By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

1 hour ago, BKSTYL3 said:

I think they designed some of her outfits.

Also this:

21~8.jpg

http://xray.breatheheavy.com/thumbnails.php?album=6325

Doesn't count. It was specifically made for her, and it's something they do often for celebrities-- if she hadn't worn it, it'd be more offensive. I don't care what the keyboard warriors say; I'd be more worried about offending an entire country then a bunch of bored white people.

This counts, though--

d6eaa5949539eb6414dca071253b724a.jpg

• Like 1
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
36 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

So many times.

• saying gays are somewhat girls
  • bollywood segment at tcsbs
  • the snake
  • the animals in circus
  • calling a pap fat and telling him to go to weightwatchers
  • promoting unsafe *** in pull out
  • driving with Preston on her lap and defending it

... off the top of my head :mhm:

Some things are genuinely problematic, like driving with Preston on her lap (Even though they used to do that in the south)

But Bollywood ? :orangu: 

And gays are the first to say that

People are so easily offended

Just now, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Some things are genuinely problematic, like driving with Preston on her lap (Even though they used to do that in the south)

But Bollywood ? :orangu: 

And gays are the first to say that

People are so easily offended

That is not an appropriate comment for a straight person to make and the Bollywood thing is cultural appropriation

8 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Doesn't count. It was specifically made for her, and it's something they do often for celebrities-- if she hadn't worn it, it'd be more offensive. I don't care what the keyboard warriors say; I'd be more worried about offending an entire country then a bunch of bored white people.

This counts, though--

d6eaa5949539eb6414dca071253b724a.jpg

So why isn't Shakira problematic when she is wearing this ? Because she is half lebanese ? You gotta be kidding :wtfdidusay:

And popstars using Egyptian culture ?  :wtfdidusay:

None of that is problematic. :byebitch:

2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

So why isn't Shakira problematic when she is wearing this ? Because she is half lebanese ? You gotta be kidding :wtfdidusay:

I don't pay attention to Shakira, to be fair, so I wouldn't know. :idkney:

Its what they call "cultural appropriation." It's a favorite phrase of the social justice warriors. Most of them will freak out over the smallest things, including someone just absorbing themselves into a local culture. (Which is encouraged.) It's ridiculous.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It is, though

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

That is not an appropriate comment for a straight person to make and the Bollywood thing is cultural appropriation

Is this cultural appropriation when an asian person is dancing a tango in a video clip ? No. 

So it is not when a white - or black- person is dancing a bollywood.

13 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

A song 

“you got to know when to pull out, it’s getting so hot now pull out, you’re making me panic, I can’t stand it tell me when you gon pull it”

18 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Flop Fan moment.

in the 19 years I have been a stan, I have never heard of this song :calculating::triggered:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

It must be true because you said it.

Just showing how stupid and illogical it is :lemmetellu:

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

most of the people who complain about the likes of "cultural appropriation" are probably 15 year old halsey fans that consider themselves political activists for complaining about the detention they got :tiffcackle: they don't have much to complain about so they complain about trivial things like the stuff mentioned in this thread. 

27 year old with the common sense to know it’s ****** up for white people to use other cultures for profit, actually.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

27 year old with the common sense to know it’s ****** up for white people to use other cultures for profit, actually.

So it is not ****** up for blacks or asians to use other cultures for profit ? 

You'll accept a black artist wearing native american clothing, but not if it is a white person ? 

Where is the logic ? :girlwhat: