Time to stop blaming her team, designers, choreographers, directors, makeup artists etc

Antidote

22 minutes ago, austsilva said:

I hate when you people say she's been doing so many interviews and promo promo promo. But almost nothing has been said about glory. And when she talked about it on jonathon Ross they cut it because they didn't want her talking about her conservatorship. & when Larry talks about her he talks so lax like she's still as popular as she was in 2003. He doesn't think she needs to do anything extra but the Britney Spears brand has been tarnished. They have a lot of work to do if they want her to be successful on the charts and Britney herself said she wants to be on top of the charts. Yes some of what's wrong falls on her but A LOT of it is her teams fault. Britney Spears doesn't mean what It did in 2003 or even 2011 for that matter. She needs some serious rebranding but her team doesn't see it. They are all at fault because they're all lazy and don't want to give her any drive to do more. They do anything to save a coin and it shows. If thy want results they have to put in time and MONEY. 

IA. Her team needs to invest more time and money on Britney, and also push her harder. I feel like they cuddle her too much and are afraid to offend her. Either they are out of touch with reality or just ignoring the fact that Britney's whole career and image is an outdated mess since 2008.

I like what you said, she needs to rebrand herself.

That whole lipsync dancing barbie queen doesn't work in today's market anymore. It's not 2005. No one even wears the headset mic anymore, I guess artists are scared that it's associated with lipsyncing and they will get accused. Look, lbr Britney will NEVER EVER sing live again. I'm not saying she shouldn't lipsync, but a little prerecord won't hurt would it? Get her some new choreograpers, someone who knows more than arm flapping, then get her *** to the dance studio 8 hours a day, 4 days a week.

Britney's music has evolved. Her image, however, has not. It gets boring seeing the same thing over and over since 2003.

It's partially Britney's fault because I'm sorry to say this but she has tacky taste :moorangu: but that's where her team enters the picture, like you said, it's also her team's fault for not being direct with her and just straight up tell her: "Britney, sparkly yellow swimsuits are not good on you or anyone and lipsyncing to CD vocals  from 1999 are not fooling anyone. Never had, never will." 

Someone in her team needs to get it together and tell it like it is to Britney cus I think homegirl legit doesn't know what her standing is to everyone's opinion of her. She prob thinks she's cool and fly af. Someone just has to lay it nicely infront of her without being too harsh, that maybe she needs some tweaking and "updating."

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

IA. Her team needs to invest more time and money on Britney, and also push her harder. I feel like they cuddle her too much and are afraid to offend her. Either they are out of touch with reality or just ignoring the fact that Britney's whole career and image is an outdated mess since 2008.

That whole lipsync dancing barbie queen doesn't work in today's market anymore. It's not 2005. No one even wears the headset mic anymore, I guess artists are scared that it's associated with lipsyncing and they will get accused. Look, lbr Britney will NEVER EVER sing live again. I'm not saying she shouldn't lipsync, but a little prerecord won't hurt would it? Get her some new choreograpers, someone who knows more than arm flapping, then get her *** to the dance studio 8 hours a day, 4 days a week.

Britney's music has evolved. Her image, however, has not. It gets boring seeing the same thing over and over since 2003.

It's partially Britney's fault because I'm sorry to say this but she has tacky taste :moorangu: but that's where her team enters the picture, like you said, it's also her team's fault for not being direct with her and just straight up tell her: "Britney, sparkly yellow swimsuits are not good on you or anyone and lipsyncing to CD vocals  from 1999 are not fooling anyone. Never had, never will." 

Someone in her team needs to get it together and tell it like it is to Britney cus I think homegirl legit doesn't know what her standing is to everyone's opinion of her. She prob thinks she's cool and fly af. Someone just has to lay it nicely infront of her without being too harsh, that maybe she needs some tweaking and "updating."

I agree with everything you said here.

The funny thing is...there are times when she DOES look cool and fly af. And it's all the times that her team isn't involved in her styling:

- V Magazine shoot
- Marie Claire shoot
- Flaunt Magazine shoot

AND...

- Original MM video and shoot

2 hours ago, Froot said:

I disagree, although I kinda get your point. But if she didn't want original Make Me she wouldn't shoot some scenes. If she did have that much control You spoke of she would speak her mind while creating whole concept for the video. 

But with dancing and singing I can see it happening. She is too shy and embarassed singing live and she changes very often original choreographies. 

