What is the most hated Britney song?

Cigarettes&Cologne

What song does the fanbase hate?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, 5HINee said:

I couldn't find a audio video but that "work it work it boy watch me work it" parts drives me crazy

it sounds so bad. that song as a whole shouldn't have happened but it somehow found it's way to the album:airpls:

:blol: I remember when the preview first appeared on iTunes, and that part started, and I was like NOO :embarrassney: But after I listened to the whole song, I kinda liked it :bop: I still listen to Private Show regularly :yesokay: 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Chillin’ With You” is the worst thing she’s ever recorded (I hope). “Mmm Papi” is also painful nonsense, so I’ll award it as the first runner-up. Circus was a great pop album up until that point in the tracklist, and then things took a really bad turn (e.g., “My Baby” or “Radar,” the song that no one f**king asked for). So in a way, perhaps I hold more animosity toward MP, because Britney Jean was going to be a terrible album regardless of CWY.

23 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

“Chillin’ With You” is the worst thing she’s ever recorded (I hope). “Mmm Papi” is also painful nonsense, so I’ll award it as the first runner-up. Circus was a great pop album up until that point in the tracklist, and then things took a really bad turn (e.g., “My Baby” or “Radar,” the song that no one f**king asked for). So in a way, perhaps I hold more animosity toward MP, because Britney Jean was going to be a terrible album regardless of CWU. 

I don’t know why but I just can’t get with Britney collaborating with family or songs about her family. It’s a cute concept but doesn’t translate well. Pop music for me is supposed to be an escape, a fantasy. Songs like CWU or My Baby break the illusion for me :yaknow:

The Beat Goes On, boring cover, even Vocalney in this song sounds so off. 

Perfect Love, I have really never liked it, I know it's kind of slow/dark vibe but I have never really felt like listening to it at all. I always skip it. :awks:

Mmm Papi is meh, the hate towards this song is most ly because there were great bonus tracks that weren't included in the standar edition while this horrendous track is in it. :yeahsure:

Although I LOVE (with capital letters) FF, I have never felt the mood to listen to Seal It With A Kiss. It might be good but I just don't see the good side 

Body Ache sounds like an unfinished demo, Chillin With Chu is meh, I really never felt the love for Alien, the lyrics are good but the song, I just don't like it. 

Private Show, the whole song doesn't make any sense to me in terms of sound. 

Just Luv Me, a boring copy of the same overused sound by JB, Selena Gómez and Ed Sheeran :NYsassy:

Love Me Down, same as Just Luv Me but at least this one has a little more rhythm :ehum: 

If Im Dancing, weird intro, too much noise, the slow/soft chorus makes it a less bad song, but as a whole, I hate it. I never listen to that since 2016 :trash:

Hard To Forget You is definitely one of her worst songs ever, good verses but the chorus destroys the song and turns into a childish track that a 5 year old girl or Sharpay from HSM would sing, it's not just bad, it’s annoying :eheeek:

CWY. If it wasn’t sold as a “duet”, I’d probably vote ISBE but it was just a major slap in the face for fans and for her sister that the song ended up as it did. It wasn’t worthy of recording anyway, but the vocal situation is tragic.

I love Soda Pop personally. Is it anywhere near her best song? No way, but it’s fun, nonsensical and her vocals are so good. 

My Baby is very, very basic lyrically but she sounds beautiful and it came from the heart. I can’t hate it for that.

Private Show is rough. There’s a vocal in there near the beginning of the song that shouldn’t have ever made the final version (“your eyes on mine”). We got a great commercial from it-it served a purpose.

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

My Baby is very, very basic lyrically but she sounds beautiful and it came from the heart. I can’t hate it for that.

I don't see as a bad, actually is a sad sing if you think about the time she lost her babies. I guess fans made a whole drama by the "I smell your breath" line. 

English is not my 1st language so I might not feel those words as cringy as native english speakers but as a whole, I don't see the song as bad, just an opinion. :ehum:

38 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

I don’t know why but I just can’t get with Britney collaborating with family or songs about her family

Heaven On Earth is about Sean, Idk if she specifically said it or it was just rumored back in 07. It was the first song she recorded when she was still pregnat in 06 so I wouldn't be surprised :ehum:

42 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

I don’t know why but I just can’t get with Britney collaborating with family or songs about her family. It’s a cute concept but doesn’t translate well. Pop music for me is supposed to be an escape, a fantasy. Songs like CWU or My Baby break the illusion for me :yaknow:

I know what you’re saying but I don’t think that applies to pop music in general; it’s more artist-specific. Like, you’re right, Britney has expressly stated she wants to make fun music that people can dance to. She only has a handful of personal or self-referential songs. She also doesn’t want to dwell on serious sociopolitical topics, and all of that is perfect for her personally as well as her image, but is crucial for someone like Gaga, despite her making escapist pop music as well. 

And with regard to breaking down the fourth wall, so to speak, some pop artists really need to get personal (e.g., Xtina) in order to deliver their best work; it’s clear Christina is not inspired by generic lyrics that could apply to anyone, and subsequently those are usually the weakest songs in her discography. In contrast, Britney is really good at embodying different moods to otherwise soulless pop songs and making her songs unmistakably “Britney,” even though they would largely be very generic if performed by another artist.

7 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I know what you’re saying but I don’t think that applies to pop music in general; it’s more artist-specific. Like, you’re right, Britney has expressly stated she wants to make fun music that people can dance to. She only has a handful of personal or self-referential songs. She also doesn’t want to dwell on serious sociopolitical topics, and all of that is perfect for her personally as well as her image, but is crucial for someone like Gaga, despite her making escapist pop music as well. 

And with regard to breaking down the fourth wall, so to speak, some pop artists really need to get personal (e.g., Xtina) in order to deliver their best work; it’s clear Christina is not inspired by generic lyrics that could apply to anyone, and subsequently those are usually the weakest songs in her discography. In contrast, Britney is really good at embodying different moods to otherwise soulless pop songs and making her songs unmistakably “Britney,” even though they would largely be very generic if performed by another artist.

You’re totally right about it being artist-specific actually. That made me think of Janet’s Velvet Rope album which is her most personal album and one of my favorite pop albums ever. Not sure why I said pop music when I was specifically talking about Britney... Let me not forget Britney isn’t the only pop artist out there :raven:

15 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Heaven On Earth is about Sean, Idk if she specifically said it or it was just rumored back in 07. It was the first song she recorded when she was still pregnat in 06 so I wouldn't be surprised :ehum:

Ok BO is my favorite Britney album  . Having said that, HOE (?) is one of like two tracks that I find myself skipping on BO. Don’t drag me Exhalers I realize it’s loved by many in the the fan base! :awks:

It’s not a terrible song it just gets a bit repetitive for me...

Archived