Without the breakdown in 2007 Circus and Femme Fatale would have been total flops

G L O R Y

nooo... she was on a good track since blackout dropped,  then circus and femme,, BJ and all around lazy britney (team britney whatever the case) bj was a huge let down and the sales show that for sure so glory was set up to fail chart wise cuzz lots of people didn't give it a shot till too late .. you dont need a good song to chart, you just need 100 million people who are curious enough about your song to water the video and lyric video in the 1st week .. its pretty simple to me what happen.. besides the stress of fame and starting as a child , being hounded my paps  almost as bad as princess diana .. add in the knee injury im assuming pain meds played a big role it the break down cuzz thats what happens 8 times out a 10 then you give people pain pills..  no breakdown and blackout dropped in 2006  ,  and assuming no break down means we would have better dancing (last 2 years have been getting better again tho) one last thing to remember about these stars beyonce and whoever does not make their own dance numbers or really much of there own anything .. britney spears gas proven time and time again if you sell her a hit song and killer dance moves she will not give you her all.. she will not do your art, your dance moves , or sing live your songs... if your song is your art, and your dances , your fashions you make (costume people, writers, choreographers , producers ect)  if your do these things from passion and not just for money (the best in the biz make a **** ton but they also just have a great passion for what they do as well) why on earth would i sell my content to someone whos only gonna give 70% of themselves to the project ??.. im sure there is a list of top music biz people who have givin up on her and have moved on to new hunger artists who will work 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DARC1993 said:

Totally agree with this!

She wouldn't have flopped, it was so obvious the GP turned on her because of K-Fed. Geez we had a whole show cheer/go nuts when they announced Britney was divorcing K-fed. The love for her was there. I get that her CD sales where declining but everyone else's where's too  

Im not denying that the breakdown helped her sell albums, with the whole 'comeback' thing but if there wouldn't have been a breakdown , there wouldn't had been a need to use a 'comeback' trick. If she hadnt met K-Fed the public wouldn't have turned on her. Britney would still have been the unapologetic, confident woman she was and would have her unwavering fan base that sadly she has lost to others . 

topics like this annoy me ...just thinking about the fact.. 

what if Britney didn't leave the Pop music play field open, Would the new artist of today like Lady Gaga, Taylor, Rhianna , Beyoncé would be as popular as they are today?

Would Christina even have her successful Back to Basics Era. 

The GP never turned on Britney while she was with K Fed

They did not like K Fed but they did not hate Britney

This is actually very true! 

I hate to say it too & it's not shade but "Toxic" was Britney's only huge moment during what Exhaler's call her peak. 

Britney was still a huge heavy hitter but by the time GH:My prerogative came out it def seemed like the media & the public had been washed out by Britney. She just had been over done... 

The public breakdown did a few things.. just like most of her career Britney's public breakdown started a new trend in Pop Culture... social media was on the rise & this was the new way ppl viewed their pop stars!! 

Beyond that.. her breakdown really made her even more of a Global celebrity.. she was on DAILY NEWS! 40% or more of tabloid profits we're coming from Britney alone!!! As much as ppl enjoyed it, it allowed people to view her as an underdog... 

With big pop celebrities what happens is that they get so big & their image is so "picture perfect" for sales that ppl start to resent it. Especially the young female audience who starts to go through pubrity & realize that they don't measure up to the standards they were sold.. and they turn on their idols.. 

Britney's breakdown got the audience that turned on her back.. all those girls who hated her for being so perfectly beautiful now felt a connection to her again.. then you had parents who felt that need to help her .. they wanted to see her do well.. suddenly everyone that was over her now was re-invested!

2007 fueled "Blackout", "Circus" & "Femme Fatale"

look at Katy Perry & Lady Gaga?? They are both where Britney was in 2005.. coming off of 4-7 years of non stop promotion, products, albums, hit songs, tours.. ppl are washed out!! That's why KP & LG struggled as much as they did. 

Tbh.. I think Taylor Swift is going to do so well because her reputation was **** around a bit in the press.. it took her down a few notches.. 

