Time to stop blaming her team, designers, choreographers, directors, makeup artists etc

Antidote

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

I just don't get how ******* Fifth Harmony has the same managers and label yet they give them more budget/promotion/radio deals even though their album sold less than Glory. Sometimes I do think Britney or her dad is at fault for all the mistakes and wrong decisions.

:cricket:

I honestly think they want Glory to fail so that they can go back to pushing club bangers out of her.

And yes, I think her dad has much more say over her career than fans realize.

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I honestly think they want Glory to fail so that they can go back to pushing club bangers out of her.

And yes, I think her dad has much more say over her career than fans realize.

I thought of that too they want the project to fail so they can go back to micromanaging everything 100%.

Well that would be very stupid indeed going for club bangers because that is NOT whats on trend musically right now. Right now it's all about r&b infused pop, tropical influences (sorry, hotline bling, side to side). That's probably the only reason their hands were forced and didn't get to push another edm BJ level bomb.

Even now with her getting "her way" Larry still made it a point to insert dated clunkers like Clumsy and Liar. They didn't let her go all of the way with an urban sound. They barely let her skim the surface (MoodRing) because they're afraid of losing part of her fan base. When actually it could've been the most interesting thing she's done in years if she would've pulled off an Anti or Lemonade. The reaction she got once Moodring leaked proves that.

In my mind they already have the 10th album planned and it will heavily involve Max Martin and Dr.Luke - despite musical trends- and she'll have minimal input again. I hope they don't get rid of Karen Kwak she has been the saving grace of this era.

17 minutes ago, blue.monopoly said:

I thought of that too they want the project to fail so they can go back to micromanaging everything 100%.

Well that would be very stupid indeed going for club bangers because that is NOT whats on trend musically right now. Right now it's all about r&b infused pop, tropical influences (sorry, hotline bling, side to side). That's probably the only reason their hands were forced and didn't get to push another edm BJ level bomb.

Even now with her getting "her way" Larry still made it a point to insert dated clunkers like Clumsy and Liar. They didn't let her go all of the way with an urban sound. They barely her letter skim the surface (MoodRing) because they're afraid of losing part of her fan base. When actually it could've been the most interesting thing she's done in years if she would've pulled off an Anti or Lemonade. The reaction she got once Moodring leaked proves that.

In my mind they already have the 10th album planned and it will heavily involve Max Martin and Dr.Luke - despite musical trends- and she'll have minimal input again. I hope they don't get rid of Karen Kwak she has been the saving grace of this era.

Agreed. 100%.

...If they get rid of Karen Kwak for B10 it will crush her soul... :kidcries: ...which is exactly what I imagine happened leading up to the release of FF.

To be honest Antidote, I agree with you. Or people will say she doesn't dance like before because she is forced not to? LOL

Don't you guys think there is a lot of amazing choreographers wants to work with her and whatever team of professional people wants to work with her..?

Hold it against choreography the real one was 800% better.

She just doesn't want to. She is tired of it. And as bad and weird as it sounds I think Britney is just doing it to get more dollars and I think it's pathetic. Being and entertainer is putting lot of passion into it. To entertain, to make people feel like they are blown away.. And she just doesn't deliver that anymore. I love her but I'm tired of her not really giving it all for what she ONCE loved to do.

I would prefer that she drops the media once and for all.

There's more into it but I really won't go any further.

1 hour ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

we are the only ones to blame. her fans don't support her anymore.

Don't want to sound rude. But she basically pushed her fans away

As far as the OP it is her team's job to surround her with the best and let her chose from there. Yet they consistently surround her with the worst makeup artists & hairstylists until recently, the worst designers, mediocre creative team (Silent House). She barely knows some of these people's names I doubt she is personally requesting the services of "esteemed" designers like Marco Marco when she clearly disliked a lot of his designs in that BJ special. I assume it's more like Britney says "hey I want some new costumes" and her team calls up Marco Marco instead of calling up dsquared or some cool stylist because they cost $$$. They surround her with these people and she is a people pleaser.

