Britney Spears Reportedly Wants To Extend Piece Of Me Through 2019

Jordan Miller

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Oh God... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! :meltdown:

The Vegas residency has killed her career and her relevance in pop music. Britney's boring, zombie-like performances and total lack of promo were killing her career before Vegas, but Vegas helped put the last nail into the coffin of her career as a current pop-star. Now, Britney is actually producing GOOD music, she's giving us some promo, and her performance skills and personality have improved, but most people have given up on her and no one is buying her stuff anymore. She's totally relying on her legacy to sell her Vegas shows, but you can only rely on 20 year old material for so long before that gets old too. As a pop star, she's dead if she doesn't produce any current hits. And as for the residency, has anyone looked at it's ticket sales? She hasn't had a sold-out show since early 2014!! She's only been selling about half of the theater! Is POM really THAT good for her or Planet Hollywood (in terms of money)?

Honestly, at this point, it's clear that Britney doesn't care anymore. She hasn't cared for a really long time. I don't think she's interested in touring or being a famous pop star. But if she is, she is doing it all wrong.... Vegas isn't the answer.

I hate that they refuse to find a healthy medium between massive overexposed pop star and hiding in Vegas/never discussing new music in interviews. No one else with anywhere near her legacy would destroy it. 

Why do you think that she can't sell out arenas? I mean, yes... She's not "successful" right now but with a proper promo and good singles (No more crap videos like Make Me's) she can sell out or fill +50% of an arena. And she's still Britney Spears, she may not sell tickets as before but there are a lot of people who would go to her shows only because it's Britney. Look at POM ticket sales, a lot of people are not fans of her.

I know that a lot of you don't know who Robbie Williams is, but without even counting the USA, he still sell out arenas and stadiums almost everywhere he goes and he's not even as successful as he was 10 years ago. But he works his *** off promoting his album and tours. He was EVERYWHERE in the UK and other European countries when his album was released back in November. And then he took a month off in January because all the promo was done. Oh and in only 4 weeks, his album sold more than Glory (released in August).

She can go on tour and sell out shows if she want it. But she's too lazy to do it. I feel that she wants to stay in Vegas because it's easy for her and the kids. She doens't want to be a pop star anymore (well, since 08) :nochillbrit:

26 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I hate that they refuse to find a healthy medium between massive overexposed pop star and hiding in Vegas/never discussing new music in interviews. No one else with anywhere near her legacy would destroy it. 

This. They need to find a balance between the two sides. None of us wants the 07/08 back and we are all happy because Vegas helped her A LOT but she can't hide in Vegas forever singing her old hits while her career/legacy is destroyed. 

2 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

I hate to be that person, but WTF!?

I loved that she did Vegas, and I think it was great. But if we find out that she's extending it tomorrow, I just don't know what to think.

Glory was an amazing album, but instead of promoting it, she promoted Piece of Me. And now it will be another 2 years?

I just want an album release without Vegas. She doesn't know how to do both. And on top of that, she's going to have the same show? Isn't she bored of it yet? UGH!

MTE she actually looks bored, if she's gonna do 2 more years she really needs to change everything cause people are gonna stop going. Now that i think about vegas was a blessing and a curse. I was pro vegas since it started but hearing her say that she's spoiled... it ****** everything up, she's in a comfort zone and doesn't want to leave. That has been her problem since her comeback, she's strong, beautiful, get out there!!! You can do more!!!! She's talented and has so much potential and has a voice that she can use to do better things... it frustrates me. I've never complained before, this is a first.

Go, go, go!

1 hour ago, JJones12992 said:

Why are people even obsessing over her? The picture is weird af, looks like she's trying to summon the Illuminati. When Britney posts weird things at least you know she's not being serious... Beyonce just tries too hard. Also, it seems she gets more attention from her pregnancies than her actual music... 

A lot of promo! Larry needs to learn something about that. He used to do it with Britney in the past, but in a honest way, Buyoncé is not honest, she overrated. 

6 hours ago, joe sp said:

Britney to international fans :arianabye:

That´s ok gurl, I´ll take a couple of years to save some money and when Trump leaves the white house I´ll go see you (If I´m still alive by then :nicki2:)

Celine announced some European dates, so it's possible Britney could do the same for Europe and Asia during the summer :forkit:

If this is true, then I'm done being a stan and will just be a casual fan. :byebitch:

I'm still a huge Britney stan... and POM was an excellent starting point to get her back to being comfortable to perform again... but NOW it's time to leave there.  POM is making her too comfortable (and bored) and the fact she was vocal during the UK promo interviews that it was a wake up call performing in front of people actually paying attention to her vs. the constantly intoxicated audience at POM, shows that her POM audience is not giving her the energy/drive that she would get in a world tour with an audience full of non-drunk people.  She needs a new choreographer,  new marketing team, and new world tour, and new UNIQUE performances for TV/Award shows (vs. performing recycled routines from POM).  The VMAs was a great start of that... and I hope they continue to drive from that.  I really hope this news is false. Not because I personally don't like POM anymore, but because I don't feel it's doing her any good anymore... she should be challenging herself more just like the old Brit would.  :sassybrit:

Archived