What do you still stan about Britney the popstar

LaLohan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Yeah... no... There are folks who dance like their MVs and do so with passion and energy.

K-Pop is cancer and doesn't count. American pop music, usually, consists of people with personality doing generic tunes. K-pop is generic, automated, planned people and careers doing generic music. We shouldn't even look at it.

21 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

If im completly honest, If Britney was a new act I wouldnt be impressed at all and wouldnt be a fan. Its 90% nostalgia and 10% hope for me.

Same could be said about Christina, well not really, since she can't sell like Britney. :fu:

1 hour ago, bananathesnake said:

K-Pop is cancer and doesn't count. American pop music, usually, consists of people with personality doing generic tunes. K-pop is generic, automated, planned people and careers doing generic music. We shouldn't even look at it.

Agree, K-Pop is treated completely as a product and nothing more. They will switch out members if they get too old and are to individualized. They form groups like a factory forms products. In a way it's sad. And I know Britney doesn't sing live, but she paid her dues in the first few years of her career and just stepped up the dancing. Nowadays K-pop groups just lip right off that back. That bugs me cuz, A-I got no clue what you're saying, B-It should be about the music so let me hear your talent, C-yall look and dance the same, so how are you gonna be any different than the other groups. :sippinga:

I stan her goofy personality, her beauty (body goals for dayzzz), her music is totally Pop and on point, and her dancing (when she's really feeling it, it gets me excited and inspired)....and I stan how humble she is. In a world of girls calling themselves "queen" or "bad *******" aka Nicki, Beyonce, Halsey, Rihanna...the list goes on. I love how humble and nice she is. I strive to be as nice, humble and caring as Britney is today. 

Honestly I still like everything that she does. What I'm not happy with, is with everything that she DOESN'T do. Like, I loved BJ and Glory, but I hate the lack of singles, the lack of videoclips, the lack of performances for other album tracks. The lack of interviews, the lack of everything. But technically, I've enjoyed evertyhing she's released so far, so I have no reason to stop being her fan, or to stop anticipating what's next.

Something I never understood, for example, it's how so many of the people in here were convinced she didn't sing a note on Britney Jean, and despite that they were still here waiting for something else. Like, if I really believed such a thing, I would be totally done with her, no more chances, no doubts about it, like how can you keep stanning someone like that? :beynah: and yet they're still here "stanning" for her. And you can't say they're here for her personality, because most of them are the ones that complain about how boring and awkward she is nowadays, so... 

1 hour ago, Born2Die said:

Same could be said about Christina, well not really, since she can't sell like Britney. :fu:

I dont get what point you are trying to make. Who says I dont have the same feelings about Christina??  :nochillbrit: You clearly havent seen my Whitney tribute meltdown or my severe hate of Accelerate when it first came out. Im clearly not satisfied with Crissy either.  :reductive:

Good for you if you are happy with everything that we are getting from Britney but you cant expect everyone to have the same low standards.  I would like nothing more than to be absolutley slayed by everything Britney does and never whine or complain on here again. You cant force Satisfaction.. you either are or not. 

And dont tell me to just "stop being a fan" because honestly if you have been a fan for 20 years its ridiculously hard to just let go. At this point I know that it would be the right thing but its just not that simple.

it feels weird not to for me. She's been a part of my life since a very young child and I have so many memories attached to it now it's crazy to think about. Noone can take away the happiness Brit gave me, not even Britney herself with her constantly not delivery as a performer. I found other artists I stan that give me what I want as a stan and as a consumer but noone has been able to recreate that almost magical connection Britney had with me.

Nostalgia and hope for a better Era. :tysm:

Downvote me, but I must write it: I don't really understand who keep on saying that they still follow her because she's a "lovely human being" ... I mean, she could be, but that's not the point being fan of a singer - entertainer - dancer. I'm here for her music and public character, we shouldn't care of what she does in her private life or how she's humble because it's not what she's famous for  :idgi: 

Archived