Without the breakdown in 2007 Circus and Femme Fatale would have been total flops

G L O R Y

6 hours ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

But she isn't much of a worldwide hit maker, like Britney. Mariah Carey hasn't been a big name in like 15 years, she belongs in the 90s. Maybe she's relevant in the US nowadays (is she tho) but other than that she's basically another Celine Dion or a Cher. :mattafact:

Oh please she's had plenty of worldwide hits... way more than Britney.   No one could touch Mariah in terms of sales throughout the 90s, not just in the U.S, but all over the world.   Also there was the huge comeback in 2005 which gave her the top selling album of the year. Britney is way behind Mariah as far as hits go. Your just embarrassing yourself by going on  

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

britney doing fine tho :tiffcackle: i wonder if he logs on here, knows he's spouting a load of crap but loves to troll anyway, i mean he can't be THAT delusional can he? :tiffcackle: 

The fact that Taylor’s new music video already passed Make Me in views in less than 2 days :tiffcackle:

But it went #17, still impressive :tiffcackle:

4 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Oh please she's had plenty of worldwide hits... way more than Britney.   No one could touch Mariah in terms of sales throughout the 90s, not just in the U.S, but all over the world.   Also there was the huge comeback in 2005 which gave her the top selling album of the year. Britney is way behind Mariah as far as hits go. Your just embarrassing yourself by going on  

Charts and numbers. I don't remember any Mariah Carey song other than the one that goes "why are you so obsessed with me" only because the song was actually catchy and because she played as a dude. There's also the same Christmas song Britney did as well. Then she's just Mariah from the 90s. None of my friends know about her other than the fact that she's a great singer, a diva, and that she's Mariah Carey. This might be just in my country tho, idk. She never seemed that big of a star to me anyway. My point is that Mariah and her two peaks and Britney Spears don't make for a good comparison. Especially because we know how things turned out for each other. :forkit:

7 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Work ***** went #7 so I question the UK’s taste sometimes :tiffcackle:

But seriously, Work ***** is a pile of **** 

the UK has **** taste in music most of the time, the top 40 chart proves that :tiffcackle: but lana went to no.1 on the album chart so i can't complain too much lol 

31 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Charts and numbers. I don't remember any Mariah Carey song other than the one that goes "why are you so obsessed with me" only because the song was actually catchy and because she played as a dude. There's also the same Christmas song Britney did as well. Then she's just Mariah from the 90s. None of my friends know about her other than the fact that she's a great singer, a diva, and that she's Mariah Carey. This might be just in my country tho, idk. She never seemed that big of a star to me anyway. My point is that Mariah and her two peaks and Britney Spears don't make for a good comparison. Especially because we know how things turned out for each other. :forkit:

Since when did Britney ever sing all I want for Christmas lol. 

Guest $elfish
9 hours ago, claug326 said:

That's a very broad statement. The conservatorship is what gave us Circus and FF. The breakdown is what completely stopped the Blackout era. Had things not been so bad we would have had a proper BTI video and potentially more singles. 

It's a double edged sword honestly. She was a mess but the music was phenomenal then she was "better" and forced to make music she hated. 

We wouldn't have had the blackout era w out the meltdown tho :\

Archived