3o7TKK6GR1d7KBtdwA.gif 

Didn't you see the post here? She said her team was responsable of everything from Circus to this era, right now you can see that she has more freedom and it's notorious but that doesn't mean 99% of what she's doing is her decision lmao, she's stil in a conservatorship don't be ridiculous 

11 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

Another issue is Britney is super out of touch with today's world. She hardly listens to any new music she always only references 80's music 90's music and then a Selena Gomez name drop here and there. She's not with today's current trends . She's stuck in the early 2000's

2 hours ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

You really think that Britney is in charge when Legally she can't signature anything? Legally she is like a child who depends of her Father. 

Larry Rudolph is literally killing her career right now. All her team is a Mess. 

Her Creative Team (Silent House is the worst **** ever, but of course she is stuck with them because somebody of Silent House work for BTeam too) 

Her Makeup Artist this era at least is better, but a few years ago (Remeber X Factor? What a Mess) 

Her choreographer is bad, sorry, Britney Spears is a Dancer, and they hire the choreographer of Megan Trainor really? And now her choreographer is her own dancers :sofedup:

Larry and her Label already are scrapped 2 music videos (Perfume and the worst was Make Me) and sorry maybe Britney liked Iggy, but if you're a good manager you NEVER will make you A list artist featured in a Song & MV Video with the MOST HATED person in the Music Industry that year aka Iggy Azalea.

Britney of course have guilty on all this Mess, but right now she give her best she can, her Body is Fire, she made a AMAZING Album, and her Performance (even with the bad Choreo, are her best since 2004), the only people who is making this era Flop is her Management & Creative Team. 

This

24 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I agree with everything you said here.

The funny thing is...there are times when she DOES look cool and fly af. And it's all the times that her team isn't involved in her styling:

- V Magazine shoot
- Marie Claire shoot
- Flaunt Magazine shoot

AND...

- Original MM video and shoot

Thank you for understanding what I mean. :plzney:

I didn't mean to imply that I don't think she's cool or fly af. Ofc, I love her personality and everything about her. But we are talking about Britney, I think she needs the right people and right guidance when it comes to overall image and how she projects herself to the public. Someone who can channel her goofiness and quirkiness and transform that into something, well, presentable you know? :yaknow: She's like a child with lots of fun and crazy bright ideas, but she just needs an adult to guide her and help her materialise those ideas into a nice and current reality.

And yeah the iconique V magazine and the new Original Doll Make Me first video are both painfully stunning and just amazeballs. You can tell she had a different creative team around her for those specific projects :wendycry:

Oh well, let's pray to the gods that either Britney rebrands her image herself or gets a whole new team to guide her to her goals. 

23 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

Another issue is Britney is super out of touch with today's world. She hardly listens to any new music she always only references 80's music 90's music and then a Selena Gomez name drop here and there. She's not with today's current trends . She's stuck in the early 2000's

Ikr :wendycry:

Don't get me wrong, I love her and all, but if I was her friend I would make her a list of what she's doing versus what she should be doing.

I mean, isn't she surrounded by gay men. Shouldn't they be helping her with suggestions and ideas that are current with regards to hair, make up, costumes etc.? What is a gay friend for if you're not gonna use the benefits of having one? :queenie:

She needs to look at her contemporaries to see what's up. I don't mean plagiarize like Gaga and Bey. I think she was lowkey jealous of Rihanna at the VMAs. I think in her head she was thinking "Damn I should've done that and worn pink" and she would've slayed that performance.

She is stuck in 2005. Someone in her team needs to bring her up to date. 

29 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

I disagree britney knows what's up for the most part musically as she has very good music taste and also her sons help keep her updated on the state of music today. I mean she was the one dying to go urban before urban music exploded again pre 2013. She knows what's up in that sense at least

100% correct

at the end of the day, its on britney to push herself and demand more of herself. of course her team and handlers want her to excel, THEY WANT MORE MONEY, they want the public to love her. of course they want her to sing and dance harder. britney needs to want it herself. period.

brian friedman in FF era is proof that when choreographers try to challenge her, she doesn't want to do it, she just wants a watered down, easy version of the choreography. yes its gotten better recently, but its still far from what she could achieve if she actually cared more.

this isn't a dig at britney. if she's satisfied with her current level and relevance, thats fine with me, ill love her and support her regardless. but this tendency for fans here to blame every single person EXCEPT britney is complete bullshit. yeah sometimes certain choreos aren't the strongest, sometimes her makeup isn't great, and sometimes her performances lack creativity. but guess what - britney herself has the power to change those things if she invested more into her career. but she doesn't. stop blaming all her shortcomings on other ppl.

