Is it the end of an era? Adele (65M) and Taylor Swift (70M) are "fighting" to surpass Britney Spears (80M) as the best-selling female artist (pure album sales) since Mariah Carey

6 hours ago, 3Pney said:

tbh, i feel bad for taylor. she is releasing tons of different versions of the same album + re-releases, and yet she is still struggling with Adele who released only like 4 albums?

lol. sad.

No reason to feel bad for Taylor she's the biggest star out now and worth a ton of money. The reason she put out different versions of past albums is so she could own her masters and music. Taylor is far from struggling. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

Been a long time and even 8 years since Glory, even if Brit puts something out at some point we'll probably never get another album after that one for a LONG TIME if ever.

8 Years since Glory is wiiiiiillld! Where has the time gone?! Team con really did ruin it for her so i'm not surprised. Tbh she's not old so she could come back whenever she chooses and will probably dominate as well as Beyonce. I just think she's not working til either the court stuff is done or she gets some sort of justice... 

Just now, MoodRing3 said:

I don‘t think this numbers are reliable.

Is it even possible to seperate Taylors Sales? I always thought her album sales are mostly streaming….

No many of Taylor's albums sold lots of physical sales first week and after.

Lots of streaming too, but lots of physical sales as well. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

8 Years since Glory is wiiiiiillld! Where has the time gone?! Team con really did ruin it for her so i'm not surprised. Tbh she's not old so she could come back whenever she chooses and will probably dominate as well as Beyonce. I just think she's not working til either the court stuff is done or she gets some sort of justice... 

I think even if she comes back, she's not going to be that great unfortunately I just don't see Britney wanting to do a lot of promo, or hard choreography or put much into it.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I think even if she comes back, she's not going to be that great unfortunately I just don't see Britney wanting to do a lot of promo, or hard choreography or put much into it.

Why do you think she won't be that great? If you are judging it by her instagram then I don't know what to tell you lol

Have a little faith :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: Even at her worst she's better than all these current pop girls put together. We are in the pits with pop atm  :walkin_fire_meltdown_burning_flames_panic_mess_exhell:

• Like 1
Just now, PlatinumB said:

Why do you think she won't be that great? If you are judging it by her instagram then I don't know what to tell you lol

Have a little faith :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: Even at her worst she's better than all these current pop girls put together. We are in the pits with pop atm  :walkin_fire_meltdown_burning_flames_panic_mess_exhell:

Not just the Insta sis but even POM wasn't that great, there were times she shined in POM but the bulk of it was stiff, robotic and just not strong Britney performances.

I have faith in the fact that Britney could be incredible if she wanted, I just don't believe she wants to do the most anymore.

She's proven herself, there's nothing left for her to prove but my bets are she won't be wanting to slay.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Not just the Insta sis but even POM wasn't that great, there were times she shined in POM but the bulk of it was stiff, robotic and just not strong Britney performances.

I have faith in the fact that Britney could be incredible if she wanted, I just don't believe she wants to do the most anymore.

She's proven herself, there's nothing left for her to prove but my bets are she won't be wanting to slay.

Agree about POM but she was trafficked and forced into doing it. She basically said F everyone and gave the bare minimum. She even said she felt like a robot, wearing awful wigs and just going through the motions.

I do believe she's not working or putting anything meaningful out til she gets the court stuff sorted and has some sort of decent closure with everything. But that's me being optimistic that the courts will have anything of the sort :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning: 

I swear Britney said on her insta that she wanted to prove her self and be successful on her own and shove it in her family's and co's faces but she's conflicted... This was ages ago though and could be wrong! She deletes so much stuff it's hard to track.  :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

YOU BETTA PREACH! I really do not understand the Taylor hype... like at all. Call me a hater! I don't care. It's just baffling and beyond tragic... xD I have young  14 teen year old cousins who are obsessed with her music and i'm like... You know Taylor came out when I was your age lmao and no one was really checking for Taylor's music like that back then.. She's re-released her way to relevancy :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: 

Adele and the boomers....

giphy.gif

she saw a gap in the market and went for it lmao I'm not mad at her though lol good for her! 

Lol yeah.

I was 13 when she debuted and its crazy to think that there are fans of hers that are a generation younger than me.

I think now Taylor is targeting Gen Z instead of Millenials, its pretty obvious.

Honestly I'm more of a casual fan now but in her country days and the 1989 era,

I was a BIG fan!

I even saw her in her 1989 tour back in 2015.

Man I wish she could make another album like 1989

but I think that was a lighting in a bottle album and sadly can't be replicated.

• Like 1

I'm super surprised by Adele tbh The bish release something and then dips lol Residencies do wake catalogs the f uck up :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

I'm also kinda surprised by Taylor because no one can assure you you will be this successfull a decade into it :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: but then again she release multiple versiones of the same thing :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: plus the TVs must helpt a lot, she's basically selling the same album by 2 :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Both work extremely hard, care about their careers, artistry and their fans. So congrats to them - I think Taylor is beyond overrated but she works HARD - she just did 3 nights in a row of 3 hour shows. 

Britney doesn’t care about any of that so if her records are broken that’s just what will happen 

• Like 1

Well Britney is retired so she gonna get surpassed eventually :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Mariah as talented as she still is, I feel bad that GP is not here for her anymore like they were in the 90s. She can still out sing newer artist like Tyler swift, Ridrog, Karol K and that Gomez chick. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Taylor Swift - meh :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

Adele - loud powerful voice but boring as heck, I start purring and fall asleep, then jump awake when she screams again

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block