Anyone still listening to "Better"?

PerfumeGuy

I used to see threads or posts mentioning this song, particularly during the time we were waiting for the possible second single which later turned out to be SP. As I miss those days, I wanted to write about it.

"Better" has been my favourite song in the Glory album ever since my first listen. I think it would have been great as a single and perfect for a music video featuring colorful dance scenes :bsass:

"Better" is also special for me because it made me like uptempo songs without a chorus part :gelis: (Before listening to "Better", I had been just skipping such songs by other singers)

Do you agree that this song stands out in the Glory album? Do you still listen to it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I listened to it in the bathroom the other day. It’s s Supreme Bop. It would have slayed if it were a single. It could of had a beautiful video.  :airpls:

The fact that you listened to it in the bathroom is very important, right? I mean, you don't enjoy a song the same way in the kitchen than in the bathroom :yesokay:

(I was trying to be funny, please don't misunderstand me :embarrassed: )

I still listen to most of Glory tbh. Well I actually put all of the albums on shuffle, but these are the songs I'll never skip, or I'll specifically look to play (from most favorite to least):

1. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  2. Man on the Moon
  3. Better
  4. If I'm Dancing
  5. Liar
  6. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
  7. Mood Ring
  8. Private Show
  9. Make Me...
  10. Love Me Down

The songs I most likely skip (the last one being the one I skip the most):
  11. Invitation
  12. Slumber Party
  13. Just Like Me
  14. Coupure Électrique
  15. Hard to Forget Ya
  16. Clumsy
  17. What You Need
  18. Just Luv Me
3 hours ago, Jay31 said:

Better is my favourite Glory song by far! I always imagine the MV being like a mix of private show commercial and the scenes in the hallway of the official MM video :whatitellu:

Noo, I imagine a video at the beach, very hot and summery :makeitrain: I actually picture something like this outfit and colors

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Glory_(Japan_Tour

I imagine all of the videos that could've been :crying1:

DYWCO would be something shot in that style of a Super Bowl ad, very dynamic and alive, with a lot of action. She is some kind of **** devil that follows this guy (preferably a famous actor or something) and he sees her everywhere, from the bathroom, to the bus, and he sees her face on everybody's face. Every chorus her dancers come out of nowhere and start to dance in front of him like at a party, hitting everything at his office or his bedroom, the streets, etc, until he falls down a sewer in slow motion. And he wakes up between rapid camera switches between him, and Britney (I don't know how to explain it, like his face, then fades to black, and then we see Britney, and then black, then him, but it's all very fast)  for the "'cause all you want, is what I want, and what I want is you..." and as she whispers "just come over" we see a closeup of her eyes covering the whole screen. Then bam, we see the full scene, and it's supposed to be "hell" but it's like a night club, and there is Britney and her dancers, and everyone is wearing red outfits, all different, but all red, and she has this **** skirt, with horns and tail, straight blonde hair, and they bring him to her, and they start to rip off his clothes, and he's just trying to escape lol and we have this aerial shots of Britney with her man and everybody dancing around them as we hear the "dooooooo you waaaaaaant to come oooooveeeer". And for the final "do you wanna come over?" he suddenly wakes up, and he's on his bed. Everything was a dream :mattafact:  I must say the colors of this video are gray-ish, city like colors, but also purple-ish and red for the final scene.

MOTM is more sci-fi ish. Its colors are blue, turquoise, maybe a little bit of pink and white. There's this scene where she's a mermaid (corny and cheesy, I know, and I'd love it :yesplease: ) and the other scenes is her crying at this magical castle in another planet for her man. Maybe we see some scenes of they together, and then how he had to leave the planet for some kind of mission. By the breakdown of the song, she sneaks into some kind of rocket or spaceship on her own, even though she's not supposed to (for the countdown part). She departs at high speed and once she's on space, she starts to have trouble with the controls, and she starts to fall by the final chorus, until she's about to hit / explode, but we don't see the conclusion as the video cuts before we see anything else. I'm a genius, ain't I? :unbothered: 

Liar, of course is an Old West kind of video. She has this cowboy outfit, or should I say cowgirl, with the hat and boots and jeans, reminiscent of the Britney era jeans kinda. She comes to town to catch her cheating boyfriend, obviously :whatitellu:  And there's a lot of action, she hits him, she throws him at some table, there are glasses crashing, a lot of dust and mess. His friends try to stop her, but she defeats all of them very gracefully. Intercalated scenes of her inside a hayrack (is that the term? those little houses made out of wood to store hay that always get caught on fire in movies lol)  with a more feminine outfit, a simple white dress, her hair long, blonde and wavy where we see a more suffering and sad Britney (the reason behind the furious cowgirl we see on the other scenes) and this is the one that's actually singing the song, and also intercalated other scenes where she's doing the choreo, with a cowgirl outfit too, but different, like a desert performance. At the end, with the outro we see the shadow of her walking besides her horse, the sunset in the background,  with the man all tied up being carried either on top of the horse, or hanging from a rope, getting dragged by the horse as they cross the desert.

If I'm Dancing is at the beach too, but not as **** as Better. It's more colorful, there's just different group choreos we see throughout the video. Maybe one taking place during the day and another during the night. Very folkloric, combining influences from different countries, ranging from Hawaii, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America and some Asian influences perhaps. Long, colorful skirts and strings and ribbons and confetti lol This video would be more green-ish, a lot of vegetation, kind of a paradisiac location. 

Archived