First time watching Crossroads : review

IonutM

So i stanned during Glory era and i never watched Crossroads before . This evening i thought i should give it  try.  It was really cool seeing her that young and ****!I also recognised Mimi(pregnant friend of Brit-Lucy) from Orange is the new black and i like her very much :yay: At the beggining of the movie I thought it's better than everyone says, but in the second half of the film my thoughts changed:yaknow:. I mean , it's not bad by any means but not great, and having Britney there made the movie for me. The plot is not great, montage,kinda cringy sometimes to be honest. But still, i liked it- was a nice film to watch being from B-army. I would like if Britney would play in another movies or star in a tv series more often, it's cool.

And also the ending was cut short :brityeah:. Britney's acting was quite good idk, that's what i think. The other friend of Lucy (Kit i think is her movie name) had worse acting tbh.:blurp:

Soooo what were your thoughts when you first watched it? :mattafact:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a cute little teenage flick. I think people who were really harsh on it back in the day failed to take that into account. But what's funny is that I enjoyed it more watching it recently with a friend of mine than I did when I was younger, so I don't know what that says.

Guest Brichney.

It was in 2001 for God's sake, she filmed it during her Oops era. Old school production, it's a cool film to watch, she definitely made that film which had many future names in it. 

The film is really good tbh, it was directed by Shonda Rhymes (the director behind Greys Anatomy, Scandal etc.) and the budget was 10 million. The critics attacked it for flopping, but it actually earned over 80 million lol, so they earned a **** load compared to what they invested, poor biased hating critics of that era :queenflopga: 

11 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

It was in 2001 for God's sake, she filmed it during her Oops era. Old school production, it's a cool film to watch, she definitely made that film which had many future names in it. 

I thought it was during Britney era? :ponderney: 

It has a simple plot with simple acting because that was the purpose. Britney was an average actress but that was it. For us her fans it was great, I was a child when I watched it for the 1st time so I thought it was GREAT but now I look at it and it's not that much.

The scene in the bathroom broke my heart btw :crying1:

3 hours ago, Dynasty said:

The film is really good tbh, it was directed by Shonda Rhymes (the director behind Greys Anatomy, Scandal etc.) and the budget was 10 million. The critics attacked it for flopping, but it actually earned over 80 million lol, so they earned a **** load compared to what they invested, poor biased hating critics of that era :queenflopga: 

it was released in 2002 but it was filmed the first half of 2001 so almost post-oops

Guest Brichney.
11 hours ago, Dynasty said:

It was RELEASED during Britney Era, was SHOT during OOPS era. :mattafact:

Many of the Britney album songs were meant to be part of the soundtrack for the movie and were actually performed in the film. 

Just now, Brichney. said:

It was RELEASED during Britney Era, was SHOT during OOPS era. :mattafact:

Many of the Britney album songs were meant to be part of the soundtrack for the movie and were actually performed in the film. 

i see :mhm: thanks for explaining

Archived