By Today's Standards, Has Britney Ever Been Problematic?

19 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

most of the people who complain about the likes of "cultural appropriation" are probably 15 year old halsey fans that consider themselves political activists for complaining about the detention they got :tiffcackle: they don't have much to complain about so they complain about trivial things like the stuff mentioned in this thread. 

tumblr_m7axex5cxw1qfcoxoo3_500.gif

This was in a MCR video. They are portraying a yin yang / opposites attract situation from what I understand, literally no connection to any culture at all but the outrage over "blackface" was real. How desperate do you have to be? :NYcackle: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

+ explain how its ****** up @Brad Adamson aswell.

It is ****** up because white people have repressed, ********, segregated, stolen land from, people of many other races for centuries. White people have stolen and adapted cultures for their own gain, with little to no payment or acknowledgement. White people take on other cultures because they looks “cool,” or “pretty,” or “edgy” with absolutely no knowledge of, and sometimes no respect for said cultures. Things that are considered sacred to natives are paraded around for entertainment and/or profit.

A white pop star prancing around in a Bollywood inspired scene may not be tantamount to some of the first things I mentioned in this response, but it is rooted in the same place.

I’ll overlook your alarmingly defensive “BUT BLACKS CAN APPROPRIATE TOO WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE ONLY BAD GUYS!!!1!!!eleven” response, because that is a whole new thread to pull at and I’m sure you’d be given some food for thought that you really wouldn’t like the taste of. But yes, other races can appropriate. Look at when Beyoncè (Creole) did blackface (to look African).

1 minute ago, Brad Adamson said:

It is ****** up because white people have repressed, ********, segregated, stolen land from, people of many other races for centuries. White people have stolen and adapted cultures for their own gain, with little to no payment or acknowledgement. White people take on other cultures because they looks “cool,” or “pretty,” or “edgy” with absolutely no knowledge of, and sometimes respect for said cultures. Things that are considered sacred to natives are paraded around for entertainment and/or profit.

A white pop star prancing around in a Bollywood inspired scene may not be tantamount to some of the first things I mentioned in this response, but it is rooted in the same place.

I’ll overlook your alarmingly defensive “BUT BLACKS CAN APPROPRIATE TOO WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE ONLY BAD GUYS!!!1!!!eleven” response, because that is a whole new thread to pull at and I’m sure you’d be given some food for thought that you really wouldn’t like the taste of. But yes, other races can appropriate. Look at when Beyoncè (Creole) did blackface (to look African).

all this because britney thought the outfit for me against the music looked pretty @I Always Sing Live :NYcackle:

• Love 1
  • Like 6
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
24 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

It is ****** up because white people have repressed, ********, segregated, stolen land from, people of many other races for centuries. White people have stolen and adapted cultures for their own gain, with little to no payment or acknowledgement. White people take on other cultures because they looks “cool,” or “pretty,” or “edgy” with absolutely no knowledge of, and sometimes no respect for said cultures. Things that are considered sacred to natives are paraded around for entertainment and/or profit.

People cry about cultural appropriation, but those same people never talk about the living conditions of Native Americans,

Because they know nothing about them.

And even if they do, they won't do anything for them, except crying about cultural appropriation  :byebitch: 

9 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I still don't get why blackface is somehow offensive. I wouldn't care if someone painted themselves white for Halloween, why should anyone care if I painted myself brown for Halloween. How else can I dress up as Kanye West? If it's not meant to mock, it shouldn't be offensive. :lemmetellu:

If a director casts a white person and makes them do black face because they don't want to cast a black person - that's an issue! Which, mind you, used to actually happen, now that's obviously an irrelevant issue. :nyheadache:    

******* this :nicki2:

6 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I still don't get why blackface is somehow offensive. I wouldn't care if someone painted themselves white for Halloween, why should anyone care if I painted myself brown for Halloween. How else can I dress up as Kanye West? If it's not meant to mock, it shouldn't be offensive. :lemmetellu:

If a director casts a white person and makes them do black face because they don't want to cast a black person - that's an issue! Which, mind you, used to actually happen, now that's obviously an irrelevant issue. :nyheadache:    

Partly because of gollyw*gs, which were hideously offensive. There was also a phase of people doing blackface in those gross minstrel shows to mock black people and reinforce racist, negative stereotypes.

if you dress up as Kanye West and do blackface, that is indefensively racist. Then again, that’s the vibe I’m getting from you and so I’m done with this conversation. You’re obviously happy in your ignorance

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

People cry about cultural appropriation, but those same people never talk about the living conditions of Native Americans,

Because they know nothing about them.

And even if they do, they won't do anything for them except crying about cultural appropriation  :byebitch: 

To me this cultural appropriation thing is bullshit, it should be flattering when someone likes stuff from a different era / area and a compliment.

Just because she is white? That is racism the other way around and tbh she has nothing to do with history, it is not like she was involved in anything.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

if you dress up as Kanye West and do blackface, that is indefensively racist. 

So we should dress up as white Kanye West ?:wtfdidusay: That is racist :wtfdidusay:

:quirkney:

6 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

Did you or did you not ask for an explanation?

basically what u are saying is that for example a white teenage girl can't wear a piece of jewellery or clothing she thinks is pretty because of something that happened centuries ago that she had nothing to do with :NYcackle:

• Love 1
  • Like 5