why did she release music so soon after her breakdown?

SkinnyAsANeedle

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, Khoazie said:

It was a weird time to be a Britney fan for sure. Especially for those who have been Stans since the beginning. There was a collective sigh of relief to see Britney back from the ashes, seemingly restored to her former glory. For those who lived through those dark years with her, the sight of Britney back in Britney world and doing her craft was not to be taken for granted. We were too eager for her return.

As messy and rushed as Circus was, there was an underlying sense of deep sadness to the album. Many complained about FTR not being revealing enough, but for me it spoke volumes as to her mental state at that time. She seemed incredibly sad, and uneasy with her circumstances. It was about reading between the lines for me, and not about what she said or didn’t say. She was trying to heal herself. Cope. 

Lol I’m kind of high too! I love getting a nice high and then getting all with the Britney narrative. 

Again too high to say anything more but you nailed it. :awyeah:

( I swear I’m not a pot junkie, it’s just a coincidence I happen to be high and viewing exhale....alright) 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit off topic, but I think the true question is why did they handle her comeback the way that they did? Yeah, Womanizer is about a cheater (K-Fed) and Circus is definitely a metaphor for her life during that time, but if there was an era that would’ve been appropriate to step away from the pop scene and go more personal (no one is talking to you Britney Jean), this was definitely the one.

They put her in the studio to keep busy. It’s the same way ITZ was born. Circus reminds me of ITZ in the sense that it’s a lot of random songs strung together, yet Britney’s heart wasn’t fully there. Larry was a marketing genius for Britney’s early years. It’s easy to sell a teen idol. It’s also hella easy to sell a comeback story, and he definitely did that really good. However, he’s not very good at selling Britney: The Person. 

I’m not exactly sure what I would have wanted to hear, but imagine an album of more personal songs like Everytime. Imagine more “screw the media” anthems like Kill the Lights and Piece of Me. Take the line from Unusal You “boxer in the ring trying to defend myself” but rather than applying that to failed relationships, apply it to an emotional Britney singing about her past rough year. I’m not asking for a song about her losing her children or shaving her head, I just wish we got more personal with her. 

I think if she went that route, the GP would have been more sympathetic. Save the questions about why she shaved her head for the interviews, just make the music more meaningful.

then again, I know Britney isn’t very open. Her privacy means everything to her and that’s extremely respectful. I know she truly no longer cares about what the media or people have to say, but the events from 2005-2008 are still very apparent. I just wonder what would have happened if they handled her comeback differently.

23 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

A bit off topic, but I think the true question is why did they handle her comeback the way that they did? Yeah, Womanizer is about a cheater (K-Fed) and Circus is definitely a metaphor for her life during that time, but if there was an era that would’ve been appropriate to step away from the pop scene and go more personal (no one is talking to you Britney Jean), this was definitely the one.

They put her in the studio to keep busy. It’s the same way ITZ was born. Circus reminds me of ITZ in the sense that it’s a lot of random songs strung together, yet Britney’s heart wasn’t fully there. Larry was a marketing genius for Britney’s early years. It’s easy to sell a teen idol. It’s also hella easy to sell a comeback story, and he definitely did that really good. However, he’s not very good at selling Britney: The Person. 

I’m not exactly sure what I would have wanted to hear, but imagine an album of more personal songs like Everytime. Imagine more “screw the media” anthems like Kill the Lights and Piece of Me. Take the line from Unusal You “boxer in the ring trying to defend myself” but rather than applying that to failed relationships, apply it to an emotional Britney singing about her past rough year. I’m not asking for a song about her losing her children or shaving her head, I just wish we got more personal with her. 

I think if she went that route, the GP would have been more sympathetic. Save the questions about why she shaved her head for the interviews, just make the music more meaningful.

then again, I know Britney isn’t very open. Her privacy means everything to her and that’s extremely respectful. I know she truly no longer cares about what the media or people have to say, but the events from 2005-2008 are still very apparent. I just wonder what would have happened if they handled her comeback differently.

Britney herself has said it many times. Even her Instagram posts are telling. She wants to not focus on negative things or her hardships. I personally think by doing that all these years she just doesn’t want to face the negatives of life. Which is why she never healed and seems to be getting worse again. 

So the last thing it seems she would do is write songs about hardships in her life, even if ppl can relate. 

You can see the major difference between Britney and Amanda Bynes. Even if Britney’s problems weren’t anything like Amanda. From her interview I can tell she got help. She addresses why she acted the way she did and told us how she was bettering herself. She is currently still in a cship, acting still and going to school. 

