The Ultimate Cringe Thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/6/2017 at 8:24 PM, BaenjBitch said:

This is so mean and hurtful... It seriously makes me want to cry that this thread even exists in a Britney Spears "fan" forum.  She has been through soooo much. It's honestly a miracle she's even alive. What happened to her has really had an impact on how much easier it is now  for celebrities to deflect media attention when they're going through things and heal properly. 

Why do we have to tear her down like this? She finally seems like she's getting better and she's happy with herself. I feel like good things are to come after Vegas ends but why should she want to continue her career if it's always gonna be the same **** she's dealt with since the beginning and now it's coming from her own fans. How does a person cope with that? 
She may not read this... or she might but it's certainly accessible to her is she so chooses and I think this would break her heart.  :brityeah:

Sometimes things here are soooo over dramatized. I have so many friends who aren't even Britney fans who have gone to Vegas and said the show was amazing!!! My high school geography teacher won tickets and went (he is the opposite of a fan!) and said that the show was really good.

I understand that people are frustrated with her but there may be underlying factors to her inconsistency and performance level that we don't know about and have no right to know. There are so many possibilities.  Just think about if you'd want to see someone say these things about you before you type them.

C'mon guys...be constructive but don't be unnecessarily cruel :britstare11:

Completely agree, wise words. 

cef900e9cc790dbbd2eafec70693013d.gif

She is brave and a survivor.

1 minute ago, Passionfruit said:

Completely agree, wise words. 

cef900e9cc790dbbd2eafec70693013d.gif

She is brave and a survivor.

A survivor? Seriously? :tiffcackle:

She has it a lot better than most people. Yes, she dealt with issues in the public eye, but a lot of people deal with even tougher **** in private. And she had the money and resources to get help

:tiffcackle:

9 minutes ago, ohoney said:

They are NOT being mean since they are NOT insulting her in any way, they are sharing funny and cringy moments that she had (and we all have in our lives). :sassybrit:

These people insult her all the time, judging her in a bad and mean way, making fun of her darkest days and her PRIVATE life, like her marriages, relationships, motherhood, gestures, breathing, even her existence. They are waiting like prey birds to the first thread to critizise and make fun of her "mistakes". She isn't even living in the past; so, what are these people are waiting for? Sad. That's a fact. At least she is moving forward, fighting her demons just like the rest of us, and trying to live her life in the BEST possible way.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:24 PM, BaenjBitch said:

This is so mean and hurtful... It seriously makes me want to cry that this thread even exists in a Britney Spears "fan" forum.  She has been through soooo much. It's honestly a miracle she's even alive. What happened to her has really had an impact on how much easier it is now  for celebrities to deflect media attention when they're going through things and heal properly. 

Why do we have to tear her down like this? She finally seems like she's getting better and she's happy with herself. I feel like good things are to come after Vegas ends but why should she want to continue her career if it's always gonna be the same **** she's dealt with since the beginning and now it's coming from her own fans. How does a person cope with that? 
She may not read this... or she might but it's certainly accessible to her is she so chooses and I think this would break her heart.  :brityeah:

Sometimes things here are soooo over dramatized. I have so many friends who aren't even Britney fans who have gone to Vegas and said the show was amazing!!! My high school geography teacher won tickets and went (he is the opposite of a fan!) and said that the show was really good.

I understand that people are frustrated with her but there may be underlying factors to her inconsistency and performance level that we don't know about and have no right to know. There are so many possibilities.  Just think about if you'd want to see someone say these things about you before you type them.

C'mon guys...be constructive but don't be unnecessarily cruel :britstare11:

I get the feeling there aren't many fans left on here that were fans pre-2007.  They don't have an awareness of what it was like to wake up each morning and have to check X17 to see what kind of horrible things had gone on while everyone else was sleeping.  :(

2 hours ago, Passionfruit said:

These people insult her all the time, judging her in a bad and mean way, making fun of her darkest days and her PRIVATE life, like her marriages, relationships, motherhood, gestures, breathing, even her existence. They are waiting like prey birds to the first thread to critizise and make fun of her "mistakes". She isn't even living in the past; so, what are these people are waiting for? Sad. That's a fact. At least she is moving forward, fighting her demons just like the rest of us, and trying to live her life in the BEST possible way.

Who is insulting or judging her?

Am I wrong for being pissed that she consistently scraps good music, visuals and choreography that can actually help her career instead of the safe and generic path it's been on since 2009?

Am I wrong for being upset that she lacks motivation?

I support every single thing this woman does. I've bought every album, I request her singles, I still look forward to the next era after having high hopes that she confirms only to be sourly dissapointed when "it just didn't work".

