PREVIEW of OLD tapes

yves

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean Whitney's voice is beyond.... But hearing Britney singing it made me emotional at first. I just remembered how driven she was and how talented she really is and she worked her butt off to achieve her dream by dancing and singing her heart out... I love it tho!

oh wow! did someone buy those cassette tapes that were on sale recently from her ex bf? anyway sorry Brit but she sounds bad in both! i guess she hasn't been a powerhouse vocalist since she was a kid on Star Search. even her label said they werent sure about her singing but when they saw her in person rolling her eyes in the back of her head they thought she would look great in a video. Whitney Houston was just too much for her.

• Leader

Merry Britmas!

After 20 long years, The Britney Army can finally hear Britney's cover of Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing."

Well this is interesting timing. Two weeks ago, we reported Britney's first boyfriend, Reg Jones, put several of the pop star's never-before-heard demos on cassette recorded for her first album up for auction. Some of the material has begun to leak, including Britney's Whitney cover, and the auction is still live. Meaning, this material is not solely exclusive to Jones like we thought, and someone out there has access to it and decided to share it – possibly in spite of Jones; the more material from these cassettes that leaks, the less valuable Jones' auction becomes, and welp... karma is a b--ch, isn't it?

[adinserter block="1"]

Several audio clips of Britney's "I Have Nothing" cover first popped up on Instagram user MichaelDCoogan's account. It's not clear how this person obtained them, or if the audio they shared is identical to what's on the cassette tapes Jones is selling, but from what I can make of it Britney sounds exceptional. Soaring Britney vocals heeey.

This is supposedly the recording Britney submitted to JIVE Records that ultimately landed her the record deal.

There are also clips of a never-before-heard song titled "Let Me Take You There" (bubble gum pop at its finest), as well as previously-leaked tracks "Luv The Hurt Away" and "You Got It All."

Here's the complete list of demos that are featured on these cassettes (the tracks in bold have begun to leak):

"Soda Pop"

"From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart"

"Thinking About You"

"Wishing On A Falling Star"

"You've Got It All"

"Love The Hurt Away" featuring Full Force

"Nothing Less Than Real"

"Let Me Take You There"

"I Have Nothing" (Whitney Houston cover)

[adinserter block="2"]

Here comes the bad news, and I'm sorry for this: I can't physically share the audio with you due to copyright. However, its' worth mentioning that the tracks I mentioned above are very much online – I imagine it will require about 30-seconds of digging on Instagram or Twitter to find them, and they're worth it. Merry Britmas, fam!

Thoughts on Britney's Whitney cover? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

no its not, it is exclusive to this cassette and to Reg, the things is, The cassette are now in posession of Julien's Auction and anyone who is a member and registered on their website can have access to their live exhibits in NYC. i'm a long time member from the MJ auction in 2011, i visited them in Los Angeles, i saw the thriller jacket and everything. if you are a member, you then have access to preview those cassette. i'm sure someone just went there and ask for a preview in order to bid based on something they saw  and heard in person. they will air the music at the live auction also. 

10 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

over the years I have realized my reasons for stanning:

1. Her voice

2. Her music

3. Her face

4. Her music videos

5. Her dancing

Like I don't care that much about the dancing tbh

for me it's been like this:

1. Her music videos (literally I knew her through MTV, and since 1998 she became my standard to measure other artist's videos)
  2. Her voice (it's SO addictive :yesplease:
  3. Her music (I LOVE her songs but she could literally cover any song by any artist and it would sound amazing and better than the original to me) 
  4. Her face / looks (she's the most beautiful woman ever, but even if in recent years she's messed up with her mouth and the horrible makeup, she's still stunning)
  5. Her dancing (it was always on point and it's very entertaining to watch her old videos, and trying to imitate them, miserably failing, but she could just be standing there without moving and would still make the trick for me)

I think actually points 2 and 3 would be a tie, and then 4 and 5 another tie :mhm: 

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO STAN THIS GIRL FOR ALMOST 20 YEAR :sobbing:

IT'S EVEN HARDER TO BELIEVE JIVE MADE HER HIDE THIS VOICE ONTO A NASAL SOUND THAT WONT DO HER JUSTICE :beynah: 

I KNEW IT! SINCE I HEARD HER "SILENT NIGHT" PERFORMANCE ON THAT CHURCH/WEDDING THING I KNEW SHE HAD THE VOICE TO COMPETE AND SLAY HER PEER POP ACTS! :lessons:

AND I DEMAND THIS TO LEAK IN FULL HQ CUZ I WANT MY LIFE TO BE COMPLETE! :yasqueen:

Archived