2 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I agree, the Circus Era would’ve been a good time to get more personal with the music. But from what I could tell, Britney was nowhere near ready to open up about anything at that point. The trauma of those dark years were still very new. 

The Circus Era was really about getting some sort of normalcy and routine back into Britney’s life, so that she could keep her focus getting better. Part of it was also rehabilitating her public image too, and getting personal might have helped that. But really I think just getting her to work again was a triumph in itself. Think back to that period, we saw her slowly but surely doing normal things again, like going to the gym. And then an appearance on HIMYM. A few promotional appearances overseas .

Britney was clearly depressed as ****, and still reeling from the emotional wounds from her rough few years. It was a miracle that she was able to get out of bed to go record music. Sometimes, you have to just go through the process first and let some time pass in order to heal, before being able to grapple with the underlying issues.

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 1:32 PM, studlygeorge said:

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:30 AM, Mike Hunt said:

Didn't she need time to recover? And if they hadn't released so soon, would her career have flopped? :ineedthetruth:

if you're talking about Blackout, probably because

1. it had already been 4 years since her last record In The Zone and her record label already gave her like 3 years off to have her boys so they probably pushed her to release another album [basically to make money]

2. as sad as it is, it was probably to capalise on all the drama that went on that year. Obviously fans were always gunna buy it but I bet many people bought it to see if it was gunna be rubbish and another trainwreck. Even in the TV advert, the announcer says 'the outstanding new album from the most talked about artist of our time

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, BritneyRebellion said:

I think Britney really wanted Blackout, she recorded a ton of songs for it and the vocals were her best ever. I think the promo was non-existant cause she was busy with all the drama and she didn't think it needed promo. Blackout was just incredible so I didn't care about promo myself.

I think that’s why she picks a lot of blackout tracks on her set list. She really needed it in her life at the time well according to what Keri Hilton said. Despite the persona she gave out, she never missed a session and worked long hours and even when she was pregnant. It was like her safe haven from all her troubles and to literally blackout everything. People say it’s not a personal record but I believe so, you don’t have be Adele and have deep sad lyrics. 

2 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

Britney had squandered her fortune. She was in real trouble. She needed to take advantage of the media storm so that she could replenish her accounts before the public lost interest and she was screwed forever. Basically. 

I don't think she squandered her ENTIRE fortune.  But she had serious bills to pay with lawyers suits etc...

There's a report that she spent $10 million from the start of her conservatorship till May 2009.

Britney Spears has spent over $10 million since February 1, 2008, court papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday reveal. In the papers, acquired by Access Hollywood, lawyers for the pop princess’ conservatorship detail her expenses, which include $625,000 for Kevin Federline’s family court-ordered fees, millions in legal expenses, $447,633.69 on security, $138,369.67 in credit card payments, $105,000 to rent a Malibu residence, $178,818 for childcare, $188,556 on assistants and employees, $285,594 on mortgage payments, $137,554.80 in living expenses, and $1.06 million in “miscellaneous business expenses.”

https://www.accessonline.com/articles/britney-spears-expenses-over-10-million-since-beginning-of-conservatorship-71247

The report claimed that her Tour was helping to fund her bills.  Her fragrance royalties alone could not offset those kinds of bills; but I imagine she should be able to live off that by now.

But then again, in 2013, her conservator said that 'in the near future', she was already close to not having to work again if she chose not to.  By then the liabilities of her estate was' mostly mortgage debt on her residence'.

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Britney-Spears-Estate-Holder-Demands-426K-docs-signed.pdf

So, she was out of the clear by 2013.  I have to imagine that her first residency should have been enough to make her wealthy for the rest of her life if by 2013, 'in the near future' it was achievable that she could live comfortably and not have to work again in part due to her 'passive income' (fragrance royalties?)

LET'S BE HONEST, luckily for her, she kept her looks mostly intact from 2008-2013, before her first residency.  Even though she did age, her looks were pretty much in tact during that time when her styling was done right. 

While she still looks great in person she isn't as photogenic as she was unless she styles herself a bit better.

For one, I think they had to save her career and they needed to do it quick while people still had her breakdown on the mind so they could really root for her.

Secondly, and most importantly, I think that they did it so quickly because of the situation she was in with Kevin and the kids.  I believe they wanted to get her back into her career, making music and touring to show a judge that she was capable of balancing her work and personal life.

31 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

i'm talking about Circus - Blackout was perfect

tumblr_inline_n07a99kUkC1rvw1pe.gif

aw right well yeh that was a bit strange. but was probably because Blackout did so well and was critically exclaimed that they wanted to cash in on the success. Also Britney didn't want to tour Blackout in 2008 so recording a new album was probably a deal for Britney to not tour

Archived