Without the breakdown in 2007 Circus and Femme Fatale would have been total flops

G L O R Y

Sorry, but that's true. In terms of her career the breakdown actually helped her. It's tragic because it shows how gp is into the drama thing. 

The last thing which was very successful for her was Toxic but since then she hadn't gotten a hit. Tbh it's very similar to Mariah Carey when she had her 2nd peak after releasing Mimi.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very broad statement. The conservatorship is what gave us Circus and FF. The breakdown is what completely stopped the Blackout era. Had things not been so bad we would have had a proper BTI video and potentially more singles. 

It's a double edged sword honestly. She was a mess but the music was phenomenal then she was "better" and forced to make music she hated. 

3 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Neither Circus nor Femme Fatale would have ever been created in the first place then, we know Britney wasn't the mastermind behind those projects. :mhmsureny:

Also I don't think Mariah Carey is even close to Britney in terms of hits. Like, completely different careers. :mattafact:

Well, actually that's Britney who is not even close to Mariah in terms of hits because Mariah is the queen of #1s :mattafact:

I agree about Circus and FF ideas though. But I mean that albums after MP:GH would flop really hard, no matter what was the title, style, etc. :mattafact:

With the direction the Original Doll was going, I think Britney's music would have matured. She was eager to showcase her vocals and go in a more authentic direction which is why she rebelled against her label and sneaked into a radio show and played Mona Lisa. The breakdown was a hot mess but it wasn't the reason why she turned into a **** artist. She became crappy in both music and performances because everyone around her tried to control her and ultimately put her in a C-ship. Maybe it was beneficial for her and maybe it wasn't.

And yes, I realize she was on a self-destructive path but honestly, I think she just wanted people to side with her and let her do her own thing. I think if her team back then let her breathe a little and let her grow up on her own and take a different musical direction, she wouldn't have rebelled as much . Instead, the tried to make the pop machine going and tried to force her to keep making hit songs using her baby voice. Anyone who was present during that time knows how she always pushed for certain singles to be released. When she wanted to take a break back in 2002, she was supposed to take a 7 month break or so but instead she kept recording and her 'break only lasted like 2 weeks. She should have gone away and taken at least 1 year off and got everything out of her system like partying and experimenting here and there, but she kept doing stuff for the label because few people thought she'd last long so they were trying to keep around as long as possible. She should have even taken a break during the DWAD tour after she broke up with Justin and after her parents divorced. I know labels are controlling but honestly, I think the breakdown could have been prevented in some way. 

As for marrying Jason Alexander, I think this was her being upset at Justin getting with Cameron Diaz which was HUGE at the time. It obviously hurt her how fast he had moved on. After that, they should have hired someone who controlled her finances more strictly. Instead, they made her get back to work and made her start a new tour and swept the entire thing under the rug instead of taking certain measures with her finances. She should have taken a lot of breaks  between her DWAD tour and ITZ.

Anyway, Circus and FF were both ****. Circus should have never happened. FTR alone shows u how miserable britney was at the time. Anyone who thinks it was 'good' for her to go back to work is nuts. Yes, Britney likes working but she's not a machine. That was her problem all along. Everybody made her 'work' because 'it was good for her' when in reality, all she needed was a break to HEAL. To heal from Justin, Kevin and overworking. She should have gone away after being hospitalized in 2008. She could have come back and did a long detailed interview or something and released a proper comeback record to go with it. The public would have appreciated her more. Instead, they just saw misery in her eyes all the time and they felt depressed and sorry just looking at her throughout Circus and FF. 

Guest BreatheOnMoi

This is just an outlandish statement.

she would have released Original Doll, wouldn't have had to make Blackout, Mona Lisa would have been out etc etc. She probably would have became an acclaimed artist.

why are you guys so nasty now? :wyd:

What kind of delusional statement? As mentioned by @Curiousexhaler86, had she avoided the breakdown that would have meant the ITZ era would have been complete, the Outrageous video out, VMA 2004 performance and sweep for Toxic, we probably would have gotten a 5th single (Breathe On Me) and she would have released Original Doll in 2005.

Thus, My Prerogative, Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory would not have existed nor would we have the Britney we have now.

And no, she would not have flopped. Her popularity decreased because of K-Fed and the wild party girl antics and slip-ups during her pregnancy in 2006.

After Toxic, Everytime was a global smash and the OHT was going strong.

If the breakdown never happened we would still have Primeney. Blackout and all the albums afterwards may have never happened but with how Britney was keen in exploring a different genre then (with Original Doll), who knows Britney might have been in a different place now musically.

34 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Neither Circus nor Femme Fatale would have ever been created in the first place then, we know Britney wasn't the mastermind behind those projects. :mhmsureny:

Also I don't think Mariah Carey is even close to Britney in terms of hits. Like, completely different careers. :mattafact:

Very correct

Circus came about because her team and label wanted her to go back to that super pop sound and look

What did you just say? :girlwhat:

Without the breakdown all of her confidence would hace never gone in first place. Up until 2007 she seemed very confident with herself, it wasn't until she reflected on her past behavior that the happy-authentic Britney we once knew was totally gone. 2007 made her so much damage to both professional and personal life. 

Saying there would be still a Circus and FF era, I do agree Circus was successful due to the breakdown, but saying so for Femme Fatale on the other hand is a reach. The FF era was huge thanks to music and promo lbr. But again, if the breakdown never happened these albums would have never been released either. :lemmetellu:

24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

What kind of delusional statement? As mentioned by @Curiousexhaler86, had she avoided the breakdown that would have meant the ITZ era would have been complete, the Outrageous video out, VMA 2004 performance and sweep for Toxic, we probably would have gotten a 5th single (Breathe On Me) and she would have released Original Doll in 2005.

Thus, My Prerogative, Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory would not have existed nor would we have the Britney we have now.

And no, she would not have flopped. Her popularity decreased because of K-Fed and the wild party girl antics and slip-ups during her pregnancy in 2006.

After Toxic, Everytime was a global smash and the OHT was going strong.

Here popularity never decreased

The success of Gimme More on itunes and the jump on hot100 says otherwise

Just now, G L O R Y said:

So explain then cause I don't understand your reaction

You don't know what the **** could have happened if she didn't have the breakdown. Maybe original doll wouldn't have happened either. Who knows? But actually saying her breakdown was good for her career, i find it disturbing. She went through anxiety and depression, Britney is a person too you know?

Archived