What do you still stan about Britney the popstar

LaLohan

Im curious... Been thinking about how it has been pretty boring in Britney world for the last few years compared to her younger years and her contemporaries.

I think I still stan her mainly out of nostalgia to be honest :soyeah:  And the very little hope that she will regain her passion for her music and career one day ... Oh well :lollipop:

What about you guys? 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mainly nostalgia. and i still think her voice is the perfect vehicle for pop music, she can turn even mediocre tunes into pop gems just with her unique tone and delivery. edited or not, i just love her voice. it's mostly about the music for me now, more so than the visuals and the performances. i still watch, but my expectations are so low at this point that it doesn't really phase me anymore when its half assed.

She still sounds amazing in my opinion. That’s why I was mad with myah Jean because I wanted BRIT vocals not some impersonator. We can’t be duped that easy.  Anyways, I love Britney’s voice! Glory was amazing. 

I don’t see a lot of artists that have fun dance music and then dance. The new class of pop stars don’t have it. Maybe Normani if she has good songs. 

Sure britney can be stiff but compare her doing Work ***** on a bad day to other pop stars and she’s still dancing her *** off and bouncing up down and all around while others will do a kick and wave an arm and that’s it. 

She might not sustain it for 2 hours but NYE was great. We are hard on her. 

I love that she’s one of the last true pop stars that actually dances. None of these girls today dance at all, or at least not entire routines through a full song and show. Britney is really the last of a  dying breed of visual entertainers. Also her music is still great. 

I dunno, it’s just st the way she sounds and the way she moves. She’s entrancing to me. My life would not be the same without her.  

Nostalgia. It used to be her personality and performance skills. She’s not the performer I would have guessed she’d become but I kinda grew up with her from the beginning and saw the good and bad so it feels like I should still be a fan u know? But I can’t really relate to her anymore like I used to when she was younger, she’s almost childlike now, so there’s more of a disconnect now to even her personality. :-/

This is subjective af, but I love Britney's voice (tone), I know she's not a vocalist (she could have been, but the label or herself didn't want to market her as a vocalist). Like I prefer Brit's voice over Lady gagme, beyonka, miley cyrus, P!nk, rihanna etc even if she doesn't/can't sing as well as beyoke or lady gag. Like ppl can call beyoke a vocalist all they want, but her voice is bland and not interesting to listen to and Miley Cyrus sounds like a man (nothing wrong with singing like a man, Cher and Nina Simone has deep voices but they sound good, whereas miley sucks and sounds like a man while singing/talking). 

The only singers whose tone i prefer over brit are xtina, amy winehouse, whitney, celine but those singers are born with a rare gift and they honed on their skills as vocalists whereas brit didn't or doesn't want to.

Brit is a survivor. It has nothing to do with fame or celebrity status. People go through depression and tough times because of circumstances beyond their control, even ordinary people do. Depression can make or break someone, look at amy winehouse for example... it really broke her, she couldn't get out of that battle. But I'm grateful that Brit is still here after all she been through. It's inspiring to see a survivor like that and still performing strong at her shows.  Sometimes I don't know why people compare currentney to primeney... that's like comparing mooriah's voice rn to primemoomoo... it's not gonna happen. 

She only gonna get more tired as she age, it's a scientific fact. As you age, u lose more mitochondria, therefore less energy to move around. And having 2 kids do not help.  SO people who want/thinking she will be back to primeney are delusional :mcorangu: Just appreciate the fact that she's still here and willing to perform at this age. Look at xtina, she hasn't done a single complex choreo since B2B (2007).

3 hours ago, Most Dancing Ive Ever Done said:

I don’t see a lot of artists that have fun dance music and then dance. The new class of pop stars don’t have it. Maybe Normani if she has good songs. 

Sure britney can be stiff but compare her doing Work ***** on a bad day to other pop stars and she’s still dancing her *** off and bouncing up down and all around while others will do a kick and wave an arm and that’s it. 

She might not sustain it for 2 hours but NYE was great. We are hard on her. 

Yeah... no... There are folks who dance like their MVs and do so with passion and energy.

Because I just dont give up on my interests lol. Ive moved on from pop music, but i still buy Britney, Celine and Madonna albums. Its just who i be. And watching the old stuff just reinforces my stanning for this girl.  She is a dichotomy. She combines charisma with goofyness, blonde bombshell *** appeal with girl next door beauty, confidence with humility, fragility with survivorship. still has great instincts for great music (BJ would have been epic had she just been involved in it 100%). 

Mainly nostalgia, but I know that on the rare chance that she does deliver, she slays (Glory, 2016 BBMAS, Slumber Party video, etc)

I just don’t get as excited or interested as I used to because 9 times out of 10 were disappointed 

I wasn't around during her prime (I was born in 2000), wasn't even a fan during FF era, but I'm still nostalgic about her. I love her no matter what fiasco happens:oknolol: I think she was an adorable person on her prime and still is, but she needed to be more guarded for understandable reasons. She's a strong person overcoming everything that happened.

I freakin love Primeney performances, I watch them regularly. And also the interesting interviews (there are a few).

And first of all, I love her music (except BJ and FF). I listen to her every day, I love her voice also, either the baby one, either the deeper one. 

And I love hearing It's Britney, *****

Archived