Wait what? Anticipating was real single and had music video?

Stannedforever

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, britney_rocks said:

Yeah, and so was "Thats Where you Take Me" in the Philippines I believe. 

Britney album was full of bops, and Im still mad that "I Run Away" was never a single. :sobbing:

During the Britney era they were like, "this song gets the single treatment, this song gets the single treatment,

UntidySmallLadybug-max-1mb.gif

everybody gets the single treatment!!!" 

tumblr_o1q5dhve3g1qd4rf5o2_500.gif?w=585

Just now, britney_rocks said:

Except “I Run Away”:tiffanycries:

I know, I can't at Boys, Anticipating, That's Where You Take Me, Not a Girl being singles, or in Not a Girl's case, having multiple videos, when there were many other songs like I Run Away, Lonely, Before the Goodbye, Let Me Be.

I Love Rock 'N' Roll is great, but it's a cover, also the Darkchild Remix of Overprotected has an awesome video, but why did it need a remix in the first place? :nochillbrit: 

Still it's funny how they kept releasing single after single, even when they weren't that great on the charts. 

16 hours ago, bananathesnake said:

I never understood why did it have a (terrible) performance with those (awful) outfits during DWAD, let alone why it has been a single. SO MANY BETTER OPTIONS, it seems Team B was Team B even when Team B was not a thing :pieceofwhat:

The performance during DWAD was actually highly strategic and not a Team B blunder, in my opinion. During that album cycle, she was in a precarious, coming-of-age time wherein many former teen stars lose their entire fanbase due to becoming too **** too quickly. And her entire career thus far had been based on riding that fine line between innocent and ****. Really, the whole point of that record and era was to gradually introduce a more mature and ****** artist, without alienating her former fanbase. That’s why it seemed a bit all over the place at times. Therefore, the show balanced out the **** performances to be immediately preceded by really innocent, teenybopper ones.

For example, this super cutesy, kid-friendly performance:

giphy.gif

britney_tour.gif

tour_britney.gif

Was followed immediately by “Boys,” one of her sexiest tracks at the time:

sexy_britney_dwad.gif

tumblr_lmwhibIbBJ1qb3f6eo1_500.gif

And then the whole “Crayola World” set for “Anticipating” was a bit over-the-top cheesy and extra innocent:

giphy.gif

tumblr_m7o58eQ90I1rs9sdjo1_500.gif

...because it was followed by the two raciest performances in the entire concert:

giphy.gif

tumblr_mjwkramObE1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_njason9O831qzdlkbo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_njason9O831qzdlkbo5_r1_400.gif

On 7/16/2018 at 3:00 PM, britney_rocks said:

Yeah, and so was "Thats Where you Take Me" in the Philippines I believe. 

Britney album was full of bops, and Im still mad that "I Run Away" was never a single. :sobbing:

That's Where You Take Me was always speculated on, but it was confirmed by a radio station on its Facebook page back in 2015, I believe. @Larry Stylinson is the TWYTM expert here, so he can give the exact date.

But yes, it was a single. This is the official music video, though we don't have it in HD until someone buys a single and rips the video from it (but the singles are extremely rare). And it peaked at number 3 in the country. Slay.

@Stannedforever The Britney album to this day is the album with the most singles (not counting compilations, which are obviously comprised of singles). We had Slave, Overprotected, Not A Girl, Overprotected (The Darkchild Remix), Boys, I Love Rock N Roll, Anticipating and That's Where You Take Me. 7 singles, if you consider both releases of Overprotected as one release. Though it's technically 8 singles if you count the What's Going On charity single featuring Britney's vocals released between Slave and Overprotected.

All 8 singles have music videos, with Overprotected iconically having 2.

21 hours ago, britrey said:

I was too young that time and internet wasn't that accessible. All I know is that both Anticipating aand That's Where You Take Me had music videos being shown on MYX (The number one music channel in the Philippines). Both music videos did really good on the charts here. Hehe! Oh. Those days...

Ooh, I don't suppose you could contact some Philippine radio stations or something and see if you could find an HQ version of the music video, could you? :pumped: We've never seen it in HQ. And trust me, I've searched.

36 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

The performance during DWAD was actually highly strategic and not a Team B blunder, in my opinion. During that album cycle, she was in a precarious, coming-of-age time wherein many former teen stars lose their entire fanbase due to becoming too **** too quickly. And her entire career thus far had been based on riding that fine line between innocent and ****. Really, the whole point of that record and era was to gradually introduce a more mature and ****** artist, without alienating her former fanbase. That’s why it seemed a bit all over the place at times. Therefore, the show balanced out the **** performances to be immediately preceded by really innocent, teenybopper ones.

For example, this super cutesy, kid-friendly performance:

giphy.gif

britney_tour.gif

tour_britney.gif

Was followed immediately by “Boys,” one of her sexiest tracks at the time:

sexy_britney_dwad.gif

tumblr_lmwhibIbBJ1qb3f6eo1_500.gif

And then the whole “Crayola World” set for “Anticipating” was a bit over-the-top cheesy and extra innocent:

giphy.gif

tumblr_m7o58eQ90I1rs9sdjo1_500.gif

...because it was followed by the two raciest performances in the entire concert:

giphy.gif

tumblr_mjwkramObE1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_njason9O831qzdlkbo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_njason9O831qzdlkbo5_r1_400.gif

ACTUALLY

Seems like a spot-on analysis. Well done

Anticipating still sucks tho and anyone who disagrees can suck my toe

23 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

It's not a bad song. It's just forgettable. :ohi:actually now that I try to remember how it goes I can't get it play in my head. 

It sounds a LOT like a Janet track but I can’t recall which one, does anyone know what I’m referencing? It’s even more similar than “Lonely” is to “What About” (chorus) IMO. 

6 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

It sounds a LOT like a Janet track but I can’t recall which one, does anyone know what I’m referencing? It’s even more similar than “Lonely” is to “What About” (chorus) IMO. 

Archived