Stop hating on her face

Roger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/5/2018 at 3:28 PM, fucknfurter said:

So you knew making this topic would bring the very subject into the topic itself, right? Because I agree with you, but.... you had to have known they'd bring their complaints to you directly, because by mentioning it at all, they feel you've opened the floodgates for it. (Never mind that they make sure to exhaust the subject in all threads, anyway.)

I agree the OP was baiting a thirst trap on one end saying "Don't hate on her face" yet drafted up this thread so people would come in and drag Britney's face, make up and some how become doctors to post about 'surgeries' shes had.

2 hours ago, Hannah said:

Allegedly he had ****** encounters with several of the female actresses he worked with on his shows according to his wife, which could include Buffy. 

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/joss-whedon-affairs/

Also, that drama caused someone to make this:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/107426733.html

And I know this one from memory: It's funny that everyone loves Spike so much, because IRL James Marsters had a thing for Dawn and even wrote a song about her. Yeah.

Yeah. :gross:

(I still watch because it's been my favorite show since 1998, I just have to... ignore reality when I do.)

I feel like we're in this cycle where the more we complain about her face, the more work she gets done, which just makes us complain even more, etc...

I'm definitely not innocent in this, and I wonder how we have contributed to her looking the way she does today. :nochillbrit:

16 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I think they are just saying the newest thing that irritates them. There are so many things wrong with her image and brand. 

I don’t think it was boring to interview her until recent years. Obviously it’s  her team but why can’t they switch up questions. All they focus on is her private life and body. Like...I’m here because of britney s Music and career. :ririshade2:

Its really confusing. Why don’t they focus on her career anymore. Circus we got behind the scenes of music and tried to draw interest into her craft. Ff beyond her music is like a footnote. 

I agree 100%. I can see where talking about the boys might put her at ease and those questions might be a necessity to have around or the interviews might turn out to be even worse than they already are. But like you, yeah, I do want to hear more about her music and career in the interviews. 

12 hours ago, Hannah said:

Allegedly he had ****** encounters with several of the female actresses he worked with on his shows according to his wife, which could include Buffy. 

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/joss-whedon-affairs/

fucknfurter:

Also, that drama caused someone to make this:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/107426733.html

And I know this one from memory: It's funny that everyone loves Spike so much, because IRL James Marsters had a thing for Dawn and even wrote a song about her. Yeah.

Yeah. :gross:

(I still watch because it's been my favorite show since 1998, I just have to... ignore reality when I do.)

-----

Wow, that's a lot of stuff! Thank you both for the links. There were some things I remember hearing/reading from a long time ago and I had just plain forgotten and there's other stuff on there I didn't know about at all. 

On 7/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, Jimbo said:

It’s easy to target her when you see I’ll, Mariah carry, and other celebrities who still look like themselves.. and you look a Britney, she’s unrecognizable. She’s smokes too much and sun tans, destroyed her beautiful face with the nose job, lips and whatever. Her Instagram is completely cringe.. and her style is terrible. I get it.. let her live her life.. but as a publis figure, we are going to judge her. It is what it is. On top of it all her half assed performances and lack of singing king of makes all of this easier to do. Just my opinion. I love her music.. will continue to but I don’t think I’m a Britney Spears fan anymore. She can’t even give a half decent interview. She has lost appeal to me.

23 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

From what I've seen on here of what comes from there, I'd agree with that one. Not on that account to see what's posted full time and I'm kinda glad I don't see everything. 

That's what I can see being more critical about. And I don't see a problem with that, ya know? I'm not a stan--I don't stan anybody. I like being a regular fan that can say when I like something or when I don't like something--whether it be "I don't like that song.", "Don't like that video." "Hate that album." Or if it's criticism about performances or Britney's reactions to her performances. "I always sing live" is definitely a whopper that makes me laugh. It's bad when it comes out sounding more like a joke even if it's not meant to be a joke. 

In this interview from her prime she says it takes her 'about 2 hours or an hour and a half'  to do hair and make up for interviews and shows:

(18 second mark

)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp_mUlttrbQ  

When was the last time she did something like this?

During the Circus era, which she obviously hated doing.

It kind of supports the contention that she was never supposed to last long at all.  She was basically a 'girl living out her dream' and was supposed to marry and retire in her prime years. 

Being 'glamorous' was never in her background.  We know she puts zero effort into maintaining a 'star' appearance today.  Even with all the plastic surgeries, a grade-A makeup team like the ones from her prime would make her look excellent.

Her lack of effort in all these things (Except for her fragrance ads, of which I don't blame her because it's arguably her most successful venture ever) can only mean one thing: BRITNEY DOES NOT WANT TO BE FAMOUS,

which she already confirmed in that interview last year with the Israeli newspaper last year saying, "I’m sometimes in denial to the fact that I'm a celebrity."

12 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

In this interview from her prime she says it takes her 'about 2 hours or an hour and a half'  to do hair and make up for interviews and shows:

(18 second mark

)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp_mUlttrbQ  

When was the last time she did something like this?

During the Circus era, which she obviously hated doing.

It kind of supports the contention that she was never supposed to last long at all.  She was basically a 'girl living out her dream' and was supposed to marry and retire in her prime years. 

Being 'glamorous' was never in her background.  We know she puts zero effort into maintaining a 'star' appearance today.  Even with all the plastic surgeries, a grade-A makeup team like the ones from her prime would make her look excellent.

Her lack of effort in all these things (Except for her fragrance ads, of which I don't blame her because it's arguably her most successful venture ever) can only mean one thing: BRITNEY DOES NOT WANT TO BE FAMOUS,

which she already confirmed in that interview last year with the Israeli newspaper last year saying, "I’m sometimes in denial to the fact that I'm a celebrity."

interesting/insightful interview :thinkney: t4p

2 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

I feel like we're in this cycle where the more we complain about her face, the more work she gets done, which just makes us complain even more, etc...

I'm definitely not innocent in this, and I wonder how we have contributed to her looking the way she does today. :nochillbrit:

No.  If she were really beauty conscious like someone like JLO (who absolutely looks average without makeup), then she would have never looked the way she did on the X Factor and would have never been in a position to get plastic surgery.

Why can't/couldn't she get great grade-A hair/makeup stylists?    

Yes, you do have to bring her background into it.

It just goes back to the point that she was never supposed to last long.  Just look the unambiguous her lack of effort in everything she does.

But, like  I said, SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE FAMOUS.

1 hour ago, sue the expectional earner said:

i said what i said. you judge people everyday because of their looks. this is the truth. i accepted myself as who i am. britney’s face is not beautiful like she used to have. stop the drama. 

With all that said, I thought she looked fine in the ET video and, in retrospect, what she's done with her face is no different than what Gwen Stefani (or Christina), for instance, has now done with her face.

I mean, Christina no longer looks like this either:

And this might have been her best look too.

4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

With all that said, I thought she looked fine in the ET video and, in retrospect, what she's done with her face is no different than what Gwen Stefani (or Christina), for instance, has now done with her face.

I mean, Christina no longer looks like this either:

And this might have been her best look too.

Brit should visit Gwen's Dr!

Archived