In the Zone original tracklist + Girls and Boys being Britney's favourite song off the album

59 minutes ago, CowrlosMc said:

There's a demo by Linda Perry that I preferred that Britney had recorded it.

Oh wow, this is brilliant. Giving Fiona Apple/Tori Amos meets Lana Del Rey. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Wish Britney recorded more songs like this!!!

• Like 1

That’s interesting. I’m sure I remember reading it was originally on the album’s tracklist but was removed cause Jive thought it was “too explicit”??? Then apparently they were saving it for a film soundtrack, but that didn’t end up happening either. I’m gonna guess it was on a very early tracklist and the press had been sent out of date info. And that interview Britney did must have been from months earlier and was only just being published then.

I find it surprising Britney said it was “rock sounding”, it sounds more electronic to me. I guess she said that cause of Linda Perry’s involvement? 

It's interesting that Britney even spoke about a bonus track like this when we usually think of albums in the c-ship for this situation.

FF and BJ both had Britney talking more about bonus tracks than the standard ones outside of singles because of how little direction she had.

That being said I don't think this track is better than anything on the standard edition, but it's more mature lyrically and a departure from her typical sound which is why I'd guess it stuck with her.

I. LOVE. THREADS. LIKE. THIS!

This is the kind of stuff we should be talking about more often now that we're in a phase of just celebrating her legacy as fans ❤️

ITZ is a perfect album and an essential pick in her discography, but I wouldn't have minded taking Showdown out to make space for Girls & Boys. That song is such a vibe and the sound was so futuristic and modern for the time. Absolutely banger of a song

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.2 said:

I. LOVE. THREADS. LIKE. THIS!

This is the kind of stuff we should be talking about more often now that we're in a phase of just celebrating her legacy as fans ❤️

ITZ is a perfect album and an essential pick in her discography, but I wouldn't have minded taking Showdown out to make space for Girls & Boys. That song is such a vibe and the sound was so futuristic and modern for the time. Absolutely banger of a song

Yes, this is the kind of content I want to see here. Not "insider information" from "blind item" or whatever random twitter accouts.

Back to the thread. I think Britney and label are still trying to figure out her sound in 03.
Thus, they record a great bunch of genres (or at least got a lots of demoes) for the album. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Same thing happened when all I kept reading about was a track called Glow. Did we ever get to hear that track? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

I'm still ******* waiting for it even to this ******* DAY :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

death-dying.gif

You mean Grow? That’s unreleased from Blackout. Steve Anderson produced it and said the song is about Britney’s children.

3 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.2 said:

Don't Hang Up is the one that deserved to be on the main tracklist instead of either of those two :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: or instead of Early Mornin' 

• Like 3

She probably talked about the demo, possibly recorded her vocals over the original acoustic demo track, then it was re-produced into a dance track.

Maybe she just manifested wanting it on the album but didn't bother to lay down enough vocals and it shared the same path as Before The Goodbye.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block