Britsbeakdown's effect on early 2000's female artists

I've noticed that a lot of female artists gained relevancy and were extremely succesful in the early 2000's but had a major impact around the time Britney was not so active in the music bussiness (getting married, breakdown) between 2004-2007.

Do you think that these singers' success was mostly because of Britney's absence in music? A lot of them had hit eras and many like Beyonce were able to gain relevancy in those years :rlynow:Before that she could literally come down from the ceiling upside down but no one would care because Britney could easily overshadow her or anyone else:

anigif_enhanced-13608-1408803287-14.gif?

rs_500x358-131202140118-tumblr_lxvn5vlyZ

:cackling:

Anyways these are some female hit albums from that period of time (all of them were succesful) :

Gwen_Stefani-Love_Angel_Music_Baby-Front

the-dutchess.jpg

600x600bf.jpg

d1abd261c8c96a1346347dd326db9ed6.1000x10

220px-Christina_Aguilera_-_Back_to_Basic

discos.73.IMAGEN1.jpg

600x600bb.jpg

I honestly think that Britney's break in music helped other female singers to establish their careers.

What do you guys think? :toocute:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm i get your point, maybe.. who knows! Britney was a major performer she could just only stand on the stage and easily get all the spotlight back then, she had that x factor, later on Britney totally changed, her life was change, she wanted to create a family she didn't want to be Britney Spears anymore she turned her back to what she created with her hard work and her talent (a huge mistake from her) and left space for other artist to shine such as Beyonce, becuase when you don't see a truly great performer you learn to like mediocrity:unbothered:

Yes, it’s true. Britney’s popularity was waning, but if she had dropped a studio album in 05, her brand alone would’ve put sold most of the albums you mentioned. Her career break left a power vacuum that was filled by Beyoncé, and later Gaga, Rihanna, and Taylor. Hence today’s music scene 

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

I've noticed that a lot of female artists gained relevancy and were extremely succesful in the early 2000's but had a major impact around the time Britney was not so active in the music bussiness (getting married, breakdown) between 2004-2007.

Do you think that these singers' success was mostly because of Britney's absence in music? A lot of them had hit eras and many like Beyonce were able to gain relevancy in those years :rlynow:Before that she could literally come down from the ceiling upside down but no one would care because Britney could easily overshadow her or anyone else:

rs_500x358-131202140118-tumblr_lxvn5vlyZ

:cackling:

Anyways these are some female hit albums from that period of time (all of them were succesful) :

Gwen_Stefani-Love_Angel_Music_Baby-Front

the-dutchess.jpg

600x600bf.jpg

d1abd261c8c96a1346347dd326db9ed6.1000x10

220px-Christina_Aguilera_-_Back_to_Basic

discos.73.IMAGEN1.jpg

600x600bb.jpg

I honestly think that Britney's break in music helped other female singers to establish their careers.

What do you guys think? :toocute:

Did you just list JT as a female,  sis lol wtf

Not to be biased. But this

Was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Desperate. Nobody even cared, of course her fans only did. Britney overshadowed her :nopingout: Bey could've slipped and fallen on her head, yet wouldn't care bc she wants to be an "icon" :plzexplain:

3 hours ago, Chris Dowling said:

Not to be biased. But this

Was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Desperate. Nobody even cared, of course her fans only did. Britney overshadowed her :nopingout: Bey could've slipped and fallen on her head, yet wouldn't care bc she wants to be an "icon" :plzexplain:

I don't even like Beyonce like that but this was a good performance, that entrance was everything. Clearly she wanted it to be a spectacle, I wouldn't call it desperate.

It would've been the highlight of the night, but Britney and Madonna had the kiss planned and anyone can call that desperate, especially for Madonna since she's always looking for the shock factor :sassybrit:

Absolutely.

They had multiple chances at being just as big as her while she was active, but it didn't happen, even when she was having her breakdown.
They became more relevant and successful within music and on the charts during her absence, for sure.
Though Britney was the biggest pop star on earth before her absence and breakdown, so ultimately her absence did allow room for others to shine.

Honestly her breakdown had more of an effect on the current generation of stars because her absence made it okay to not dance in performances anymore. Beyonce was always going to be a massive star in her absence and presence because she had the talent, work ethic, and ambition. It also opened the industry up to search for a new America's sweetheart which became Taylor Swift. I'm not saying that TS wouldn't be very popular if Britney was at her peak but she would only have her sales going for her and she wouldn't command that level of attention. 

33 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Honestly her breakdown had more of an effect on the current generation of stars because her absence made it okay to not dance in performances anymore. Beyonce was always going to be a massive star in her absence and presence because she had the talent, work ethic, and ambition. It also opened the industry up to search for a new America's sweetheart which became Taylor Swift. I'm not saying that TS wouldn't be very popular if Britney was at her peak but she would only have her sales going for her and she wouldn't command that level of attention. 

Yeah in terms of media attention and specualtion TS definintely became like the new Brit. Who did anyone give a **** about in terms of personal life between 2005 and 2009? No one.

Archived