The Ultimate Cringe Thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Passionfruit said:

You are different. You know the difference between her private life and her carrer. I know you want the best for her. Constructive criticism is good. 

I'm never going to leave her lol. She's given me a lifetime of joy with her music and nobody can take that away but it's just baffling that these mistakes consistently happen.

You would think her team would learn, but it's like they live in a bubble and block out any negative reaction. I understand Britney is under a conservatorship and needs to have herself and her assets looked after, but why does everything have to be such a mystery?

I'm glad that Israel interview touched on more than the basic "I'm excited to be here" spiel, but jeez Britney it wouldn't kill you to throw us a few more bones every now and then.

Glory Interview:

"What are some of your favorite songs on the new album?"

"Well, I really love Make Me because it's chill and not so poppy so I wanted it to be the first single :giggleney: um ya"

:meltdown: 

12 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If you were an old-school Britney fan you'd be able to recognize them yourself. :ponderney:

Oh honey don't try me with the "old-school britney fan" cause i've know her since OIDIA and been a fan since "BRITNEY", and i don't fancy currentney but still i'm here. 

:whitney:

I want people here to start adressing that someone or thread that bother them and start discussing about it

:shameless:

13 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Tell me baby, cause I need to know now, oh becasuse... :whitney:

Okay, let me put it this way...

There seems to be a lot of fans on here who aren't Britney's age (e.g. in their 30's), and who weren't old enough to appreciate what Britney was going through between 2004 and 2007 at the time she was going through it. They seem to look back on that time as some kind of novelty, because it produced Original Doll and Chaotic, etc.

The entire tone of this site has changed. It's the same threads over and over. And half the threads have a belittling tone to them. Which I understand -- her team builds the fan base up, just to let them down time and time again. That's her team's fault, not Britney's -- but it gets put onto Britney because she's the public face of her brand.

As for "faux fans," I'm not going to name specific threads, because I'm not out to start fights with individual members who created the posts. But watch for it yourself -- you'll start to notice once you actually start to watch for it. :mhmnod:

1 minute ago, Andrew338 said:

Oh honey don't try me with the "old-school britney fan" cause i've know her since OIDIA and been a fan since "BRITNEY", and i don't fancy currentney but still i'm here. 

:whitney:

I want people here to start adressing that someone or thread that bother them and start discussing about it

:shameless:

Oh, honey. I'm not here to pick fights and bully individual people. Maybe that's why you like this site, but it's not why I'm here. :brityawning:

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Okay, let me put it this way...

There seems to be a lot of fans on here who aren't Britney's age (e.g. in their 30's), and who weren't old enough to appreciate what Britney was going through between 2004 and 2007 at the time she was going through it. They seem to look back on that time as some kind of novelty, because it produced Original Doll and Chaotic, etc.

The entire tone of this site has changed. It's the same threads over and over. And half the threads have a belittling tone to them. Which I understand -- her team builds the fan base up, just to let them down time and time again. That's her team's fault, not Britney's -- but it gets put onto Britney because she's the public face of her brand.

As for "faux fans," I'm not going to name specific threads, because I'm not out to start fights with individual members who created the posts. But watch for your yourself -- you'll start to notice once you actually start to watch for it. :mhmnod:

Ive been a fan since i was very young and when Britney was going through her breakdown I would've been 10 so your right there, i probably didn't fully understand it at the time but don't assume because Britney has younger fans than her they don't understand what she was going through:whitney: there are some dumbasses on here that think her breakdown is "iconic" but im not one of them :whitney:

Also not everything to do with her career is her teams fault, don't be so delusional :whitney:

6 minutes ago, Toxin said:

while this thread isn't my taste in entirely..the thread seems pretty docile. unless people are specifically talking about her and her mental health or something, there shouldnt be a problem.. as an artist shes not that entertaining and well, nothings going on right now...lol my opinion is people should be pretty entitled to speak about what they want but its the wackos who decide to really go in on britney that should be coined "non-fans" lol

Exactly. As fans we can talk about her career all we want. We’re not insulting her or making fun of her mental health. We just want Britney to be better and give constructive criticism.

Obviously this thread isn’t constructive, it’s just for fun lol.

1 minute ago, Toxin said:

while this thread isn't my taste in entirely..the thread seems pretty docile. unless people are specifically talking about her and her mental health or something, there shouldnt be a problem.. as an artist shes not that entertaining and well, nothings going on right now...lol my opinion is people should be pretty entitled to speak about what they want but its the wackos who decide to really go in on britney that should be coined "non-fans" lol

I'll agree with that. And I could name a few cringey moments myself. 

But holy smokes. I barely come here any more because it just seems like constant complaining. It makes me wonder why people hang out here, unless they're just here for the drama? :umwtf:

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Ive been a fan since i was very young and when Britney was going through her breakdown I would've been 10 so your right there, i probably didn't fully understand it at the time but don't assume because Britney has younger fans than her they don't understand what she was going through:whitney: there are some dumbasses on here that think her breakdown is "iconic" but im not one of them :whitney:

Also not everything to do with her career is her teams fault, don't be so delusional :whitney:

Well, I was 30 when she was going through it. And it was pretty upsetting to witness. :whitney: So I guess I give her more leeway when it comes to cringey moments. Or maybe just have a higher threshold for what I consider cringey.

Do I think her knee taps are cringey? :whitney: Of course. Do I think her fixing her hair every two seconds is cringey? :whitney: You bet.

Do I think her breakdown is iconic? :whitney: Not for a second.

...But is Blackout still the best album in her catalogue? 100%. :whitney: 

Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

Well, I was 30 when she was going through it. And it was pretty upsetting to witness. :whitney: So I guess I give her more leeway when it comes to cringey moments. Or maybe just have a higher threshold for what I consider cringey.

Do I think her knee taps are cringey? :whitney: Of course. Do I think her fixing her hair every two seconds is cringey? :whitney: You bet.

Do I think her breakdown is iconic? :whitney: Not for a second.

...But is Blackout still the best album in her catalogue? 100%. :whitney: 

It doesn't matter when you witnessed it, ive seen the paparazzi clips and the images of her crying and looking so lost, its always gonna be upsetting no matter when you witnessed it :whitney: i don't know why this thread has been taken so seriously, yeah she went through some **** so do we all but you have to learn to laugh at yourself and with others otherwise you lead a pretty depressing life. 

Also ITZ is a better album with blackout a close second but again that's personal preference 

Archived