Wait what? Anticipating was real single and had music video?

Stannedforever

On 7/17/2018 at 5:36 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I know, I can't at Boys, Anticipating, That's Where You Take Me, Not a Girl being singles, or in Not a Girl's case, having multiple videos, when there were many other songs like I Run Away, Lonely, Before the Goodbye, Let Me Be.

I Love Rock 'N' Roll is great, but it's a cover, also the Darkchild Remix of Overprotected has an awesome video, but why did it need a remix in the first place? :nochillbrit: 

Still it's funny how they kept releasing single after single, even when they weren't that great on the charts. 

The reason might be the album sold 745,750 copies the first week and by 2002 it had sold 3.3 million copies in the US...in terms of numbers that album was a complete success so it didn't need any other type of commercial success:tiffanynod:

Glory struggled with around 200,000 copies sold in the US, so the singles need to make up for the low album sales I believe but if they don't help that much then they won't keep investing money :imok:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anticipating and TWYTM was released as a single  here in the Philippines. It was massive and  most of the radio stations overplayed both songs and their official video was the footage from the DWAD tour. 

I remember TWYTM reached the number 1 spot in MYX - the music channel in the philippines. Too bad we dont have Billboard, etc that tracks the chart run of songs here. 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:31 PM, PokemonSpears said:

During the Britney era they were like, "this song gets the single treatment, this song gets the single treatment,

UntidySmallLadybug-max-1mb.gif

everybody gets the single treatment!!!" 

tumblr_o1q5dhve3g1qd4rf5o2_500.gif?w=585

I will never get over the fact that Jive really wanted Bombastic Love and Cinderella as singles, but Britney put her foot down and was like "Hell, no." Even back then, she was trolling the hell out of us. She gave us ILRNR and Anticipating instead. :crying1:

Also, half of those singles were meant for "Crossroads". Overprotected, I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman and I Love Rock 'n' Roll were all exclusively for Crossroads. I forgot what other songs were meant for the Crossroads soundtrack, I think Bombastic Love was one of them since I think it's on the DVD? Who knows if we would've gotten that many singles had Crossroads not been a thing at the time... :( 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:36 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I know, I can't at Boys, Anticipating, That's Where You Take Me, Not a Girl being singles, or in Not a Girl's case, having multiple videos, when there were many other songs like I Run Away, Lonely, Before the Goodbye, Let Me Be.

I Love Rock 'N' Roll is great, but it's a cover, also the Darkchild Remix of Overprotected has an awesome video, but why did it need a remix in the first place? :nochillbrit: 

Still it's funny how they kept releasing single after single, even when they weren't that great on the charts. 

To be fair, Boys is FIRE. And Not A Girl was Crossroads promotion. :yaknow:

As for Anticipating and TWYTM, I agree. They're cute, but they needed to sit down.

As for releasing single after single despite commercial failure, that's only true for the US where she was banned on the radio (fun fact: Boys is her lowest-charting single EVER, yet she almost gives it more love than she does Toxic! :hahaha: ). Worldwide, all of the singles were hits, except for Anticipating and Rock N Roll (which peaked in the high 30's, if I recall). Even TWYTM hit Top Three in the Philippines. :pumped:

But if it had been me, I probably would've released Slave, Overprotected, I Run Away, Boys, Lonely, Cinderella, Bombastic Love and Before the Goodbye as singles. In that order. :lessons: 

On 7/18/2018 at 7:30 AM, It'sSamB!tch said:

I have read that "That's Where You Take Me" was NOT oficially released in the Philipines. The single is supposed to be fanmade. Dunno if it's true...

giphy.gif

Multiple fans from the Philippines have confirmed that the single was in fact released there, as well as the Behind-The-Scenes footage music video. In fact, a handful of them have even said as much in this thread. And a Filipino radio station confirmed on Facebook that the song reached number 3 in the country. Though a fan posted in this thread that there's no Billboard chart in the country, so who knows what chart they were basing it on. :tbh: 

Archived