Britsbeakdown's effect on early 2000's female artists

44 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Honestly her breakdown had more of an effect on the current generation of stars because her absence made it okay to not dance in performances anymore. Beyonce was always going to be a massive star in her absence and presence because she had the talent, work ethic, and ambition. It also opened the industry up to search for a new America's sweetheart which became Taylor Swift. I'm not saying that TS wouldn't be very popular if Britney was at her peak but she would only have her sales going for her and she wouldn't command that level of attention. 

It's sad to see that someone like Taylor is the new Britney 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Chris Dowling said:

Not to be biased. But this

anigif_enhanced-13608-1408803287-14.gif?

Was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Desperate. Nobody even cared, of course her fans only did. Britney overshadowed her :nopingout: Bey could've slipped and fallen on her head, yet wouldn't care bc she wants to be an "icon" :plzexplain:

This night really helped cement Beyoncé as a dazzling solo performer to be reckon with, you say "nobody cared" but that wasn't true at all. Yes, The Kiss overshadowed & dominated everything but I would say this is where Bey's momentum really gained traction.  

44 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

This night really helped cement Beyoncé as a dazzling solo performer to be reckon with, you say "nobody cared" but that wasn't true at all. Yes, The Kiss overshadowed & dominated everything but I would say this is where Bey's momentum really gained traction.  

Sure :forkit: If your entire career is based off the shock factor & creating an illusion with society that you're this goddess then fine :quirkney:

3 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

Not really...that performance was messy.

Beyonce cemented herself as a great performer after 2006 and B'day. Her performance game got stronger then.

206ezaq.png

And she took some notes as you can see...Britney's absence let other female singers shine and that's a fact :mhmnod:

It's hard to say what would have happened. All I know is that the early 2000's facade and era where Britney dominated came to a closing call around 2003 and was sealed by 2004. Ironic enough, it was around the time Brit released "Outrageous" which was also a transition for Britney. 

Regardless of Britney's absence when it came to her music and craft, she was still overshadowing all the pop girlies, but in a negative light. This allowed other artists, new and old, like PCD, Jessica, Ashlee, Hilary, Fergie, Nelly F, Pink, etc. to gain some momentum as full-force pop artists which maybe wasn't so likely to happen during the early 2000's.  In a way, the industry was desperately filling in the void to make up for Britney's absence in music.

Had Britney kept it up and not fallen off the rails, I believe she could have had the staying power of someone like Beyoncé. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way as she stepped into adulthood. Poor decisions, this massive overexposure, and too caught up in her brand. It's hard to see that because Britney, out of any female pop artist of her generation, had the most potential and she really didn't get a chance to display that to the general public, post-2004. By 2007/8, it was clear to see that she had given up and that is when her priorities full-on shifted.

Reminds me of this article:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album?utm_term=.pqyZPP2Mx#.yvYWVVe9y

On 4/15/2018 at 2:59 PM, Chris Dowling said:

Sure :forkit: If your entire career is based off the shock factor & creating an illusion with society that you're this goddess then fine :quirkney:

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.  :toocute:

I say this as a long time Brit-Brit stan, but Beyoncé has worked very hard to be in the position she finds herself today.  She gives it her all each & every time while making it look effortless.   She's universally acclaimed and rightly so.  

22 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Not really...that performance was messy.

Beyonce cemented herself as a great performer after 2006 and B'day. Her performance game got stronger then.

206ezaq.png

And she took some notes as you can see...Britney's absence let other female singers shine and that's a fact :mhmnod:

You thought the performance was "messy," great, however I distinctly remember people being in awe of her 1st VMA performance and it was well-received.  

Personally I've always hated this example, tbh, lol.  Aside from the entrance & trench coat the performances are completely different.  Britney wasn't the first performer to wear a corset, hot pants, and thigh-high boots.  

3 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.  :toocute:

I say this as a long time Brit-Brit stan, but Beyoncé has worked very hard to be in the position she finds herself today.  She gives it her all each & every time while making it look effortless.   She's universally acclaimed and rightly so.  

You thought the performance was "messy," great, however I distinctly remember people being in awe of her 1st VMA performance and it was well-received.  

Personally I've always hated this example, tbh, lol.  Aside from the entrance & trench coat the performances are completely different.  Britney wasn't the first performer to wear a corset, hot pants, and thigh-high boots.  

I was just giving an example of how she stepped up her game in 2006, and luckily Britney wasn't performing to steal her thunder :unbothered:

12 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

It's hard to say what would have happened. All I know is that the early 2000's facade and era where Britney dominated came to a closing call around 2003 and was sealed by 2004. Ironic enough, it was around the time Brit released "Outrageous" which was also a transition for Britney. 

