Exhale Reacts: Britney's Big Announcement Is Her New Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rck92 said:

Hey Larry,

Terrible? I may not really like Taylor Swift but damn, that girl can give away a show. Same goes for Rihanna. Both are great entertainers and you will deal. :gerlwat:

Taylors gives spectacular visuals in her shows but you can't denny she lacks stage presence and charisma. 

Rihanna has stage presence but doesn't really dance or sing. The same happens with Katy.

5 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I've seen their performances on tv and never am impressed.

Ok. I can reccomend going to see at least some other artist instead of Britney sometime. 

1 minute ago, really really cool guy said:

Taylors gives spectacular visuals in her shows but you can't denny she lacks stage presence and charisma. 

Maybe, but she’s not all that bad. 

18 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Rihanna has stage presence but doesn't really dance or sing. The same happens with Katy.

I didn’t see your Rihanna comment.

But I can respect her for being herself on stage and singing live. She may not sound all that great all the time but hey, at least she does her very best. I like Katy Perry’s songs sometimes but she does nothing for me when she’s performing. Kinda boring. 

42 minutes ago, Fbritney said:

I think the biggest issue with this residency isn’t the idea of the residency itself, but the fact that her and her team are so unreliable in making it good, new and consistent. We’ve been disappointed so many times throughout the last residency, desperately clinging on to hope for any slight changes and improvements. It just kept GOING and GOING and GOING, and deteriorating at the same time. We were all happy when it finally finished because it was done to death. Every performance she ever did in that period outside of Vegas was using the same choreography and props - it became her crutch. It made her and her team lazy. My fear is that the same will happen for this residency. I have PTSD from the last one and just don’t believe that some shitty aspect of POM won’t be recycled... because it’s EASY. How long will it go for? It’s indefinite. Despite what they sign on for, if they’re making money, who knows when it will end. That scares me... If this was guaranteed to be fresh, good, consistent content of a defined period and it benefited her mental state in Vegas, I’d be like hell yeah! I just don’t trust that will happen anymore based on history. :tiffanycries:

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. IS. EXACTLY. HOW. I. FEEL!

Her performances are so stale. She does nothing new. Nothing exciting. Another residency is just rehashing the same thing she has been doing. Even if it is a new show with a new setlist, it will still be the same old Britney. I doubt a new residency will inspire any single sort of change. A residency is a guaranteed cash grab for the Britney brand and those who are employed by it. 

7 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Of course she will have demand if she hasn’t performed in Europe since 2011 and never toured in Asia at all (except for Japan when she toured with DWAD back in 2002) but if you see the POM boxscores in Vegas you will see that some legs had a lot of unsold tickets with a range of 600-1000ish tickets unsold per show in a 4500 seats capacity theater. Those unsold tickets give a 85 or less percent of attendance per show.

But besides that, she still did a lot of money. I mean, I'm not justifying or saying that she should stay there forever and never change the show or the way they've been handling her career lately, independently of what I wish, I just totally understand why they keep doing this. For some people it feels nuts, like, what the heck are they doing with her career and legacy? :wow: But for me it's just very understandable. Maybe she WOULD make even more money if she toured and did the traditional promotion schedule, but the price she has to pay in her personal life, or whatever is her issue, I think that's what's really behind the decision to stay in one place. Not many artists have that choice. Imagine if something like Iggy Azalea or Cardi B decided to start a residency and stay in Las Vegas for 2 years, THAT would be the end of THEIR careers, but for Britney, for whatever reason, nostalgia, etc, it works :yaknow: For how long? We'll see in 4 years :gimmemoar:

14 hours ago, Explicit said:

She's put a match to her dying career. She doesn't care but what makes the whole idea of Britney's career so funny is that she expects others to care and fork out their hard earned money to watch her flick her hair back and forth and lip her way through an entire show. It's pathetic. 

Everyone in this world works for their money and her performing 3 times a week for a couple of hours shouldn't be as horrible as everyone is making it out to be. It ain't that deep 

Sis your avi !

I live :demi:

Archived