why did she release music so soon after her breakdown?

SkinnyAsANeedle

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her label needed to take advantage of the whole drama around her at the time, plus, she needed to clean her image in the public eye as soon as possible, which in my opinion her image after 2007 never was the same. Her trashy image before the divorce was bad but still reversible enought to go back the pop star image from her old days. :yeaok:

6 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Her label needed to take advantage of the whole drama around her at the time, plus, she needed to clean her image in the public eye as soon as possible, which in my opinion her image after 2007 never was the same. Her trashy image before the divorce was bad but still reversible enought to go back the pop star image from her old days. :yeaok:

what do you mean? never the same in a good, or bad way? :ineedthetruth:

This is a complicated question. And one that we the public most likely don’t have the answer to. But, the first thing that comes to mind are her boys. If I had to take a guess, Britney was in such a tough situation and in order to see her children again she needed to show the court that she was able to be up and functioning again. I’m not knowledgeable with law so I could be wrong. If I recall correctly, by the time of the 5150 hospitalization, the court had taken away her visitation rights. Ugh, my heart. ? 

But yeah, getting Britney back into the studios and back to being the Britney Spears that the public loved meant more sympathy from the courts. Which would mean getting her back together with her sons.

29 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Britney has always been hated, in the 2007 era it was much worse It is impossible for her image to be clean.How I wish that she had stayed at home.If you record company did not want or did not like your material that she would look for another way to do the Rebellion,She lost a lot.

13 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

what do you mean? never the same in a good, or bad way? :ineedthetruth:

partying 7 days a week until 5 in the morning with Paris Hilton, showing her intimate parts with dresses that barely covered her body, spotted drunk in public and even at official events (the Pure nightclub NYE) getting in and coming out of rehab 3 times, shaving her head in public, getting mad at a paparazzi and attacking him with an umbrella, firing her team well, just because.... , getting mad at your own family (her mom) running around naked (LoL that was funny tho) with no reason, boycotting her own image at magazine photoshoots, a disastrous performance at the vma's which was way lower than her previous acts in that same stage, dating paparazzi photographers, having been **** tested twice (both were negative thnks god), losing the custody of her boys, allegedly not being in a good mental state, crying on the street with nothing but her bag and her dog at anytime, court appointments that didn't seem to benefit her in any way, 1 hospitalization againt her will, a second hospitalization with ambulances and police cops around her house as if they were carrying a criminal, god!!! in less than a month!!!!

how could all that be in a good way:eheeek:

Before her divorce her image was bad, yes but still reversible, she could easily have gone back to be the old britney we knew. After the divorce was announced we all were relieved, we hoped she finally threw that shitty man away and went back to her **** cool image.

This was the same day she announced she divorced from that shitt Kfuck, it became global news and the GP received her so well, like saying "yaaaas brinti you finally woke up from that nightmare"

A week later she suddenly showed up at the AMA's presenting an award, as I said, her divorce became VIRAL, and this is how they received her without her saying a single word about it, it was her 1st open appearance after that mess of marriage, OMG! The audience really sent her an emotional hug :crying3:

at this point her confidence and IDK, self esteem? were still there, but no one could have imagined what was about to come :tiffsniffle:

11 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

partying 7 days a week until 5 in the morning with Paris Hilton, showing her intimate parts with dresses that barely covered her body, spotted drunk in public and even at official events (the Pure nightclub NYE) getting in and coming out of rehab 3 times, shaving her head in public, getting mad at a paparazzi and attacking him with an umbrella, firing her team well, just because.... , getting mad at your own family (her mom) running around naked (LoL that was funny tho) with no reason, boycotting her own image at magazine photoshoots, a disastrous performance at the vma's which was way lower than her previous acts in that same stage, dating paparazzi photographers, having been **** tested twice (both were negative thnks god), losing the custody of her boys, allegedly not being in a good mental state, crying on the street with nothing but her bag and her dog at anytime, court appointments that didn't seem to benefit her in any way, 1 hospitalization againt her will, a second hospitalization with ambulances and police cops around her house as if they were carrying a criminal, god!!! in less than a month!!!!

Before her divorce her image was bad, yes but still reversible, she could easily have gone back to be the old britney we knew. After the divorce was announced we all were relieved, we hoped she finally threw that shitty man away and went back to her **** cool image.

