Today's meltdown is the price of unrealistic expectations...

10 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

but why we had high expectations?we wouldn't be that hyped if they didn't tease us with photos etc from the original video(pics from the set and leaked scenes) and wouldn't be THAT disappointed when we saw the released one.if britney didn't post mm rehearsal video on instagram  we wouldn't be that disappointed after seeing the shitty one they use in pom...of course ı love it when she shares something with us through social media but if they are about her work she shouldn't tease us until being sure about using it.they always do that.don't you remember larry and britney said that dancing was going to be good and she was going to be singing.you say we need to stop being disappointed but no, they should stop disappointing us.

This!!! We're disappointed because they played with us...we shouldn't just be exploited to give her sales, we love her, we support 24/7 her! They could at least have give us the video, as we're still asking for it! **** Team B! :crying11:

9 hours ago, Devilish0415 said:

I could care less what people do outside of Exhale.

" You're letting it consume you as if you just watched your mother or father get hit by a bus.  "

" There are bigger and more important things in this world that matter.  "

" Imagine if all of exhale put as much energy and thought in to fixing the planet as they do about bitching about Britney's career choices...we'd be saved!  "

these were so unnecessary, you crossed the line..."as if you just watched your mother or father get hit by a bus"really?and you are the one accusing us of not putting as much energy and thought in to fixing the planet, you can't know that.there are bigger and more important things in this world that matter?omg really?we didn't know that!:sofedup:

9 hours ago, MoodRing said:

It's not irrelevant, and if you read carefully I made it clear that 'today's meltdown' referred more to the glut of subsequent threads about her career. They stemmed from Larry's comments about the video and it turned into several discussions about her investment in her career.

Unfortunately the original video was promoted and then someone changed their minds. This was not without good reason; do you actually think Team Britney wanted the current video out instead of the original? It's rubbish as a fan, but we have to accept it. They are not going to release it, even though they know we don't like it. 

The Glory era will not be defined by the first single and video if there are another two singles and they are done well. 

I'm tying this into expectations because I can't remember the last time we had a Britney music video without drama. Work ***** seemed to be an exception; nobody was content with Ooh La La or Pretty Girls because they didn't like the song, Femme Fatale videos were a mess with body doubles, Perfume was a disaster and now Make Me has suffered the same fate. Why is it surprising everyone else? In my support of Britney I've learned that things are rarely done right by her team or herself. I can't change it, so I'm better off enjoying what I get, and then been pleasantly surprised when something amazing happens. It's done, you have the official video in this form now. Why is something that is set in stone now STILL polarising fans? 

her other videos you mentioned never got as much hate as mm, and we don't understand each other, so ı'm done, but at least accept that they ****** up.

1 hour ago, britisthecolor said:

" You're letting it consume you as if you just watched your mother or father get hit by a bus.  "

" There are bigger and more important things in this world that matter.  "

" Imagine if all of exhale put as much energy and thought in to fixing the planet as they do about bitching about Britney's career choices...we'd be saved!  "

these were so unnecessary, you crossed the line..."as if you just watched your mother or father get hit by a bus"really?and you are the one accusing us of not putting as much energy and thought in to fixing the planet, you can't know that.there are bigger and more important things in this world that matter?omg really?we didn't know that!:sofedup:

her other videos you mentioned never got as much hate as mm, and we don't understand each other, so ı'm done, but at least accept that they ****** up.

Yes, they ****** up, and it's incredibly frustrating, but not surprising and it won't be the last time. There'll be worse things to worry about in the future than the Make Me video. You're absolutely right and I agree that it was a mess.

But I'm not delusional enough to think that they're actually going to give it us, and that's even if Britney's sentiment of it been too much isn't true. If it is true, I'm ashamed of people lapping up the leaks of something Britney wanted contained.

Finally someone speaks the truth. I think she's doing the best she can considering she's under the C-ship. We should at least be grateful that Britney is still alive and able to make music and watch her children grow up. Things could so easily have gone the other way in 2007 and we would never have had another Britney album again. She has definitely improved since then, but the road to recovery is not an instant one. It can take many years for people to recover from mental health issues or breakdowns. I'm not at all bothered about the video any more. We got am amazing album and she seems to be doing more promo this era. I just hope there'll be a second single.

