Wait what? Anticipating was real single and had music video?

Stannedforever

:pieceofwhat:Please kill me. I always thought that anticipating was only promotional single but according to Wikipedia it was 5th official single from Britney.  Okay I can handle this information but since when it had a music video????? :jackk: Wikipedia tells me that "An accompanying music video, directed by Marty Callner, consisted of the performance from Live from Las Vegas. --- The music video, directed by Marty Callner, consisted of footage of the tour performance from Live from Las Vegas. Several effects were added, including a glittering ball and the name of the song appearing on the screen. " so this is the music video :waitwhat: Was this ever show on mtv or other music video shows?  It was not featured on my prerogative dvd that had all her music videos to date.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I'm aware, it was exclusively released in France, possibly because a few French DJs made remixes that were originally planned to make it onto the tracklist?? All of which sounded unfinished. Maybe that's why they were scrapped and the Overprotected & INAGNYAW remixes were bundled on there.

As for the video, it never aired in the UK to my knowledge. We'd need some old school French fans to clarify if it aired on French MTV. I always wondered if the music video had the official audio dubbed over the Vegas DWAD performance or if they left it as it was.

It was only a single in France instead of I Love Rock N Roll. But I think for the most part it's not regarded as an 'official' single for that reason. Especially because the video was just a performance. That's Where You Take Me was also only a single in the Philippines. 

I was too young that time and internet wasn't that accessible. All I know is that both Anticipating aand That's Where You Take Me had music videos being shown on MYX (The number one music channel in the Philippines). Both music videos did really good on the charts here. Hehe! Oh. Those days...

9 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Yeah, and so was "Thats Where you Take Me" in the Philippines I believe. 

Britney album was full of bops, and Im still mad that "I Run Away" was never a single. :sobbing:

I’ve been a fan since 1998 and never seen this. :gaspney: Thanks for posting! I adore Britney and I have always loved “Anticipating,” it’s such a feel-good song. :makesomenoise:

ETA: I’ve also always thought “I Run Away” would’ve been a great way to end the era, showing the GP her vocal talent and more musical artistry, plus it’s just a great ballad (one of her best). It would’ve been a good way to bridge the maturity gap for the next album.  

This song is clearly the rotten apple in the beautiful tree that is Britney, omg. I never understood why did it have a (terrible) performance with those (awful) outfits during DWAD, let alone why it has been a single. SO MANY BETTER OPTIONS, it seems Team B was Team B even when Team B was not a thing :pieceofwhat:

Archived