I was so fixated on Britney, Jennifer Batten, and the audience's reaction at the end that I didn't even notice the wigs. :embarrassed:

That spinning disc thing is so cool lol

This performance is criminally underrated. I always loved it since it aired, because I was OBSESSED with stronger back then. 

Tbh, I will never get over how amazing this performance is......It was such a moment in TIME. You can see how mesmerized the guitarist (Jennifer?) was just by watching her. And while I've watched this countless times, this was my first time noticing them taking their wigs off at the end. :ohmyfgod: The power of Britney's stage presence. :bow:

Also, I had no idea it was a homage to MJ and it all makes sense since 2001 was his Anniversary year. You can even see the "Thriller" homage at 2:01. Omg I'm discovering all this now and it all feels so brand new. :anxiety: Take me back to the early 2000s. :tear:

5 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Tbh, I will never get over how amazing this performance is......It was such a moment in TIME. You can see how mesmerized the guitarist (Jennifer?) was just by watching her. And while I've watched this countless times, this was my first time noticing them taking their wigs off at the end. :ohmyfgod: The power of Britney's stage presence. :bow:

Also, I had no idea it was a homage to MJ and it all makes sense since 2001 was his Anniversary year. You can even see the "Thriller" homage at 2:01. Omg I'm discovering all this now and it all feels so brand new. :anxiety: Take me back to the early 2000s. :tear:

Agreed. I never noticed all of this. Thank god for this post, it added a new dimension to one of my favorite performances ever. 

I've always loved the aesthetics of this performance. Its just a shame that this badass choreography and energy was wasted on such a boring song like "Stronger". I like the lyrics and message but the instrumental and the vocal editing sounds cheap. Faux pop/rock? That has never sounded good, to me.  I don't really care for the Stronger performances because the song isn't good.

42 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

I've always loved the aesthetics of this performance. Its just a shame that this badass choreography and energy was wasted on such a boring song like "Stronger". I like the lyrics and message but the instrumental and the vocal editing sounds cheap. Faux pop/rock? That has never sounded good, to me.  I don't really care for the Stronger performances because the song isn't good.

:umomg: did you just come for the iconic Stronger? 

I do know what you mean though, because the sound is very distinctly 2000. This performance has been the only time I’ve ever liked a Stronger performance. The ones on her tours were always underwhelming.

Archived