Exhale Reacts: Britney's Big Announcement Is Her New Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

9 minutes ago, samwoods321 said:

OK, let's talk about what songs wed like to see and themes and stuff. I'd love to see my prerogative ( high chance because perfume), overprotected, private show ( in the style of slave POM), HIAM. Be cool if she left the pony tail in 2018, love floor choreo & more stage gadgdets and some cool back drop vids

YES, YES, YES, YES and YES.

I also reeeally want her to do Born To Make You Happy and even include a couple of BOMT album tracks like I Will Be There and Thinkin Bout You, even if they're put in the interludes.

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know needs to come back and I want some deep cuts like Don't Go Knockin On My Door and Lonely

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly i would rather wish her not doing all this vegas but have time for herself. i am wondering who r this diehard fans buying expensive tickets to see her in underwear miming to the songs from the album. i mean c'mon they can't even do a fresh prerecorded tracks they r so cheap. why r u ppl keep paying for this. u r paying to the ppl who r using Britney and her fame all her legacy and esp her health untill she can't do it anymore. that is that i really do not understand about America she is not healthy enough to have her kids back and finance but she is healthy enough to dance almost every day in front of a lot of ppl and also going overseas and ets. that is just fg circus

15 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

YES, YES, YES, YES and YES.

I also reeeally want her to do Born To Make You Happy and even include a couple of BOMT album tracks like I Will Be There and Thinkin Bout You, even if they're put in the interludes.

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know needs to come back and I want some deep cuts like Don't Go Knockin On My Door and Lonely

Agreed. A medley of album tracks would be cool. Or maybe a whole section for BOMT Album

16 hours ago, G L O R Y said:

Slay me with another God-only-knows-how-long *** residency

and not to mention a rushed album aka Bonehilda Jojoba mess 2.0

Xtina_Voice_Chair_Flip_Liberation_Tour_D

This is what worries me about a new Vegas show. I'm aware that we can't expect a groundbreaking performance from her anymore, but I couldn't deal with another BJ. THAT would be really sad for me personally. 

I see alot of people saying we should be thankful and be happy to do ‘what she wants’ to. First of all, you don’t know what she wants. Second, I’m all up for a new residency, but girl put some f**king effort into it then. Don’t go half *** shows cause noone wants to see that. I get she doesn’t want to be on top anymore but if this is really what she wants to do, then she needs to put the work and effort into it. 

1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

As long as the music is good the show isn’t a cheap mess, as long as it’s 2016 Revamp quality, it’ll be good. I have hope that it’s not gonna be horrible. 

I mean 2016 revamp was her peak after 2007, I wouldn't expect this to happen again tbh

Xtina_Voice_Chair_Flip_Liberation_Tour_D

5 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

It doesn’t matter if she’s 36 or she’s 64 if she’s relying in her old hits and her prime era to sell that makes her a nostalgia act. People that are not stans or “casual” fans will go the show because they want to see her perform BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic, etc., not because of her new music. You need to accept that a lot of people go to the show just because they were in Vegas and found out last minute that she was performing that night.

It’s a fact that in the music scene, Britney is not relevant anymore. She’s not setting trends like she did with ITZ, BO and even FF. She does have a huge legacy (which she’s tarnishing with her career decisions) but that doesn’t outshines the fact that she faded to the background when it comes to music. She may have great songs like she did on Glory but they are not memorable (and I won’t even get BJ into this). Not on the charts, not on the radio and not in the GP’s minds. People are not checking Britney for her new music but for the old hits. Just check the songs’ streams on Spotify and you’ll see what I’m trying to tell you.

Yay  someone talking sense :clap:

5 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

It doesn’t matter if she’s 36 or she’s 64 if she’s relying in her old hits and her prime era to sell that makes her a nostalgia act. People that are not stans or “casual” fans will go the show because they want to see her perform BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic, etc., not because of her new music. You need to accept that a lot of people go to the show just because they were in Vegas and found out last minute that she was performing that night.

It’s a fact that in the music scene, Britney is not relevant anymore. She’s not setting trends like she did with ITZ, BO and even FF. She does have a huge legacy (which she’s tarnishing with her career decisions) but that doesn’t outshines the fact that she faded to the background when it comes to music. She may have great songs like she did on Glory but they are not memorable (and I won’t even get BJ into this). Not on the charts, not on the radio and not in the GP’s minds. People are not checking Britney for her new music but for the old hits. Just check the songs’ streams on Spotify and you’ll see what I’m trying to tell you.

Make Me went #1 on iTunes and kept seeing increases weeks after with its biggest increase on VMA night

24 minutes ago, rck92 said:

I see alot of people saying we should be thankful and be happy to do ‘what she wants’ to. First of all, you don’t know what she wants. Second, I’m all up for a new residency, but girl put some f**king effort into it then. Don’t go half *** shows cause noone wants to see that. I get she doesn’t want to be on top anymore but if this is really what she wants to do, then she needs to put the work and effort into it. 

Agree!!!! 

1 hour ago, zenden78 said:

honestly i would rather wish her not doing all this vegas but have time for herself. i am wondering who r this diehard fans buying expensive tickets to see her in underwear miming to the songs from the album. i mean c'mon they can't even do a fresh prerecorded tracks they r so cheap. why r u ppl keep paying for this. u r paying to the ppl who r using Britney and her fame all her legacy and esp her health untill she can't do it anymore. that is that i really do not understand about America she is not healthy enough to have her kids back and finance but she is healthy enough to dance almost every day in front of a lot of ppl and also going overseas and ets. that is just fg circus

Her team works for her and Britney loves Vegas and the people love the show.

People pay to see Taylor Swift and Rihanna and they are terrible performers

I think the biggest issue with this residency isn’t the idea of the residency itself, but the fact that her and her team are so unreliable in making it good, new and consistent. We’ve been disappointed so many times throughout the last residency, desperately clinging on to hope for any slight changes and improvements. It just kept GOING and GOING and GOING, and deteriorating at the same time. We were all happy when it finally finished because it was done to death. Every performance she ever did in that period outside of Vegas was using the same choreography and props - it became her crutch. It made her and her team lazy. My fear is that the same will happen for this residency. I have PTSD from the last one and just don’t believe that some shitty aspect of POM won’t be recycled... because it’s EASY. How long will it go for? It’s indefinite. Despite what they sign on for, if they’re making money, who knows when it will end. That scares me... If this was guaranteed to be fresh, good, consistent content of a defined period and it benefited her mental state in Vegas, I’d be like hell yeah! I just don’t trust that will happen anymore based on history. :tiffanycries:

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Her team works for her and Britney loves Vegas and the people love the show.

People pay to see Taylor Swift and Rihanna and they are terrible performers

Hey Larry,

Terrible? I may not really like Taylor Swift but damn, that girl can give away a show. Same goes for Rihanna. Both are great entertainers and you will deal. :gerlwat:

Archived