• 3 years later...
On 9/8/2016 at 1:22 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Feb 6, 2008

"Britney Spears left the psych ward at UCLA Medical Center on Wednesday and later was chased by paparazzi and news helicopters as she traveled to a hotel and a lawyer's office. Spears, 26, spent seven days at the hospital even though her psychiatrist had extended her stay Sunday to a 14-day involuntary hold. It was her second early departure from an involuntary mental-evaluation hospitalization. "

https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20176565,00.html

"After meeting at the hotel, Britney and Adnan Ghalib drove over to the law offices of Adam Streisand, the lawyer who, on Spears' behalf, objected to Jamie Spears being named co-conservator of her estate earlier this week. Britney was released yesterday because the hospital said it could no longer hold her against her will."

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2008/02/britney-spears-meets-up-with-adnan-ghalib-lawyers/

Feb 7, 2008

In the latest issue of Rolling Stone, Britney's boyfriend Adnan Ghalib says, "You must understand something about Britney," he says, in arguing her side of the story. "People turned on her. They were only there when the getting was good. She has become very Columbo-esque — she acts a certain way so that people don't think she's intelligent, and then people volunteer information, and she is able to put together what is going on. It's not the blogs or magazines or the people on the street she cares about. She knows that the people who had a responsibility to support her bailed out and is very hurt by their actions."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-tragedy-of-britney-spears-rolling-stones-2008-cover-story-20110329?page=8

This gives pretty strong credence to many current theories about what she's up to. Britlumbo!

5 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

@Steel Magnolia You were one of the real ones from the very beginning, if only people listened to you back then :wendycry:

Maybe I was just blind to the situation but I do feel like 2016 was the year fans started talking more openly about the elephant in the room (the c-ship). I feel like this was part due to the long battle between Sam lutfi and Team B was finally coming to a close

this thread was more open than others were at the time. I really feel like whenever it was brought up in other threads other fans quickly shut it down and said “ITS NOT OUR BUSINESS STOP”. Look at the first few pages of the FreeBritney voicemail thread. Great example of those people in there lol

• Love 3
  • 11 months later...
On 9/8/2016 at 1:34 PM, soeffnperf said:

Yeah I'm not buying the she's under total lock and chain. I believe the conservatorship was meant to protect her assets, since it's obviously a lot and to possibly shield her from appearing in court. I'm pretty sure she has basic rights back like being allowed to select her own doctor. She can go out without her conservator. 

:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Love 4

'My precious body, who has worked for my dad for the past ******* 13 years, trying to be so good and pretty. So perfect. When he works me so hard. When I do everything I’m told and the state of California allowed my father — ignorant father — to take his own daughter, who only has a role with me if I work with him, they’ve set back the whole course and allowed him to do that to me.'

End the CON ship. And maybe just maybe she will be back.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 9/8/2016 at 2:47 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

They were trotting her out in front of the paps for photo ops within two weeks of her being released from hospital.

https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Britney-Spears-Her-dad-Jamie-Leaving-LA-Club-1050171#photo-1050171

It's no wonder it all imploded on them once the Circus Tour was over. I'm sure she thought she'd be released for "good behaviour," only to realize that it was a situation with no end. 

The way you slayed this thread in 2016, 3 years before #FreeBritney, and predicted what Britney would tell us in her most recent hearing in 2021, 5 years before it happened. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

• Love 4
On 9/8/2016 at 11:34 AM, soeffnperf said:

Yeah I'm not buying the she's under total lock and chain. I believe the conservatorship was meant to protect her assets, since it's obviously a lot and to possibly shield her from appearing in court. I'm pretty sure she has basic rights back like being allowed to select her own doctor. She can go out without her conservator. 

LOU IS THAT YOU :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Kletus said:

LOU IS THAT YOU :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

lol the thing is, it was true, she hasn't lived with her father for several years now, and we indeed saw her going out and about by herself a lot (well, with a bodyguard). How we would know about all the micromanagement and abuse going on behind the scenes?

It got to a point where it really seemed like the conservatorship was just a mere legal thing to protect her from lawsuits and stuff, and the truth is, in theory, the conservatorship shouldn't allow them to do all the stuff they've done, like making medical decisions for her, sending her to the mental health facility, prohibiting from marrying or having children, forcing her to work, etc, yet they've abused that power to do all those things.

• Love 1