Exhale Reacts: Britney's Big Announcement Is Her New Las Vegas Residency

Jordan Miller

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, claug326 said:

Netflix doesn't release ratings, nor do they count as "streams" or album sales.

At least they knew how many people tuned in to watch Lemonade on HBO. A Netflix release is literally just putting it out there and hoping for the best. 

The Lemonade film on HBO didn’t count as streams or albums sales neither.

19 minutes ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Make Me, like all the other songs performed at the VMAs, saw an increase for a day and tanked hard. The VMAs were useful to Make Me to reach the peak position again and free fall next week. That’s all it did.

You’re like that stan Miguel on Twitter. Just repeating and repeating yourself and replying with things that are minimal or that have nothing to do with what it’s been talked.

Well you folks keep saying Britney irrelevant and I'm showing evidence that suggest otherwise. 

23 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Well you folks keep saying Britney irrelevant and I'm showing evidence that suggest otherwise. 

WHICH EVIDENCE? The fact that Make Me was #1 on iTunes for two minutes after free falling because of the VMAs? If it was #1 for two weeks after the VMAs I would say that she was relevant but getting to #1 for two minutes doesn’t mean she’s relevant. Plus digital sales are not that important right now, if her streaming numbers are not good then it means that people is not listening to her music. GP doesn’t even know what Britney’s doing, they don’t care about her, they still think that she’s crazy one decade after the breakdown. That’s a fact and you will deal. I don’t care if you like it or not. You’re delusional, Caprisun.

is anyone surprised? I'm excited. I'm still sorta hoping she'll announce a new single as well, I mean she's announcing on a thursday and new music usually drops on Friday's so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. Not holding my breath though obviously. 

I'm also hoping this residency will be less shows. I mean Bruno Mars had a "residency" in Vegas, and he basically would just come and do 3 or 4 shows in week and not come back for months, and I'm pretty sure he was touring at the same time. Even Cher has had a residency for a couple years now and she did a film, put out an album, and is now about to do a tour. Plus she's sharing this venue with Gaga AND Cher, so I feel like she can't do as many shows as she did with POM. 

My dream: she announces a one year residency, Britney: One More Time, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of BOMT. She does a lot of BOMT songs in the show; BOMT, Crazy, Sometimes, BTMYH, FTBOMBH (live), I will be there, & The Beat Goes On (with Cher popping up once for a performance). She releases a new single that has a throwback sound like the BOMT album wrtiiten by Max Martin since the 90s are so trendy right now, with a 90's nostagic video where at one point she wears the school girl outfit again-this would get so much press because everyone would be like "OMG Britney still looks great in this outfit 20 years later". But this is just a buzz single. She realeases the collab with Pitbull late spring/early summer. And while she's doing the residency she works on a new album (or finishes it up if she's already been working on one) she releases in Q4 2019.

I think a residency gives her time to really work on an album in her downtime. I feel like since she was touring in 2018 and traveilng so much, she probably wasn't really into doing an album. Anyways I know this all is probably not gonna happen. but maybe Larry will read this and take notes. Oh, also on the dream list... the conservatorship ends. 

.. wow.. 

Still so much denial?? 

Britney hasn't been relevant in 5 years. She turned herself into a 100% nostalgia act. I was super happy with "glory" and if she will release a great album I'm the happiest fan on earth. But her on stage is so f**king horrible - I cried after I saw her in Germany two months ago. It was so f**king terrible & sad. 

So the point is - Britney can continue to milk the **** out of the legacy with another grotesque residency, I don't care. This illusion isn't working for me and it is not enough for me if she is just skinny. But many fans freak out about every **** - that's fine! 

Just enjoy whatever makes you happy - so call me if there is a new album out but everything else she did in the past 5 years was just painful. 

I really would love if she retires and have somewhere a happy life with three more babies far away from this nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Good for her

Never concerns Britney

Well, comparing the 15th year of their careers:

2013: Britney announcing a Vegas residency and releasing an album in which she didn’t sing.

2018: Beyoncé headlined Coachella, went on her third stadium tour and released an album.

And you still say that Britney is relevant.

5 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Don't you think her team has done the research? (As far as making money)  The whole point of her being paid is not even really her fans coming there.

She fills up the venue; it's as simple as that.

She doesn’t. She didn’t have a sold out show in Vegas after the second leg. Average attendance was 85% capacity per show.

18 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

I can't believe this is the turn her career took. I know I just mentioned Tears for Fears and Hall & Oates in my last post. They're all a lot older than Britney. Roland, Curt, Darryl and John probably are at least in their 60s. It just seems unusual to see somebody in their 30s already acting like a greatest hits artist. But maybe I'm wrong in my thoughts. Maybe it's a case of "I want to rake in the money as quickly as I can cause it's gonna be a whole level of bizarre if I'm 64 years old lipping to Baby One More Time, Toxic, etc. I don't want to do it and won't do it."

you want me to be real and truly honest? she already is planning to end her career. that's what she will do and that's what. even if she wants now to step up her game, is gonna be really hard for her. she will always have a special spot on everyone's spot... she's an icon, and a legend officially (her best prime is gone now). so yeah. enjoy what you have now I guess... don't expect more.

I still hope that she get's bored and wakes up a bit with a reality check, but her people around her don't let her to do so. so yeah. that's it. this is it guys. (not like this is not the 3rd or 4th time she is extending her show and making a clear point for the future. :whitney:

the cash might be going in, but the GH won't last for more 10 years. and the longer it goes, the harder will be for her to step up her game. but good luck Britney.

Archived