1 hour ago, Cecig said:

She said herself she had no control over past albums, how many times her label didn't let her do things?

With the C-ship she can't legally decide about her career, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like it (she even said it in that british interview which HER TEAM cut).

Where she said that? it was just a tweet from a random stan, there's no proof, the cship is just a legal status, she's doing everything she want, she's in vegas because she was tired of touring, she's wearing everything she wants on stage, she's doing what she wants, all the "Britney is a kid on cage" is just fanfiction.

2 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

lmfao she's the one that buying clothes in Walmart even tho she has million billion dollars :sofedup: if something is cheap thats probably her idea and fault 

This.

she's in charge and not everything is her team/choreographer/etc's fault. But it seems like something always falls through the cracks. She needs someone to fine tune or carry out Britney's vision cohesively/make it not look cheap- a good creative director, a Karen Kwak for live performances, videos, and choreo. 

Like the video could've been executed better- I could make that as a student, Randee's a pro with money and a crew

but the era isn't bad at all except that! It's great, the album and personality back more than make up for it

10 minutes ago, Antidote said:

Where she said that? it was just a tweet from a random stan, there's no proof, the cship is just a legal status, she's doing everything she want, she's in vegas because she was tired of touring, she's wearing everything she wants on stage, she's doing what she wants, all the "Britney is a kid on cage" is just fanfiction.

This.

It wasn't a tweet from a random stan it was a bunch of tweets from people at the taping that confirmed everything else that happened in the interview. Don't be blind and don't be stupid. It's clear that a lot of what's happened with Britney since the breakdown in regard to her career have been things she has not wanted to do. 

51 minutes ago, Antidote said:

there's no proof, the cship is just a legal status, she's doing everything she want

I've seen you post this opinion since the FF era but have never seen you post a shred of evidence to support what you're saying.

I often wonder if you work for Larry, Lou Taylor or the conservatorship lawyers in some capacity because your statements seem to always be either defending her team or promoting the "glossy" version of products they're pimping.

1 hour ago, David Rose said:

100% correct

at the end of the day, its on britney to push herself and demand more of herself. of course her team and handlers want her to excel, THEY WANT MORE MONEY, they want the public to love her. of course they want her to sing and dance harder. britney needs to want it herself. period.

brian friedman in FF era is proof that when choreographers try to challenge her, she doesn't want to do it, she just wants a watered down, easy version of the choreography. yes its gotten better recently, but its still far from what she could achieve if she actually cared more.

this isn't a dig at britney. if she's satisfied with her current level and relevance, thats fine with me, ill love her and support her regardless. but this tendency for fans here to blame every single person EXCEPT britney is complete bullshit. yeah sometimes certain choreos aren't the strongest, sometimes her makeup isn't great, and sometimes her performances lack creativity. but guess what - britney herself has the power to change those things if she invested more into her career. but she doesn't. stop blaming all her shortcomings on other ppl.

This

I honestly hate those fans blaming her team all the time

4 hours ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

You really think that Britney is in charge when Legally she can't signature anything? Legally she is like a child who depends of her Father. 

Larry Rudolph is literally killing her career right now. All her team is a Mess. 

Her Creative Team (Silent House is the worst **** ever, but of course she is stuck with them because somebody of Silent House work for BTeam too) 

Her Makeup Artist this era at least is better, but a few years ago (Remeber X Factor? What a Mess) 

Her choreographer is bad, sorry, Britney Spears is a Dancer, and they hire the choreographer of Megan Trainor really? And now her choreographer is her own dancers :sofedup:

Larry and her Label already are scrapped 2 music videos (Perfume and the worst was Make Me) and sorry maybe Britney liked Iggy, but if you're a good manager you NEVER will make you A list artist featured in a Song & MV Video with the MOST HATED person in the Music Industry that year aka Iggy Azalea.

Britney of course have guilty on all this Mess, but right now she give her best she can, her Body is Fire, she made a AMAZING Album, and her Performance (even with the bad Choreo, are her best since 2004), the only people who is making this era Flop is her Management & Creative Team. 

Did you read the  Joseph Kahn  interview? he says that Britney didn't like the Toxic video. Britney had a lot of annotations and she wanted some cuts; after her the marriage scandals Britney's label told him to finish the video as soon as possible ignoring Britney.

But that was in 2004.

In 2016 if she dont like something they can't ignore her, because she's in charge and If she don't a video they scrapped the video or the original concept changes (WB, Perfume, MM) 

qx3oux.jpg

Archived