What do you still stan about Britney the popstar

LaLohan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my teens I was a big fan from day 1.  I loved everything about her and defended her in every way.  I cared about her sales, the charts, her position on TRL, I voted, internet poles mattered, magazines - had to have them all - you name it, I had it.  I’ve seen Britney 12 times - every tour (some 2 or 3 times each) and my 13th is coming up. I’ve also met her during the FF tour.  As an adult, this stuff doesn’t mean anything to me anymore.  Who cares if a one hit wonder is getting more attention/it simply doesn’t matter anymore.  

To be perfectly honest, no, she’s not the dancer she was before the breakdown.  I don’t subscribe to the opinion that she doesn’t care or isn’t passionate or that she’s lazy.  It is my opinion that there are things we don’t know about that prevent her from dancing the same way she did as a teenager.  Sometimes it comes out for a minute and sometimes not at all.  I think at this point she may not be able to move the same way any more.  She’s in great shape and obviously exercises like crazy, but she’s become very stiff and often out if synch with the performance.

I was not expecting her career to be where it is now - if you asked me during her prime if I ever thought she’d be like this I wouldn’t have believed it.  Unfortunately she was one of the first celebrities that fell victim to internet tabloids and paparazzi.  

I’m thankful that she still releases music and still performs which I believe that she enjoys.  Britney is somewhat unique in that she never believed her hype and fame and never thought she’d become so famous.  Britney also distances herself from Hollywood in her personal life, especially now.  

I’ll also say this, her performance has improved tremendously since FF, but still nowhere near what she was in the past.  I won’t even bother with live vocals as that was never the main focus of a Britney Spears concert.  Vegas was a big deal, I figured we’d get the most out of her once it started but we continue to get poor dance routines.  Nothing is going to change at this point.  

The reason why I am still a fan is because even with my compliments, no newcomer has impressed me since (except GaGa) her arrival and these new pop stars are just pathetic at performing and live singing.  It just goes to show how bad pop music has become.  I look to Britney to release a quality track, at the very least.  Her vocals, even when digitally enhanced, can turn a bad song into a good one.  

I’m seeing her again in a couple of weeks and know what I’m in for.  Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  I enjoyed POM in Vegas but still didn’t leave with the same feeling I did when I left a show like DWAD or Onyx.  This could be my last Britney concert.  We’ll see.

Archived