This was the same day she announced she divorced from that shitt Kfuck, it became global news and the GP received her so well, like saying "yaaaas brinti you finally woke up from that nightmare"

A week later she suddenly showed up at the AMA's presenting an award, as I said, her divorce became VIRAL, and this is how they received her without her saying a single word about it, it was her 1st open appearance after that mess of marriage, OMG! The audience really sent her an emotional hug :crying3:

at this point her confidence and IDK, self esteem? were still there, but no one could have imagined what was about to come :tiffsniffle:

Man Britney’s life truly is singularly epic in every way. Mind boggling. Wow. :umomg::wontcry:

• Super Mods

Do you mean circus or blackout? Cuz with Blackout she owed Jive an album and with Circus, there wasn’t any plans of her getting back to work so soon, even Jamie said that they just put her in the studio to just keep her busy but Larry was the one that pushed to make an album and orchestrated the whole Circus era, he saw an opportunity because she was still hot in the media, he didn’t want the hype to die down because everyone loves to see a comeback story so he knew he can quickly get the GP’s sympathy and have them “forget” or brush over the negative image of her 2007 days and look at her as a victim. Why you think he called it a comeback in FTR? And why they are okay with her crying about the conservatorship because he knew it would help gain the GP on her side. It’s a marketing genius but at what expense? Look where we are now. She should’ve taken a break and comeback with full force force and energized not feel like she has to work to pay the bills.

1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

Do you mean circus or blackout? Cuz with Blackout she owed Jive an album and with Circus, there wasn’t any plans of her getting back to work so soon, even Jamie said that they just put her in the studio to just keep her busy but Larry was the one that pushed to make an album and orchestrated the whole Circus era, he saw an opportunity because she was still hot in the media, he didn’t want the hype to die down because everyone loves to see a comeback story so he knew he can quickly get the GP’s sympathy and have them “forget” or brush over the negative image of her 2007 days and look at her as a victim. Why you think he called it a comeback in FTR? And why they are okay with her crying about the conservatorship because he knew it would help gain the GP on her side. It’s a marketing genius but at what expense? Look where we are now. She should’ve taken a break and comeback with full force force and energized not feel like she has to work to pay the bills.

I admit, during the dark years I was checking Breatheheavy, Us Weekly, and whatever media coverage I could find on a daily basis not for entertainment but because I needed to see that Britney was okay. I was in my early 20s at the time, and it was tough seeing Britney my childhood idol unravel at such an alarming rate. Seeing those images of Britney on a gurney broke my heart I remember crying when the Us Weekly issue with the picture of it arrived in my mail?

I admit, as a fan and perhaps selfishly was all too eager to see Britney back in good form from her trip to hell. I’ll never forget when they released those first images of Britney on the beach at Mel Gibson ‘s home I felt such a sense of relief. And then photos of Britney going to Bally’s gym. Those images of Britney in a white bikini on the beach looking terrific made me so happy! As a fan, it felt amazing to see that Britney was healing and heading in the right direction! I was too eager for the Circus era once it came around.

I eagerly tuned into 20/20 for the Womanizer video. I brought Circus the day it came out. I was there for my girl (in my mind). I went to the Circus tour twice. I ate all of it up. But even so, I could tell deep down something still wasn’t right. She definitely needed much more time to heal. 

She came back very strong but she wasn’t as strong as she came across.  Coming back from a party lifestyle isn’t easy.  It’s not just the ***** or alcohol.  It’s a very emotional and mental disconnect that you feel.  I think it’s the lost of trust from all of those people that you felt comfortable with is now completely gone and now you don’t know who to trust.  I can relate 

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

OMG Her confidence! I want to cry hard !She would have been calm and focused on her babies on her family and work even if her record company did not like it ...nothing of this would have happened.Well,during this time she suffered a serious harassment and we will never know the truth about what happened in her work during 2005/06 early 07.That the time has passed and that she was partially wrong does not mean that other people have done well, on the contrary,It was harassment at all levels.I'm in her shoes and I'm dying.

Its like people on this forum forget THE MESS and how HORRIBLE Britney's breakdown was. It's crazy how people trivialize it. She was truly at rock bottom.

In a nutshell, if they didn't get Britney Spears back on track (pun intended) she might not be around today.

Britney needed it.

Her family needed it.

Her record company needed it.

Its was both about the money and saving Britney, the person.

6 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Its like people on this forum forget THE MESS and how HORRIBLE Britney's breakdown was. It's crazy how people trivialize it. She was truly at rock bottom.

In a nutshell, if they didn't get Britney Spears back on track (pun intended) she might not be around today.

Britney needed it.

Her family needed it.

Her record company needed it.

Its was both about the money and saving Britney, the person.