Regardless of Britney's absence when it came to her music and craft, she was still overshadowing all the pop girlies, but in a negative light. This allowed other artists, new and old, like PCD, Jessica, Ashlee, Hilary, Fergie, Nelly F, Pink, etc. to gain some momentum as full-force pop artists which maybe wasn't so likely to happen during the early 2000's.  In a way, the industry was desperately filling in the void to make up for Britney's absence in music.

Had Britney kept it up and not fallen off the rails, I believe she could have had the staying power of someone like Beyoncé. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way as she stepped into adulthood. Poor decisions, this massive overexposure, and too caught up in her brand. It's hard to see that because Britney, out of any female pop artist of her generation, had the most potential and she really didn't get a chance to display that to the general public, post-2004. By 2007/8, it was clear to see that she had given up and that is when her priorities full-on shifted.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album?utm_term=.pqyZPP2Mx#.yvYWVVe9y

Totally true. I remember back then in 2004-2006 I was thinking about Britney's comeback (before her breakdown ofcourse) and I was so ready for her to become this amazing/ more serious artist and a legend, but then her breakdown happened. I'm glad she actually made it through and came back, because I thought she was over in 2007. I truly believe Britney still has her passion and the talent, but I doubt she will ever show it in full again on stage. For some reason she stopped working hard to remain the best performer. :crying3:

On 4/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, Chris Dowling said:

Gurl, stop hating. I don’t even like Beyoncé but I’ll give credit where it’s due. She has worked extremely hard to get where she is today, and her passion for her craft is admirable. I would be happy if Britney had half of that passion for her music. And the whole acting like she is the second coming of Christ can be a bit much, but hell, if Britney was doing it we would be praising her left and right. We already call her Godney don’t we? And she hasn’t done anything lately to deserve that name.:angietea:

20 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Britney also could have come back massively during the 2007 VMAs but she wasn't ready.  She was dealing with way too much to probably give a good performance

But she was getting far more attention than anybody else that year and a great performance at the VMA's would have been perfect to come back. Even Kanye alluded to this:

'West went on to blame Britney Spears’ 2007 meltdown, saying, “As soon as Britney shaved her head and they saw that money going down, they had already marked what that award was going to be that night,” indicating that the powers-that-be saw Swift as the next pop superstar.'

http://www.etonline.com/news/188048_kanye_west_says_closet_racism_was_to_blame_for_taylor_swift_s_2009_vma_win

Yet she still came back with Circus being a massively commercial tour.  If she were to have Beyonce-like longevity, she needed to take a real break after Circus to really introduce herself back as a great performer because her celebrity was still massive during that time.  Who knows why she didn't take a break (conservatorship lots of fees/payments etc...)

4 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Gurl, stop hating. I don’t even like Beyoncé but I’ll give credit where it’s due. She has worked extremely hard to get where she is today, and her passion for her craft is admirable. I would be happy if Britney had half of that passion for her music. And the whole acting like she is the second coming of Christ can be a bit much, but hell, if Britney was doing it we would be praising her left and right. We already call her Godney don’t we? And she hasn’t done anything lately to deserve that name.:angietea:

I am not a girl, I am male. Didn't agree with anything you said so 

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

I was just giving an example of how she stepped up her game in 2006, and luckily Britney wasn't performing to steal her thunder :unbothered:

That's not what that picture depicts though, but has often been used to show how "Beyoncé copied Britney."    :cackling:

Britney & Beyoncé both performed at Jingle Ball back in '03.   Britney was the headliner with Bey performing right before her set, reviews were unfavorable towards Britney (her excessive lip-sycnhing, non-crowd interactions I remember being pointed out) that night.  In fact, some reviews stated Bey should have headlined instead of Britney.  That was Britney during her peak, while Beyoncé is still peaking 20 years into her career.  So whether Britney was active or not is irrelevant (imo) , Bey was on a mission and no one was going to deter her.  She accomplished that.  Britney is my main fave, but let's not be delusional, especially when it comes to the force of nature that has always been Beyoncé.

11 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

:rihclap:

5 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

That's not what that picture depicts though, but has often been used to show how "Beyoncé copied Britney."    :cackling:

Britney & Beyoncé both performed at Jingle Ball back in '03.   Britney was the headliner with Bey performing right before her set, reviews were unfavorable towards Britney (her excessive lip-sycnhing, non-crowd interactions I remember being pointed out) that night.  In fact, some reviews stated Bey should have headlined instead of Britney.  That was Britney during her peak, while Beyoncé is still peaking 20 years into her career.  So whether Britney was active or not is irrelevant (imo) , Bey was on a mission and no one was going to deter her.  She accomplished that.  Britney is my main fave, but let's not be delusional, especially when it comes to the force of nature that has always been Beyoncé.

:rihclap:

I didn't even know Beyonce performed at the jingle ball in 2003 :cackling:

Archived