Without the breakdown in 2007 Circus and Femme Fatale would have been total flops

G L O R Y

Just now, Million Billion said:

What did you just say? :girlwhat:

Without the breakdown all of her confidence would hace never gone in first place. Up until 2007 she seemed very confident with herself, it wasn't until she reflected on her past behavior that the happy-authentic Britney we once knew was totally gone. 2007 made her so much damage to both professional and personal life. 

I'm not talking about the quality. I'm talking about the success. Don't you guys really remember that she was starting to flop back then? MP, DS, Someday...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andrew338 said:

You don't know what the **** could have happened if she didn't have the breakdown. Maybe original doll wouldn't have happened either. Who knows? But actually saying her breakdown was good for her career, i find it disturbing. She went through anxiety and depression, Britney is a person too you know?

OMG you totally misunderstood the thread. Haven't you seen that in the first line I wrote that gp loves the drama things and this is bad? 

14 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

I kinda agree :sassybrit:

what people seem to forget is that her popularity was going down and the gp were turning against her

Lol, JT and Jason Alexander barely made a chip in her paint. Toxic and Everytime still smashed and her tour sold well. K-Fed was literally the catalyst for her smear campaign in the media. If the breakdown never happened then everything from her knee to present day would be gone. Original Doll probably would have been different too.

6 minutes ago, G L O R Y said:

So you think Original Doll would have been a huge sales success like Circus and Britney would be still popular as she is nowayds? OMG the biggestt delusion I've ever read seriosuly

tenor.gif

Did you read my post? Because it nulls your argument. :mattafact:

6 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Here popularity never decreased

The success of Gimme More on itunes and the jump on hot100 says otherwise

Piece of Me and Break the Ice didn't perform as well as Toxic and Everytime. Blackout underperformed, stop trying to make it sound like it was this massive success ala In the Zone. It performed better than expectations, but the singles weren't as impactful as ITZ.

And yes, her popularity did decrease. K-Fed, Paris Hilton, 2005-2006 tarnished her image. What kind of delusion? :tiffcackle:

11 minutes ago, G L O R Y said:

So you think Original Doll would have been a huge sales success like Circus and Britney would be still popular as she is nowayds? OMG the biggestt delusion I've ever read seriosuly

tenor.gif

Britney's sales was already declining era per era, we can never assume how Original Doll would have performed commercially. I do believe that Britney's popularity for the past decade have its foundation on the idea of "comebacks" because the last 5 eras were built on that. On another note, if the breakdown never happened and we would still have Primeney (assuming the breakdown affected Britney's work ethic a lot), I don't think Britney's commercial strength would have declined drastically. Primeney knows how to play the game simply because she was an attention *****. And we all know how that contributed a lot to her commercial success in her early years.

34 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

This is just an outlandish statement.

she would have released Original Doll, wouldn't have had to make Blackout, Mona Lisa would have been out etc etc. She probably would have became an acclaimed artist.

why are you guys so nasty now? :wyd:

Original Doll was never released because her record label didn't allow it (or that's what they say). What makes you think it would have been released if the breakdown never happened, even if Original Doll was scrapped before it? :outwithit:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Piece of Me and Break the Ice didn't perform as well as Toxic and Everytime. Blackout underperformed, stop trying to make it sound like it was this massive success ala In the Zone.

And yes, her popularity did decrease. K-Fed, Paris Hilton, 2005-2006 tarnished her image. What kind of delusion? :tiffcackle:

Piece of me did well on itunes and top 20 on billboard hot100

The song seen an increase and re-enter the top 10 on itunes after VMA's that year, and Blackout seen an increase in sales too that following week

2 minutes ago, claug326 said:

I mean we can trace everything back to the outrageous video and the months that followed. Her career was completely derailed by that. Everything would have been VERY different had the ITZ era not been cut short and a proper era followed instead of GHMP.

Yes, even Original Doll would probably be different, if Album 5 would even have been  titled that. We would have a completely different Britney and honestly? A different pop scene.

Guest BreatheOnMoi
Just now, Daxx said:

Original Doll was never released because her record label didn't allow it (or that's what they say). What makes you think it would have been released if the breakdown never happened, even if Original Doll was scrapped before it? :outwithit:

Sis everything that happened was going to happen, that's just reality. We're  talking about a pararell world where the OP makes sense here :outwithit:

Just now, BreatheOnMoi said:

Sis everything that happened was going to happen, that's just reality. We're  talking about a pararell world where the OP makes sense here :outwithit:

It doesn't make sense. It's like saying if the World Trade Center never got bombed then George W. Bush would have better handled Hurricane Katrina.

No, if the World Trade Center never got bombed, then George W. Bush wouldn't have been re-elected so he wouldn't have handled Hurricane Katrina. :outwithit:

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Piece of me did well on itunes and top 20 on billboard hot100

The song seen an increase and re-enter the top 10 on itunes after VMA's that year, and Blackout seen an increase in sales too that following week

Sweetie, the sales speak for themselves. Blackout did not sell as much as In the Zone nor were the singles as impactful nor did they have the same longevity.

3 minutes ago, G L O R Y said:

I'm not talking about the quality. I'm talking about the success. Don't you guys really remember that she was starting to flop back then? MP, DS, Someday...

Her Greatest Hits sold almost 5 million, how is that a flop? :outwithit: She was basically forced to release that compilation, she didn't even promote those tracks and to be honest, not even Britney had clear what she wanted at the time. Then she got pregnant twice and all those plans were on hold for almost two years. 

By the time she said she was gonna take a break and was out of the music industry for almost two years, people were still thirsty for new Britney music, so it would have likely been better cause there would have been no pressure to release something just because, she would have taken the appropriate time to release something good. 

Maybe Blackout could have been a complete and appropriate era. Her breakdown helped her to create the hype for a little but that emotion went away really fast. By 2009 there were many other pop figures to look up to and still she managed to stay as one of the favorites. 

Archived