Living With Britney

Toxic is my alarm ringtone. I really would like to change it but I’m afraid I won’t get up without it. 

Lately I actually haven’t been listening to a lot of music in general. Which is odd for me. Glory is probably still my go to though. 

I don’t don’t talk about Britney much because there isn’t much to say these days. 

I like to come on exhale right when I’m trying to get ready to sleep most of the time. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I forcefeed britney to everyone in my life. She is the divine nutrient of which we are forever hungry for.  :airpls:

I sometimes go through extra obnoxious phases lol and for whatever reasons become hyper fixated. Lately, I’ve had “I Will Be There” on loop whenever I’m driving, or if I’m in my friends car....

I have grown up with Britney she’s like the best friend in a way :tehe:  I’m 28 I have been told I’m obsessed with Britney but I don’t care, I grew up with her and seeing her go through that dark time I was going through a bad patch myself so her music helped me through it. And I also have anxiety and I have britneys traits I.e the hand playing, socially awkward :embarrassed: I pull a lot of Britney faces to  :decisions: :xfactorlook::gimmemoar:

i check this place everyday and it’s my morning ritual before i go to work. 

I play Britney everyday on my Spotify I vary between albums right now I’m listening to BOMT album and it brings back so many memories.

Whenever Britney posts something new it goes straight onto my insta stories to show her off :werk:

i have seen her 4x circus tour, FF twice and POM all 4 I cried when she came out. 

So yeah thats me :bigkiss:

@Mr_Steven_Spears

Me too! I totally relate to Britney’s struggles with anxiety and her awkwardness. Like, I love being social, but I do it in my own quirky awkward ways. I have a hair tic where I adjust my bangs. It’s subtle. And it’s extremely hard for me to be natural in photos lol. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I forcefeed britney to everyone in my life. She is the divine nutrient of which we are forever hungry for.  :airpls:

Haha. I have this habit when I’m with friends, where I’ll randomly tie whatever we’re talkng about to Britney, especially when drinking or smoking. 

I've been a fan since BOMT but I don't collect Britney merch or anything so I have nothing Britney related around my house, she's not really an every day presence. However I do tend to browse Exhale in the evenings after work, and I don't always listen to her music daily but usually at least a few times a week. I don't talk about her much because most people I know couldn't give a ****, I only have 2 friends I ever discuss Britney and pop music with (they came with me to see the Circus tour twice). So Exhale is basically my Britney ***** fix. :bedtime:

I’m on my lunch break right now tbh. 

:)

All of my co-workers know I’m a stan and always ask me what my girl’s up to and what’s new in the world of Britney. I’ve also been promoting Domination non-stop LOL. I check Exhale several times a day and listen to Britney pretty much everyday, whether it be an album or a few of my favourite cuts. I also think of her everyday when I put on Private Show, which has been my go to daily fragrance since she released it. I get tons of compliments on it! I also have the ‘99 Rolling Stone cover framed on a wall in my living room and sometimes I just zone out looking at it and thinking about what an iconic career our fave has had! We stan forever!

16 hours ago, wonder said:

I search news about her often even if she's not doing much atm. My boyfriend is always on the receiving end of my Britney raves. He's used to it. And I just joined this forum. *waves* :giggleney:

Welcome! :hiii:

Just now, wonder said:

Yay thanks! Wish I found this goldmine sooner actually. :tbh:

It’s a good time with the new residency and all, and with the 20th anniversary! 

• Super Mods
On 9/10/2018 at 9:01 AM, Khoazie said:

I have two close friends who are also diehard fans, but they're not Exhale users.  But we have a group text where we, and by we I mean mostly me, share random crap etc.  Like, randomly I'll be like, "um feelin' Lace and Leather right now."  Sporadically.   We're all in our 30's, if that matters lol

I wish my friends share my love for Brit :nydisgust:

I read exhale daily and breathe heavy’s posts on fb and insta. 

I listen to Britney songs practically daily, always good when I’m feeling like a bad *** woman who can show a man a good time, or really depressed and alone. Britney is there.

i also like to watch videos of her and find solace in her more thought provoking interviews. On a really bad day, for the record is a must. I relate a lot with what she’s been through wirh my own personal struggles and I read inside the dream, a brilliant and touching biography on her. 

She gives me motivation. I like to search her into google and see if there’s any news cause there’s always something someone wants to say about her. 

I bore my friends to death about her constantly, they made me a tinder once and made my bio “britney spears enthusiast”

my phone case says “Britney survived 2007 you can survive today” and I love this.

chaotic has also grown on me recently. She says some really great things. I live by her saying “what you ask for the universe the universe gives back to you”

she 100% is my motivation to not let my personal issues get in the way of me. Because she proves you can still make it and still have nice things. You don’t have to be perfect all the time and you should be allowed to express yourself however you want. I think she’s a powerhouse and an inspiration and  overlooked by others and this makes me sad. We all need a bit of britney. :unbelievableney:

I think about her at least once a day.  She's inescapable when I follow so many facebook groups and instagram fan accounts.  I have a friend that we joke about her constantly (online friendship from 15 years ago - he's a Christina fan) but in my social life, with the exception of my immediate family I'm a closeted fan.  Less so than when I was younger but still so.

One of the things that struck me from reading the responses in this thread is how being a Britney stan is often an isolated experience in the real world. Whether it’s with friends, or with co-workers, or at home with family, the Britney stan is often alone. Sure we might run into someone who likes Britney here and there, but rarely do we come across a fellow stan in real life. 

Archived