Britney spilling the beans was eye opening. Clearly her father has a lot more control and say than any of us ever imagined. He's on the sets of videos, in meetings, and most likely at the helm of a lot of the budget used outside of what RCA gives her team. Which is a shame because he clearly has no experience in the music business and knows **** about artistry and it shows.

1 hour ago, blue.monopoly said:

Britney spilling the beans was eye opening. Clearly her father has a lot more control and say than any of us ever imagined. He's on the sets of videos, in meetings, and most likely at the helm of a lot of the budget used outside of what RCA gives her team. Which is a shame because he clearly has no experience in the music business and knows **** about artistry and it shows.

Jamie is the President of almost 15 different corporations...all of which Britney used to helm.

Look at the mailing address on all of them...The mail goes straight to Lou M. Taylor:

https://www.corporationwiki.com/Tennessee/Brentwood/james-p-spears/43452728.aspx

Guest Days with Destiny
9 hours ago, fanman08 said:

Baseless claim. 

Shes been controlled for years. You think she's in control 99% :quirkney:

its a combination of her and her team, that's all we can say. Both need to improve 

THIS! It isn't just B's fault or her team's fault; it's some sort of combination. Britney was MASSIVELY involved as a young artist. She's the one who came up with the concept for the "Baby One More Time" video and had input in so many things. Back then, even she has said herself, she was fearless. This made her innovative. I think that since Circus that she's come to rely on her team more and more to help her make decisions. She gave up some control to get back in the game, and now I think that there is some level of comfort with that lack of control. She isn't a 21-year-old who's sole job is entertaining the masses anymore; her perspective has changed and her level of engagement has as well. I think that Glory was beneficial and indicative of her taking more control back. 

Even though she has been in control this era too, you cannot discount the fact that certain things are beyond her control. For whatever reason Britney, her team AND her record label decided not to use the original "Make Me" visual. It's not fair to blame her solely for the decision to not use the video, because CLEARLY her label agreed that, for whatever reason, it was better to scrap an expensive visual for the sake of reshooting it. That's not a decision that the artist makes on her own. 

So, long story short you can hold Britney responsible, but it's not only her fault, just like it's not only her team's fault... 

• Super Mods

Some longtime fan you are, you do realize that her team also rejects her ideas and compromises her vision and art in order for her to be marketable. Its true she doesn't like to promote and can care less about sales but she has to fight many batlles with the direction of her music which I believe she cares more and is why she has an ear for hits. 

Typical Exhalers blaming everyone but Britney.  Larry does whatever Britney wants him to do.  Britney´s beef has always been with her label.  The fact is that RCA does not give a damn about Britney and that´s why she has been able to put out so much sub par work lately.  

You can bash the FF and Circus eras all you want but Jive made sure that the Britney brand was strong.  She needs a label that cares about her brand and image and to tell her that some of her ideas are plain wrong.

Britney has stepped up her game majorly this era promo and performance wise, she seems like she's up for anything. 

However, the creative aspect of things is all over the place, and the visuals so far have been mediocre, her music has grown but everything else hasn't, I want statement outfits, gimmicks,  it doesn't have to be a snake but at least give the gp something worth talking about other than stale choreography. 

She should take a page from Rihanna's book cause she's checking all the boxes of what a popstar should be. :shameless:

8 hours ago, mood.swings said:

Delusional.

She cant sign but she can decide for her own if she wants to do something or not.

You think her team or larry is the one responsible for Make Me music video being scrapped?

lol

Britney is the one who has regrets after filming some scenes, who doesn't like complicated choreos (Brian Friedman exposed her in HIAM) she did not want to do the hard dance moves.

She was the one talking about the retirement and saying she's a bored person and you think she's not doing great bc of her team?

Lets be honest with our girl, She's happy at home with her kids not learning chreographies or being a **** mom.

Archived