Time to stop blaming her team, designers, choreographers, directors, makeup artists etc

Antidote

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RedCarpet said:

yeah and they're promoting and doing their thing. and Sia is everywhere and is a werido too 

Britney's been promoting too, but that's beside the point. You were saying that just because Miley is signed to RCA, they would automatically approve skanky image for all of their artists, which makes zero sense.

LBR, we all know what's up, Britney's not the same as her prime of course we know, but if you're gonna try to say there's no blame on her team? Come on now bb

The baby one more time video was her idea which is iconic, the oops red cat suit was her idea and that's iconic, the whole womanizer video idea was hers, (I know there's more, help out here guys).

So your logic is a bit off with her ideas being ****. MM canon video was obviously a last minute fumble.

Let us be clear, we hold all parties accountable (it's just that mostly it's her team).

:yaknow:

Just now, very_urban said:

Britney's been promoting too, but that's beside the point. You were saying that just because Miley is signed to RCA, they would automatically approve skanky image for all of their artists, which makes zero sense.

look how different are the artists, I guess RCA let them be themself, SIA doesnt even show her face, thats crazy! 

If Britney wanted to do something more, be someone else they would let them. I think she stayed with RCA because they let her be more silent and be herself, and thats what she is rn. she's doing what she want to 

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Is Britney also responsible for the budget?

Because I'm seeing that as the main problem right now.

She no longer works with A-list professionals - and it shows.

Low budget? She works with the people she wants to work with. Her outfits are expensive af (charbel zoe, mark zunino, etc) but sometimes she chooses to work with flopco and that's an issue. Melanie is a great makeup artist but she prefers glenn (who sucks big time) for her vegas shows. The reason why she prefers him is because he doesn't force her to stay sit on the makeup chair for hours (she hates it) eventhough she needs to. she ocasionally hires mary phillips and she's not cheap at all. She hired david lachapelle and tons of dancers for her mv but she scrapped it. That costs a lot of money. 

Britney isn't a perfectionist anymore. She just wants to feel comfortable. That applies to her choreos too.

Just now, RedCarpet said:

look how different are the artists, I guess RCA let them be themself, SIA doesnt even show her face, thats crazy! 

If Britney wanted to do something more, be someone else they would let them. I think she stayed with RCA because they let her be more silent and be herself, and thats what she is rn. she's doing what she want to 

Depending on their contracts RCA can control their image(one of the insiders posted little bits from her contract recently), so it's not 100% up to Britney. I mean they chose that tacky album cover for her.

Just now, very_urban said:

Depending on their contracts RCA can control their image(one of the insiders posted little bits from her contract recently), so it's not 100% up to Britney. I mean they chose that tacky album cover for her.

she just got new contract with them, if she wasnt happy she wouldn't have :yaknow: and she would've find new label, I'm pretty sure many of them wants her 

She said herself she had no control over past albums, how many times her label didn't let her do things?

With the C-ship she can't legally decide about her career, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like it (she even said it in that british interview which HER TEAM cut).

2 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Low budget? She works with the people she wants to work with. Her outfits are expensive af (charbel zoe, mark zunino, etc) but sometimes she chooses to work with flopco and that's an issue. Melanie is a great makeup artist but she prefers glenn (who sucks big time) for her vegas shows. The reason why she prefers him is because he doesn't force her to stay sit on the makeup chair for hours (she hates it) eventhough she needs to. she ocasionally hires mary phillips and she's not cheap at all. She hired david lachapelle and tons of dancers for her mv but she scrapped it. That costs a lot of money. 

Britney isn't a perfectionist anymore. She just wants to feel comfortable. That applies to her choreos too.

Well, then I guess it IS Britney's fault.

It appears as if she has no Creative Director whatsoever. Her shows look exceptionally cheap compared to her peers. I've wanted to blame that on RCA, Lou M. Taylor (her financial manager) and Jamie (her financial conservator), but maybe it is all Britney?

If that's the case, she's moving into Michael Jackson territory, where she's started to lose touch. 

4 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

It appears as if she has no Creative Director whatsoever. Her shows look exceptionally cheap compared to her peers. I've wanted to blame that on RCA, Lou M. Taylor (her financial manager) and Jamie (her financial conservator), but maybe it is all Britney?

