Britney Spears Returns to the VMA Stage, Triumphant

Jordan Miller

11 minutes ago, BGirlTrack said:

Exactly, I had so much hope for the VMAs after the BBMAs :embarrassney: Everything there was on point so I thought if they were pulling this for BBMAs, they were probably pulling for something BIGGER at the VMAs.

The shadow hands was really basic too imo like a High School talent show. If they wanted to do that kind of performance, they should've taken notes from the Bieber one at the BBMAs, which would emphasize her movements and looks more modern.

See 1:13

You're right about the shadow hands, I was trying to be positive :kidcries: I mean, the human dress thing was cool? :kidcries:

The VMA stage was definitely time to pull out all the stops, and they had nothing going on besides a white screen :embarrassney:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing.  I thought she slayed, and I still do.  I wish she had used pre-recorded "live" vocals for 'Make Me' if she had to lip, but it didn't ruin the performance for me or anything.  She looked amazing, her dancing was fine, she and Gerald had crazy chemistry, and I'm still living for her version of 'Me, Myself & I'.  I think people were disappointed because MTV hyped the **** out of her, starting with that boss promo video, and then she delivered a perfectly good performance instead of something iconic and attention-grabbing.  Had she done the exact same performance at the AMAs or another award show, everyone would have loved it; they just had higher expectations for the VMAs considering her previous legendary performances there.

I watched that performance for 100 times and I still don't feel it. I would rather that she didn't perform then to ruin her VMA legacy. I think she didn't put too much practice into the performance and WTF happened with rehearsal coreo from her instagram. why does she learn these choreographies if she won't perform them ever (same case mannequin). I don't care she only got 5 min to perform she could of make them iconic this was some C list performance with bad lipsync and I LOVE HER TO DEATH and was really hoping for a new iconic moment. To be clear I didn't like Beyonce performance at all so basic and boring and same **** all the time 0 creativity. And last thing I can' believe how they treated her VMA award tribute she introduced beyonce for **** sake, and bey and rihanna got the whole ******* show. MESS :sickofu::wannadie:

No. I think it's actually a really great performance. Very sensual and focused on Britney herself. Why would she ruin her VMA legacy with a great performance? It's something different without gimmicks. Also, the people around me think the performance was amazing and told me she looks hot and like the performer from back in the day.

But it's your opinion of course.

She shouldn't have done them if this was all we were going to get. It only allowed for haters and the general public to once again point out her lip syncing. I mean, there wasn't anything to the performance at all to distract from that. She's capable now of dancing great but they didn't give her anything great to do. Her flop team should all be fired.

3 minutes ago, ITSNICKCRAY said:

No. I think it's actually a really great performance. Very sensual and focused on Britney herself. Why would she ruin her VMA legacy with a great performance? It's something different without gimmicks. Also, the people around me think the performance was amazing and told me she looks hot and like the performer from back in the day.

But it's your opinion of course.

i guess that is true. I wasn't hoping for a gimmick just the coreo from the rehearsal video and better lipsync I don't care about her singing live but she should have done it the performance was easy going :idkney:

she is in all  media all around world 90% positive, alll tv station-  WW that mentation her like comeback queen, good perfor.

people know that she is still ICON...and have back to work again

she get 11 million for few days on yt for perf...it was HIT, she was hot, ****, good performances, it is slow song....everybody love it...people complain only about lip-s---

15 minutes ago, ITSNICKCRAY said:

IA with that

I loved it when i saw it but ppl expected a spectacle abd that's what she should have gave them she like myself thought just her lookin amazing and dancing good would be enough but it wasn't. It's the vmas her most iconic performances were there and she has a reputation Idc if she doesn't care about that reputation considering she shades how AMAZING she used and delivers performances and choreography that don't come anywhere near it. She's literally the only person that says bad **** about PRIMENEY lol the WORLD misses primeney and she has nothing but shade for her 

On 9/3/2016 at 10:07 AM, BGirlTrack said:

Exactly, I had so much hope for the VMAs after the BBMAs :embarrassney: Everything there was on point so I thought if they were pulling this for BBMAs, they were probably pulling for something BIGGER at the VMAs.

The shadow hands was really basic too imo like a High School talent show. If they wanted to do that kind of performance, they should've taken notes from the Bieber one at the BBMAs, which would emphasize her movements and looks more modern.

See 1:13

I totally thought this is what we were going to get when I read the TMZ article saying it was "tech heavy." The shadow hands would have been nice on a different stage -- but completely inappropriate for the VMA's.

I thought Britney's performance was GREAT -- she always lip synchs, so I don't know why anyone would expect anything different.

It was just the visuals that were horrid -- the yellow outfit + the red lights + the moving shadows from the picture frames + the optical illusions on the dancer's outfits gave me a headache. My eye didn't know where the hell to travel to. 

• 11 months later...

Archived