In the Zone original tracklist + Girls and Boys being Britney's favourite song off the album

the only explanation that makes sense is that these interviews, I mean Britney's interview and the review that talks about Girls and Boys were done months in advance.

The Linda Perry interview that states that the song didn't make the cut was closer to the release date, so it's most likely the author already knew the final soundtrack by then.

• Love 5
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, PlayboyMommy said:

While this is all very nice, something about this whole story doesn't really make sense. You see, the way albums were released back then, the tracklist had to be decided on months ahead of the album's release date so the album could be mastered, pressed and shipped to every country to meet its release window, (There were rumours around this time Jennifer Lopez angered her label when she decided to change the name off one of the songs on her album once it had already been sent to be pressed) so the fact that the album had a totally different tracklist less than a month before it was released doesn't add up

Usually they have like 18 songs mastered and then selected 12 and the others for the bonus tracks and b-sides. 

The cover was the one from that magazine. For example this is a promo send to Poland, maybe in one moth you can pressed and shipped:

WWW.DISCOGS.COM

The tracklist is the same in this promo cd.

• Love 2

It reminds me of Bring Me Home, which Britney talked about in multiple interviews before the Britney album was released saying it’s her favorite song on the album… only for the song to not make it onto the album. And recently we got confirmation that Britney may not have even laid down vocals on that track 💀 

• Love 6
  • Haha 2

This stuff is so Nerdy Cool and fun to me, I’m the type of guy who enjoys reading linear notes and wiki articles about album singles and album statistics. Thanks to OP@PlayboyMommy I appreciate these kinda posts, they’re why I’m still a Britney Stan.  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Girls & Boys is a great song, it’s a shame that it never made it onto the standard track listing. Britney clearly loved the song, it’s a shame that Jive didn’t always believe in Britney’s vision, her music/Legacy would have been so different if they had. Jive/RCA.. seriously judging you right now..  :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

if I remember correctly, was the song not included on the international track list of the DVD/CD In The Zone EP? I so wish it got more exposure, cuz it’s so different than any sound Britney had experimented with up to that point. It may have even done good on radio.. What a good song, I was so obsessed with it back in ‘06 when I first discovered it on Limewire. Limewire, OMG…  :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 5

Im reading the Linda interview.

""Girls and Boys," a sinuous electroclash tune. Britney Spears is singing about mas******g while her lover sleeps beside her. The song -- inspired by Perry's impression that Spears wanted something edgier in her repertoire".

This are her ***ual era for sure. This, Breathe On Me, Touch Of My Hand, Over To You Know and And Then We Kiss are similar. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This stuff is so Nerdy Cool and fun to me, I’m the type of guy who enjoys reading linear notes and wiki articles about album singles and album statistics. Thanks to OP@PlayboyMommy I appreciate these kinda posts, they’re why I’m still a Britney Stan.  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Girls & Boys is a great song, it’s a shame that it never made it onto the standard track listing. Britney clearly loved the song, it’s a shame that Jive didn’t always believe in Britney’s vision, her music/Legacy would have been so different if they had. Jive/RCA.. seriously judging you right now..  :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

if I remember correctly, was the song not included on the international track list of the DVD/CD In The Zone EP? I so wish it got more exposure, cuz it’s so different than any sound Britney had experimented with up to that point. It may have even done good on radio.. What a good song, I was so obsessed with it back in ‘06 when I first discovered it on Limewire. Limewire, OMG…  :orangu_orangutan_ape:

yeah it is part of the bonus cd of the itz dvd that was available in europe

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block