If that's the case, she's moving into Michael Jackson territory, where she's started to lose touch. 

I doubt Britney is seeking creative directors out or if she's aware at all of what the visual scene is like. The only director I know she wanted desperately to work with again was Jamie King and she got him. 

I think Britneys problem now is that she doesn't have anyone to reign her tackiness in. She's always been very tacky but has had stylists etc work around that to make the best of it. Now she doesn't have anyone and her team doesn't contact a list designers for her performance wear anymore even though her videos usually have perfect styling. 

Yes britney tackiness is definitely her own fault but again her team worked around it for circus and past eras but don't seem to care to bring BRITNEYS image up to date.

1 minute ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I don't think that her shows look cheap at all or that she lost her touch....she just wants her comfort. She even said that she used to feel very anxious about things like her hair. She's changed...that's all

13 minutes ago, Cecig said:

She said herself she had no control over past albums, how many times her label didn't let her do things?

With the C-ship she can legally decide about her career, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like it (she even said it in that british interview which HER TEAM cut).

This 

7 minutes ago, Allmylife said:

I think Britneys problem now is that she doesn't have anyone to reign her tackiness in. She's always been very tacky but has had stylists etc work around that to make the best of it. Now she doesn't have anyone and her team doesn't contact a list designers for her performance wear anymore even though her videos usually have perfect styling. 

Yes britney tackiness is definitely her own fault but again her team worked around it for circus and past eras but don't seem to care to bring BRITNEYS image up to date.

This is the problem. Exactly.

She's always been super campy/tacky/cheesy. It used to be a strong selling point, but it's started to become a detractor.

6 minutes ago, button said:

Time to remind yourself that she's under conservatorship and she's not in charge of 99% of her career decisions. Or else you wouldn't have albums called Femme Fatale and Britney Jean.

Bye. :keshawave:

But she is in charge of her performances. If she wanted to, she would sing live or at least prerecord some vocals and she would dance her *** off in every performance. Go watch the WB performance and try to tell me why she hasn't bend a single time in the "go call the police" part, unless her dancers. Let's not blame, for example, the choreo. We have to accept that everything is not her team's fault. She's also in charge of her career.

I hate when you people say she's been doing so many interviews and promo promo promo. But almost nothing has been said about glory. And when she talked about it on jonathon Ross they cut it because they didn't want her talking about her conservatorship. & when Larry talks about her he talks so lax like she's still as popular as she was in 2003. He doesn't think she needs to do anything extra but the Britney Spears brand has been tarnished. They have a lot of work to do if they want her to be successful on the charts and Britney herself said she wants to be on top of the charts. Yes some of what's wrong falls on her but A LOT of it is her teams fault. Britney Spears doesn't mean what It did in 2003 or even 2011 for that matter. She needs some serious rebranding but her team doesn't see it. They are all at fault because they're all lazy and don't want to give her any drive to do more. They do anything to save a coin and it shows. If thy want results they have to put in time and MONEY. 

35 minutes ago, B-Tipical Army! said:

But she is in charge of her performances. If she wanted to, she would sing live or at least prerecord some vocals and she would dance her *** off in every performance. Go watch the WB performance and try to tell me why she hasn't bend a single time in the "go call the police" part, unless her dancers. Let's not blame, for example, the choreo. We have to accept that everything is not her team's fault. She's also in charge of her career.

I was mainly replying to the 99% comment. When you can't even choose the musical direction of your album you're obviously not in charge of 99% of your career decisions. The OP is exaggerating and making it sound like she is the main problem, when honestly the only thing you could really blame her for is the performance laziness you're talking about. What WB performance are you talking about? Didn't she say she was feeling tired before the AM performance or smth? But anyways, I'm against blaming everything on everyone else in her case but clearly she is surrounded by people who don't help her at all and are severly contributing to her downfall. They have played a huge part in making her lose interest in her career (2011-2013). The conservatorship is restricting her so much... it's a curse. Glad she was given freedom for Glory.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
2 hours ago, Antidote said:

It's the team that she wants to

She can't change it though, she has the freedom of a 13 years old :orangu:

Archived