Thanks Larry

Black_Out

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not discrediting him for his hard work during prime and come back but he also let her release a half baked album , allows lipping to 17 year old songs and the whole make me fiasco. I mean brit definetly has a major role too but everything just seems sloppy and outdated for industry veterans

3 hours ago, Black_Out said:

Idk. He does great with other artists. I think its a personal respect for Brit and her past.

She could keep him and mix up a more current team. They should hire Karen Kwak to be on her team from now on

4 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

Like most employers (and certainly mine), her humanity was second to business. 

Her career and image are more tainted now than ever and it is undeniably because of 2011-2013, when she was pushed into doing things she didn’t want to do. Adam can share some of that responsibility too I guess 

She could’ve refused. She could buy out a contract, she’s that rich. I mean P!nk, Prince, George Michael Beyoncé all cut ties with their labels or managers if they were unhappy 

2 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

wasn't he off the team when Blackout was recorded and released? 

Yeap, if I'm not wrong she fired him in 2006, it was a bit of a scandal back then :weusay:

He agreed on putting her back into the spotlight again in 2008 and I assume he asked for a lot of money to work once more with brit. He was helpful back then, I'm not gonna lie but it's no coincidence she's been tanking so hard in the past 5 years :NYsassy:

I truly believe 20 years of working together is a nice moment to say goodbye, she needs a new vision, someone that can get her out of her comfort zone and make her feel the passion again... of course she needs to do her part as well :lemmetellu:

I'm sorry but NO. like referred to many comments and as deep hard fans we are and know in detail everything, y'all should already aware that Larry is actually no good for Britney career, and it's been almost a decade since so. Larry always blocked Britney personally and creatively. Plus, I do believe she's locked with him because of Jamie as well.

tbh, Britney always made the right decisions for her career despise the breakdown on her personal life (which was caused by them, media, etc).

I'm not saying that Britney is a saint herself, but she knows what's good and doesn't take much credit. where is the excitement on that? must be really inspiring for her ngl but either way...

I'm expecting for him to be fired really soon if she still cares for her career and herself... or she's brainwashed by now but I know she'll come to the light and see jesus vuhexrt.gif

8 hours ago, Black_Out said:

Idk thats not a solid example lol. I think Brit herself is outdated and follows trends where Larry supports her. Circus era is amazing and that never felt dated when his job is simply to hire the right people/gigs. I think its up to the artist. He booked her all the hottest gigs for Glory. Jimmy skit, carpool, Apple, Iheart, ect.

I agree that Britney plays a part in it too- she needs to drive it as well. 

But it's not just about booking the right gigs- it's about coming up with a wholesome strategy that fits globally. If Britney is outdated, then it's the manager job's to figure out what to do..

I don't hate Larry. He did a lot for Britney and was good to her. I also think ppl blame him for things that aren't what managers do. Instead of blaming the label that really does control a lot of things. Managers don't control artist albums. They get them opportunities, bring creative talent, songwriters to the team etc. so we can blame Larry for horrible promo, not putting her at the right events, and even maybe introducing her to horrible songwriters lol but it's not his fault albums don't turn out the way Britney or fans want. That's all the label heads. if Larry suggested an idea on her behalf or a hip new songwriter, a label higher up would still have to OK everything they hear. If they don't britney can't get it done. He has to work for Britney while keeping what the label wants in mind. I don't think his job is easy and we prob don't see everything that goes on. 

12 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

Like most employers (and certainly mine), her humanity was second to business. 

Her career and image are more tainted now than ever and it is undeniably because of 2011-2013, when she was pushed into doing things she didn’t want to do. Adam can share some of that responsibility too I guess 

What world are you living in ? Maybe for some hardcore fans 2011-2013 tainted their image of her, but it certainly didn't for the GP who consider the FF era a very succesfull hit-filled era. Ask 1000 people in GP what they think tainted Britney's career and I gurantee you 90% will still refer to 2007. Nobody remembers Britney looking a little "not into it" during 2011-2013, only hardcore fans noticed that and remember.

Larry balances between doing his job and what Britney wants. She said so herself in FTR that things that happened to her personally have been the problem, not even within the business. To this day we have ZERO proof that Britney was rushed or forced into a comeback or that she didn't really want to record or tour with Circus. 

Archived