Absolutely. Britney was down and out and going through all of it. :crying1:

You’ve hit the nail on the head. Britney was a broken shell of a person, on her last lifeline. Her spirits crushed. People like to place blame, point fingers as to why things got so ****** Up, which is besides the point. It was about doing whatever was necessary to bring her back from despair. Maybe getting her to work again was the best thing to keep her mind in the right place, so that she could work towards getting her sons back again. 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Khoazie said:

I admit, during the dark years I was checking Breatheheavy, Us Weekly, and whatever media coverage I could find on a daily basis not for entertainment but because I needed to see that Britney was okay. I was in my early 20s at the time, and it was tough seeing Britney my childhood idol unravel at such an alarming rate. Seeing those images of Britney on a gurney broke my heart I remember crying when the Us Weekly issue with the picture of it arrived in my mail?

I admit, as a fan and perhaps selfishly was all too eager to see Britney back in good form from her trip to hell. I’ll never forget when they released those first images of Britney on the beach at Mel Gibson ‘s home I felt such a sense of relief. And then photos of Britney going to Bally’s gym. Those images of Britney in a white bikini on the beach looking terrific made me so happy! As a fan, it felt amazing to see that Britney was healing and heading in the right direction! I was too eager for the Circus era once it came around.

I eagerly tuned into 20/20 for the Womanizer video. I brought Circus the day it came out. I was there for my girl (in my mind). I went to the Circus tour twice. I ate all of it up. But even so, I could tell deep down something still wasn’t right. She definitely needed much more time to heal. 

No, me too, it was the reason I signed up to breatheheavy because I wanted to keep up with her and see how she is doing. 

Yeah I think it was right and I feel she’s the only artist that can rightfully claim a circus theme album because it proves what a genius Britney is. Circus not only describes her dark days and feeling like a freak but I feel like she knew coming in what is gonna happen with her and that she was literally gonna be a dancing monkey and like a lot of circus freaks, that’s their only way to make a living being forced into this lifestyle, couped up or caged up. And we can see it’s still going on, it’s rather ironic that she sings about being the ringmaster but really she’s just a dancing monkey to them. 

I went to the tour and was hella hyped about the circus era but I remember being bumped and disappointed like a lot of exhalers on here were. She wasn’t really fully there, which makes the era kinda meh to me, like what’s the use of all this spectacle if we are just gonna have a Barbie doll version of our idol and then it just got worst so it makes me made that team Britney decides to put her health aside to make fast cash. Jamie should’ve went with his gut and slowed things down, then probably Britney would’ve developed her original concept and not the poppy version. I thought Circus felt rushed and incomplete.

Guys I’m high. Sorry for the long response!

29 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

No, me too, it was the reason I signed up to breatheheavy because I wanted to keep up with her and see how she is doing. 

Yeah I think it was right and I feel she’s the only artist that can rightfully claim a circus theme album because it proves what a genius Britney is. Circus not only describes her dark days and feeling like a freak but I feel like she knew coming in what is gonna happen with her and that she was literally gonna be a dancing monkey and like a lot of circus freaks, that’s their only way to make a living being forced into this lifestyle, couped up or caged up. And we can see it’s still going on, it’s rather ironic that she sings about being the ringmaster but really she’s just a dancing monkey to them. 

I went to the tour and was hella hyped about the circus era but I remember being bumped and disappointed like a lot of exhalers on here were. She wasn’t really fully there, which makes the era kinda meh to me, like what’s the use of all this spectacle if we are just gonna have a Barbie doll version of our idol and then it just got worst so it makes me made that team Britney decides to put her health aside to make fast cash. Jamie should’ve went with his gut and slowed things down, then probably Britney would’ve developed her original concept and not the poppy version. I thought Circus felt rushed and incomplete.

It was a weird time to be a Britney fan for sure. Especially for those who have been Stans since the beginning. There was a collective sigh of relief to see Britney back from the ashes, seemingly restored to her former glory. For those who lived through those dark years with her, the sight of Britney back in Britney world and doing her craft was not to be taken for granted. We were too eager for her return.

As messy and rushed as Circus was, there was an underlying sense of deep sadness to the album. Many complained about FTR not being revealing enough, but for me it spoke volumes as to her mental state at that time. She seemed incredibly sad, and uneasy with her circumstances. It was about reading between the lines for me, and not about what she said or didn’t say. She was trying to heal herself. Cope. 

Lol I’m kind of high too! I love getting a nice high and then getting all with the Britney narrative. 

Archived