That was the last straw. The fact that she's just living it up in Hawaii on vacation for performing 3 times a week and then scraps a highly anticipated music video that she was teasing for weeks, only to give us some mediocre last minute visual for her best lead single since Gimme More. Do you think that's fair?

Do you think it's ok that she stays silent on the entire thing, **** the fans I just wanna tan on the beach? That her team could care even less and just tells us that "it didn't work, bai".

No, I'm tired of it. 3 scrapped albums, more than a handful of scrapped videos, 2004 is alive and well in rehearsals and then she goes into RuPaul's closet, steals a wig and can't be arsed to perform the choreography right or it's going to fall off. She becomes stiff when it actually counts.

Where's her input? Where's her creativity or spark? It's frustrating. But oh well, I'M STILL HERE. :flawlessbye:

10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Am I wrong for being pissed that she consistently scraps good music, visuals and choreography that can actually help her career instead of the safe and generic path it's been on since 2009?

I support every single thing this woman does. I've bought every album, I request her singles, I still look forward to the next era after having high hopes that she confirms only to be sourly dissapointed when "it just didn't work".

That was the last straw. The fact that she's just living it up in Hawaii on vacation for performing 3 times a week and then scraps a highly anticipated music video that she was teasing for weeks, only to give us some mediocre last minute visual for her best lead single since Gimme More. Do you think that's fair?

Do you think it's ok that she stays silent on the entire thing, **** the fans I just wanna tan on the beach? That her team could care even less and just tells us that "it didn't work, bai".

No, I'm tired of it. 3 scrapped albums, more than a handful of scrapped videos, 2004 is alive and well in rehearsals and then she goes into RuPaul's closet, steals a wig and can't be arsed to perform the choreography right or it's going to fall off. She becomes stiff when it actually counts.

Where's her input? Where's her creativity or spark? It's frustrating. But oh well, I'M STILL HERE. :flawlessbye:

Agreed! I don't understand the point of this thread?? :weirdmeout:  I wouldn't say that its mean.. just makes no sense why we have to talk about her stage fails?? I'm more frustrated by her and her teams actions when it comes to promotion of music/videos/exec decisions.. not her falling out weaves and off key dance moves.. I could care less. I've been a fan since 98 so I've been through it.. lol I just say Oh Britney :zoomzoom:  and move on with my life. I don't have to sit and nitpick on all her flaws. But careless decisions by her and her team is what pisses me off. :nyschool: I mean come on she's winding down as a performer and we know  it... so I just let it be

24 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

A survivor? Seriously? :tiffcackle:

She has it a lot better than most people. Yes, she dealt with issues in the public eye, but a lot of people deal with even tougher **** in private. And she had the money and resources to get help

:tiffcackle:

Depression and mental health problems don't discriminate against anyone and neither should we. Money is not everything, you don't know her, me neither. We don't even know what really happened in her life. So some people should stop judging her :tiffcackle: and get help asap.

5 minutes ago, Passionfruit said:

Depression and mental health problems don't discriminate against anyone and neither should we. Money is not everything, you don't know her, me neither. We don't even know what really happened in her life. So some people should stop judging her :tiffcackle: and get help asap.

You just said stop judging then told me to get help :tiffcackle:

Maybe you should take your own advice, hypocrite :tiffcackle:

37 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You are different. You know the difference between her private life and her carrer. I know you want the best for her. Constructive criticism is good. 

3 hours ago, Passionfruit said:

Who are "these people"?

:whitney:

Start tagging and take responsibility, the problem here is that everyone likes to start complaining but no ones adresses anyone.

:whitney:

Tag the people whose comment you don't like and discuss hun, and stop bitching about nameless demons

38 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Weren't you saying on another thread that she cares about her fans?

I said she's kind to her fans. This example has to do more with her actual career. She puts something out there for everyone to see and hype over, and then just blacks it all out as if it never existed. And nobody can ask her about it because she's guarded 24/7.

6 minutes ago, Toxin said:

pretty sure most people who are criticizing her today are fans since 1999 which i am..so, i think i speak on a lot of people when i say britney is in a better place now and thats cool but that doesnt mean we cant talk about her "public" moments. theyre just that.. public lol? there are things i will agree on and things i wont agree on but it was a very bad time knowing and seeing what would creep up in the papers/tabloids/news outlets.
long story short..what does your comment have to do with people posting cringy moments? :paper:

I don't know...Most people on here don't seem like actual fans to me. I can tell by the topics on a lot of the threads. :sickofu:

Archived