I'm Not Crying Are You Crying? Britney Bursts Into Tears At Final 'Piece Of Me' Show

Britneyfanuk89

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she can sing any of the pop/dance songs cause there's no way she can do that baby voice live, she can only do that on the studio. She could sing them in a more mature way using her deep voice (like she did in Something To Talk About) that's my dream but i don't think she's gonna do that... Just embrace her 1998 vocals on POM :tysm:

3 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

I don't think she can sing any of the pop/dance songs cause there's no way she can do that baby voice live, she can only do that on the studio. She could sing them in a more mature way using her deep voice (like she did in Something To Talk About) that's my dream but i don't think she's gonna do that... Just embrace her 1998 vocals on POM :tysm:

but when she sang Oops during the Carpool Karaoke segment, she sounded just like the record. Toxic too :jj:

and even BOMT, I mean it was very, very similar to the album vocals, so I think with a little bit of practice she could nail it, at least a few parts. It's songs like GM or Womanizer that I don't think she could do live properly, or just would sound very different.

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

but when she sang Oops during the Carpool Karaoke segment, she sounded just like the record. Toxic too :jj:

and even BOMT, I mean it was very, very similar to the album vocals, so I think with a little bit of practice she could nail it, at least a few parts. It's songs like GM or Womanizer that I don't think she could do live properly, or just would sound very different.

The thing is that's not her real voice, singing live with that fake baby **** voice would ruin her vocal chords and she would need someone to sing for her on her albums and they wouldn't do that :juggingu:

I think she feels more confident singing covers than her own songs because she does some extra **** in studio that she cant replicate live  (those high falsetto notes in break the ice or toxic or those deep notes in BOMT, i think the only song she could do live comfortably is perfume and still sound like the record ) esp not when she is already tired from dancing. 

Guest Arckangel

Of course, she can! With no backing track at all or with a backing track (for dance numbers especially, but she'd sing louder than the track). If Madonna can, Britney can.

The problem is the baby voice, she can’t sing a whole set live with that voice. Even if she did it would damage her vocal chords. That’s why she doesn’t sing live!!! (along with the dancing)

Just look back at her performing at Wango Tango in 1999, she keeps slipping out of her baby voice and in to her natural deep voice.

Now, I do think that a great compromise would be let Britney sing a cover in her natural voice during the show, like when she did “Something to Talk About”.

But surely no one expects a 37 year old woman to be still singing in a baby voice now anyway? It sounds stupid for her age. She should just sing every song in her normal voice - both new songs and old songs. At least sing the verses live, when she's not dancing around too.much, with pre-recorded backing track vocal help on the choruses. Plus definitely sing ballads live. Again, in her natural voice, because a.grown woman still singing in that squeaky, nasally baby voice at her age sounds ridiculous and unnatural!

She doesn't even mime the correct lyrics, what are you thinking?

The baby voice is no hindrance, almost every artist that has been in the game for more than 5 years has gone through some kind of voice or technique change that live vocals don't sound like the CD vocals from ages ago (Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Fergie, Taylor, Justin Bieber).

In Britneys world she always sings live and dances her as off.

4 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

The thing is that's not her real voice, singing live with that fake baby **** voice would ruin her vocal chords and she would need someone to sing for her on her albums and they wouldn't do that :juggingu:

do you realise how problematic and wrong what u just wrote is? 

Uhm, as for all the Madonna comparisons.. Madonna consciously changed her singing voice after all those voice lessons she took for Evita because her previous singing voice would fry her vocal chords in the longterm. I don't think Britney is motivated to attempt something like that, unless she's planning to release an album/tour of country covers.

Archived