I'm sorry but without the breakdown Circus and Femme Fatale would have been totally different. THey would not exist. :lemmetellu: Without the breakdown, we would have a proper promo for Blackout with more singles. We know that Brit wasn't in control for Circus and FF, so without the c-ship maybe we would have albums that reflect what she wants, not what her team wants, something more mature and not "I'm just releasing songs about *** but I don't want to be **** anymore". Just read the lyrics she wrote and recorded back then, it's sooooo different to the songs that she has released since then. Circus was only released because her team was in control again and they wanted to change her image to be a "sweet pop star" again. The same with the original  Femme Fatale being scrapped by her team. :flawlessbye:

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The GP never turned on Britney while she was with K Fed

They did not like K Fed but they did not hate Britney

what the actual ****??! :tiffcackle:

sweetie u need to go do some research, her relationship with k-fed encouraged the hate britney was already getting. the cheating rumours with justin, her "party girl" image & the controversy she created made a lot of people especially the media turn against her. do u even know what u are saying 99% of the time? :tiffcackle:

all these headlines were made before britney even dated k-fed

Image result for britney magazine headlines 2003

Image result for britney tabloids 2004

and her relationship with k-fed only made it worse

i don't see any of these headlines praising her do u? :tiffcackle:

Um obviously everything would have been different if something didn't happen. That's the ripple effect of life. But we probably would have had other great music from Britney so wtf. 

And the breakdown was a slow progression, nothing was going to stop that except maybe if justin hadn't been a little ***** to begin with. That's where the downfall started. Justin and Britney could have been even bigger than jay z and beyonce in power couple status. 

But this is what we got so.

39 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Britney wasn't banned by the time Toxic was out. :wyd: It charted at #9 because digital downloads weren't counting to the Hot 100, not because of a radio ban. It was #1 on the Mainstream Top 40. :whitney:

I know **** about the radio ban / soundscan era considering I became a fan in 2004, but point is that Britney's got HITS who charted bad for her standards back then

8 minutes ago, Roger said:

I know **** about the radio ban / soundscan era considering I became a fan in 2004, but point is that Britney's got HITS who charted bad for her standards back then

How can a song go #1 on Top 40 with a radio ban? :tiffcackle: Anyway, I'm not denying that she got hits, just saying that Toxic didn't go #1 because dig. downloads weren't counted, not because of a radio ban. The radio ban ended in November 2003.

Britney got banned on radio from late 2001 because ClearChannel asked Jive to let them be a sponsor for the Dream Within A Dream Tour and Jive told them they were going with AEG. ClearChannel got pissed off and banned Britney from being played on the radio in retaliation. This lasted from 2001 to 2003, meaning that the singles from Overprotected to Me Against The Music weren't allowed to be played. Slave was getting airplay, but was blacklisted halfway through, which is why it stopped rising on the Billboard Charts and peaked at #27.

47 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

what the actual ****??! :tiffcackle:

sweetie u need to go do some research, her relationship with k-fed encouraged the hate britney was already getting. the cheating rumours with justin, her "party girl" image & the controversy she created made a lot of people especially the media turn against her. do u even know what u are saying 99% of the time? :tiffcackle:

all these headlines were made before britney even dated k-fed

Image result for britney magazine headlines 2003

and her relationship with k-fed only made it worse

i don't see any of these headlines praising her do u? :tiffcackle:

Like I said,  she was not hated

She was scrutinized but never hated

3 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Like I said,  she was not hated

She was scrutinized but never hated

she was overexposed & the gp got sick of it, people disliked her & it was cool to hate on britney, it was much more than just criticism. people don't make articles like that or scream at her "get the **** outta this neighbourhood" because they liked her :tiffcackle: 

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

she was overexposed & the gp got sick of it, people disliked her & it was cool to hate on britney, it was much more than just criticism. people don't make articles like that or scream at her "get the **** outta this neighbourhood" because they liked her :tiffcackle: 

As someone who wasn’t a fan until 2014, I can confirm this. It was cool to hate Britney then, all my friends did :tiffcackle:

Archived